4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Are there any political/strategy games like the tropico series, wehre you can be a dictator? Or is this game series unique? Is tropico the only game that allows you to Play as a real totalitarian dictator? Or do other games like this exis5t where you can become a brutal totalitarian dictator? Is tropico the only really good political simulation game?

• Original Poster
  • 3 minutes ago, Jolteon said:

One alternative could be Urban Empire, but it doesn't have great reviews, so as it stands right now your best choice is indeed Tropico.

Yes urban empire seems to be very bad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By playfieldearth
        Hello everyone
        We would like to introduce you to our upcoming game Playfield. Earth / Urban Management.
        PFE / Urban Management will be a mix of city builder and comprehensive city management. 
        We want to go completely new ways in this genre, the player takes over existing cities, districts, villages or metropolitan regions with all their characteristics, specifics and challenges.

PFE / Urban Management offers different sub-gameplays (game modes) that simulate all aspects of real urban planning, urban management and typical municipal politics:
        - Urban planning
        - Traffic & transport
        - Public safety management
        - Society management
        - Economy & infrastructure management
        - A mayor mode
        - A multiplayer mode in which players take over a municipal government

Our trailer shows some of the pre-alpha builds and features we are planning:

We are looking forward to your opinions, ideas and criticisms, here in the forum.

Our website and social channels:
        https://playfield.earth/en/gameplays-en/urbanmanagement
        https://www.reddit.com/r/playfieldearth
        https://twitter.com/playfieldearth
        https://www.facebook.com/playfieldearth

• By RandyE
        How would you rate each of the city-builder games you've actually played.  Listed below I've included the games generally covered on ST.  If there is a city-builder game that you play that is not on the list then add it to your list of games actually played and give it a rating.
        The ratings are from 1 to 10.  There are 9 listed game titles and 1 'other' which you can name or choose not to.  If you have not actually played the game give it a rating of n/a, or simply leave it off your list.
        A rating of 1 would be what you consider the least, a rating of 10 would be what you consider the best.  You can either rate them as a list from 1 to 10, or rate each one individually between 1 and 10.  Either way it should be obvious which way you decided to rate the games.
        You can copy and paste the text below to enter your ratings.  You can also quote the text below and enter your ratings in the quote box.
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        1. Cities Skylines  ___
        2. SimCity (2013) ___
        3. SimCity 4 (Rush Hour) ___
        4. SimCity 3000 ___
        5. Cities XXL ___
        6. SimCity Buildit  ___ 
        7. City Life ___
        8. SimCity 2000 ___
        9. SimCity Societies ___
        10. Other ___
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      • By Jonathan Irons
        Democracy ? DeMocritoirasy...
        People doesn't want rules hell its not even what they want
        Forums are ruling the internet doing rules etc for years and It doesn't worked one time
        Why ?
        Because internet can't have even have the most basic things to support a democracy and rulers
        Things like "I will obey the rules in the name or allah" or "Rulers are everything" !!!!
        Do you think you can start a democracy in a place that is "polluted" with crackers, poor people, or people that doesn't want to buy the game AGAIN ?
        People doesn't want rules they want a leader that both can make constraints and support
        Thats where Coriemarie shall come in

Simply put
        I ISO'ed the game lots of time ago and none of Poweriso alcholol 120 doesn't work in XP
        Now I will move to W8.1 and it wont work again (Believe me i tried it lots of time ago and i did everything like Registry and CMD sc start things)
        I wont buy something I already have (Nor I have cash anyway)
        So can someone provide people with a "SC4Launcher" with "Disable CD check" or some sorts ? (SADX launcher had it) and make sure NAM team will disregard MD5 Checksum check ?
      • By Jonathan Irons
        Far Cry 4
        A Game where you play Ajay Ghale who is son of the Ishwara Ghale that wanted her ashes to be scarred to the her own country
        Kyrat
        A Place in Himalayas
        Natural Resources Depleted
        A Place where ONLY opium can be harvested  (Can someone find me an biologian or an scientist farmer that can tell me about this ? Is it possible to grow vegetables in places that can support opium production ?)
        OK Lets start (I Am "Born In 14/12/2002 and that's my view on Kyrat politics)
        Dictators (And wannabe dictators) Of Kyrat
        Pagan
        A Psycopath that kills golden path people because their leader killed his daughter
        Amita
        A Revolutionist that wants to save the future of Kyrat by making children work in opium fields
        Sabal
        A Traditionalist that believes Kyrat mythology (Religion of Kyrat people totally made up) and Mohan Ghale's (That child killer)  ideas about not selling drugs and doing sex with Tarun Matara (Worst of all, The current Tarun Matara is a 14 year old girl)
        Their Objectives
        Pagan wants to rule Kyrat like a Tropico or a SimCity player and killing soldiers of the rebel organization which their ex-leader killed his daughter named Lakshmana 
        Amita wants to save people from starving by making childs work in drug fields so they can get cash to fill their mouths while their fathers and mothers are killing remaining "Royal Army Holdouts" that wants to kill the Kyrat people ("I am sacrificing our liberties for peace later") 
        Sabal wants to rule the country in that "religion" and letting people starve because selling drugs are a bad thing ALSO he wants to have sex with Tarun Matara
        After Credits Scenes
        These Happen If you didn't enjoyed crab rangoon in the beginning and escaped
        In the beginning, If you wait 15 Mins you get accompanied by Pagan and he tells us how "Mohan Ghale" killed his own daughter and step sister of Ajay Ghale
        Pagan
        404 Not Found, If you let him get away and tells you the truth in exact same "crab rangoon" aftermath and gives you his crown and flees the country with his Blackhawk (Does anybody know how to find these on black market ?) yelling "I gave you the Kyrat but Heli is mine !"
        Amita
        Forced labour scene where children are forced to get employed in drug fields and she tells us "Bhadra Is not coming back" (After that, a location in the river titled "Tarun Matara's sleep" appears in the map
        Sabal
        He cuts throats of the "people sided with Amita and butchered their brothers and sisters" front of the Tarun Matara. Also he tells us Bhadra is Tarun Matara now
        After After credits sequences I made up
        Pagan
        He simply calls us about how he runs this country and does some "Step father and step son" talking (A step father that loves his adopted son ?)
        Amita
        Country isn't an Utopia but nobody is starving thanks to the Opium exports
        Sabal
        He fails
        Since Opium isn't harvested, People are very poor
        Conclusion
        OK
        Pagan wants to get revenge on Golden Path people
        Amita wants to improve her country at all costs
        Sabal just wants to sex with the Tarun Matara and "that made up religion" alive
        The problem is
        No matter what, Bhadra will have bad time
        So my idea
        Side with Pagan and teach him Islam so he can be an better person and save Kyrat with him
        Boring huh ?
        Lets say I was an moron atheist and didn't know anything about REAL religions also I didn't experienced "Crab Rangoon" ending
        At the end, I would
        Make sure Bhadra survives
        Side with Amita and save the country from starving by making children grow opium and feed their mouths when their parents work as soldiers that kills the "Royal Army Holdouts"
        Spare Sabal He didn't do anything wrong
        Spare Pagan Yes he killed people but I somehow want to save him (I Choose who to survive and who to kill)
        I Dont know why I wrote this note but this was playing (I Want mature games with mature stories like Fallout 1/2/3 and GTA 4. but sadly ALL of the modern game industry (With some exceptions like Far Cry) are made for 9 year olds that doesn't care about story
        These are my ideas
      • By MisterBlueStar4
        Hello,so I've been looking for assets to start up a old city journal I've abandoned months ago.I need some help figuring out what assets could fit well with a Californian city.