ReshiramLover

Water won't travel through pipes

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have never seen this problem before. I have used these for months without problem, now water will not travel beyond the area that the facility alone can provide. I have a water distance mod to cover more ares with less pipes but this is the first time I have ever seen all pipes connected and connected to the center of the facility but no water!

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Samurott is the water provider and the Suicune next to it is the purifier. I used these two many times but this is the first time I have ever seen water not travel away from the facility.

problem.jpg

Seems the basics are covered such as the thinger is powered and the pollution is acceptable. That pretty much leaves a missing pipe connection. Like you could have one pipe that is adjacent to another but not actually connected. Zoom in right were the boundaries are between watered and not and then check back 7 tiles (or whatever the default distance is with your mod) and look for something not really connected. Try dragging a new pipe from the Samurott connection all the way into the other pipes.

• Original Poster
  • No, they are all connected! I checked a number of times. Zoomed in as far as I can go. I tried a new city and the same thing happened. After that I tried a large area city and it works except now the Super_waterpipe.dat mod seems to be no longer working on any of my cities in the region. Including the ones that were working. Closing and reopening Sim City 4 did not help. it just up and stopped working.

I wonder if this problem is related.

Check to ensure the Occupant Group has the following entry to indicate the Building is a Water Building: 0x00001401.  It is possible to make a water pump that will show a volume of water available, but the water won't distribute through the pipes without the Occupant Group entry.    If the building does appear in the water utilities menu then its more likely this is not the problem.

5 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

Did you recently install any other mods? It's possible something is now overriding the one which worked previously.

Either that's your problem, otherwise try re-dragging all the pipes (or re-making them anew) in one of the cities. It's possible something has gone wrong, for example is your maintenance 100%? Things not properly maintained will break occasionally.

• Original Poster
  • 7 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

My next guess: Did you recently install any other mods? It's possible something is now overriding the one which worked previously.

2 hours ago, rsc204 said:

Either that's your problem, otherwise try re-dragging all the pipes (or re-making them anew) in one of the cities. It's possible something has gone wrong, for example is your maintenance 100%? Things not properly maintained will break occasionally.

I just placed the building so obviously it is 100%. And no, I have not installed any other mods. I created 6 cities yesterday in the region with it working then bam! stops working out of the blue without me closing the game or anything. There is about 15 cities of varying sizes all together in the region.

I have been using the Super_waterpipe.dat for a while and did experience some anomolies very similar to yours. I tried replacing water towers and pipe, checked all connections, etc. What seems to be working for me is making sure I use pipe layouts that loop back.

It looks like you are using straight runs.

I've sometimes had trouble with vanilla pumps because the pipe needed to be connected to the building just so, and I hadn't dragged it that way. Try attaching pipe to building in various ways (in one side and out another) to see what happens when you run some time on the clock.

Something I've just discovered for another water pump is that the connector it looks like one should use isn't where the building expects the connection:

img0350_zpsvqsrbdw1.jpg.5a134b50d2bffbe9c043c874a0514c6c.jpg

But, connect the pipes to the little pump house building of it and now it flows:

img0352_zpsayoqmy6n.jpg.b58743d08600e2c654eb8fa5f1afab6c.jpg

So:

img0353_zpsszvldzhk.jpg.456d1cc4f4c964ed9fc6f8fa4008490b.jpg

Perhaps the same things is happening with the one you are using?

Well, I've seen this with a lot of water delivering buildings, like some custom made Water Towers. When you plop a Water Tower / Pump you have to always make sure, that the water travels trough the pipes. You might even need to consult the water chart and see, if the total amount of available water is higher after you build the Water Tower/Pump. If not, play around with the water pipes and connect the Water Tower/Pump in multiple ways with the water pipes... That should do it, like @CorinaMarie already explained...

Kind regards!