huzman

TerrainQuery Block

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've been trying activating the "TerrainQuery" cheat, as it is supposed to show the cursor coordinate information. (I'm hoping it's not just a X and Y info.)

But no matter how I put on, [on], or any other variation I come out null.

Ok, you are doing Ctrl+X to get the pop up box right? Then type TerrainQuery and press enter. Then select the normal Query tool (the Question Mark) and hover over some terrain.  Note: The city must be established in Mayor Mode for this to work.

A lot of the "Extra Cheats" require a very specific syntax to work correctly. One way to avoid all that, when pressing CTRL+X, right click the box that appears to get a drop-down list, saving you having to type anything.

12 hours ago, rsc204 said:

One way to avoid all that, when pressing CTRL+X, right click the box that appears to get a drop-down list, saving you having to type anything.

This is a great way to do it providing you have the Extra Cheats Plugin installed. In plain vanilla, the right-click in the box does absolutely nothing. *;)

Note: The TerrainQuery does work in plain vanilla.

• Original Poster
  • 14 hours ago, rsc204 said:

pressing CTRL+X, right click the box that appears to get a drop-down list

@rsc204's suggestion is spot on.

Just did that. Great ! No 'ON/OFF' as SC4D suggest. Works very well and doesn't infringe in the normal query. Again, thanks.

2 hours ago, CorinaMarie said:

This is a great way to do it providing you have the Extra Cheats Plugin installed

To which I would answer... WHY wouldn't you have the Extra Cheats Plugin installed? :P

1 hour ago, huzman said:

No 'ON/OFF' as SC4D suggest.

Yeah, there is no way to turn it off without exiting the city that I know of.

• Original Poster
  • 18 hours ago, rsc204 said:

Yeah, there is no way to turn it off without exiting the city that I know of.

Actually, you can. When in Mayor's mode, I discovered that when you invoke the cheat TerrainQuery you don't have to write ON. just click on the query icon (the one with a ?), you are on. To turn it off, go to the cheats list, choose TerrainQuery , and add OFF, and you are back in business.

BTW, with the cheat on ON, you can use it in a normal way too, like checking on a LOT and so on.

10 hours ago, huzman said:

To turn it off, go to the cheats list, choose TerrainQuery , and add OFF

However, modded nets like NWM won't all have their arrows turned off until after the sector is exited to region. This can yield odd pictures in the transit view of the region (some brightly colored roads), but another open & close cycle clears that up.

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, jeffryfisher said:

NWM won't all have their arrows turned off until after the sector is exited to region

What's pertinent to this ? Actually, what do you mean by " all have their arrows turned off. " Aren't you complicating issues ? I do appreciate your comments but sometimes you seem to fly into a never land, and miss the point wholly. What does arrows have anything to do in this topic ?

11 hours ago, huzman said:

what do you mean

I may have crossed the names of two different query cheats. Arrows show on roads when querying routes, and they don't all turn off by command. Sorry 'bout the confusion.