• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DiplexMantis
      So i've been playing Cities Skylines for a while and and thought I would try something a little different from a let's play, so I started a new City with unlimited money and several mods this first episode was kept fairly simple with a small American suburbs to kickstart the series. This is going to be a large project where I will build a realistic looking city that hopefully pleases the eye.
      I would love to hear some feedback on your thoughts and suggestions for the series.

• By Ronyx69
      Tutorials, scripts, source code and files etc.

Realtime Asset Creation (Ingame Texture & Mesh Replacement)

Asset Creation Videos (+ Theme & LUT)

Modding Videos

Tutorial Videos

Scripts

Asset Source Files

Mod Source Code

Quick Help Response Videos

Quick Tips

• By Cool_Z
      I keep on digging into SC4's game mechanisms and I was thinking about how far from reality the water system in SC4 is.
      It's also completely wrong in Skylines.
      I don't think any city in the world lays pipes under the ground to "cover" an area. Water pipes are usually running under the streets of a city.
      Also, water towers do not produce water (LOL...), they only serve to store water and provide pressure.
      I know it "adds some gameplay"... but it should be working about the same as the electricity system.
    • By marklcfc
      I love this game but I always get problems with traffic, I don't even have 7,000 population yet so I need to fix traffic. Roundabouts seems to help but I can't have roundabouts everywhere. Currently I have this problem for instance, its a queue to get back onto the highway. I don't know how I'm supposed to get traffic back on to the highway properly, so I just did this. Would welcome some advice.

• By chfzdn
      Did you confused with BSC, AOIN, BAT, PLEX, STR etc? Here are the collections of them that adapted from https://www.kaskus.co.id/show_post/53cc0c3aa3cb170a768b4669/12/kamus-istilah-sim-city-4 (Indonesian) and the famous SimCity 4 Encyclopaedia (this is will be grouped appropriately):
      AIN/AOIN: Alliance of Independent Nations.
      Automata: object that can move automatically, including vehicles, pedestrians and animals.
      BAT: 
      Building Architect Tool, an official app to make structures for mod making. Structures made by the app. BSC: BAT Squad Certification, the largest BAT team besides NAM Team.
      BLaM: BATters, Lotters, and Modders Team.
      Brown box: structures that replaces the original buildings due to missing dependencies.
      BLS: Barby Lot Studio. Part of BSC.
      BTM: Bullet Train Mod, modifies elevated rail network. Part of NAM.
      CAM: Colossus Addon Mod, modifies growth stages and demands.
      CAN-AM: Canal Addon Mod, makes canals to be used as mode of transportation. Part of NAM.
      CARCH: Cerulean Architecture and Design.
      CDK: Coastal Development Kit, a set of seaports and related facilities made by Pegasus.
      COFR: Confenderacy of Free Regions.
      CSK: Channel Stream Kit.
      CSX: Colyn Serfontein Expanded. Part of BSC.
      D66: Dolphin66.
      DAE: Deadwoods. Part of BSC.
      DT: DuskTrooper.
      El-rail: elevated rail.
      File exchanges: places for mods, maps and other stuff related to the game.
      Flex pieces (FLEX pieces): combination of override networks and puzzle pieces. Since NAM 34, it used heavily.
      FTL: Flex Turn Lanes (stylized as FLEX Turn Lanes), replacement of TuLEPs. Part of NAM since NAM 36.
      FLUPs: flexible underpasses, made using ramp and special pieces. Part of NAM.
      Growable: lot that grow automatically in the right zones when the affected factors is fulfilled.
      GA: GrampaAl, a BSC founder.
      GC: Gascooker. Part of BSC.
      GLR:
      New networks based on elevated rail network. A mod added them. Part of NAM. HKABT: Hong Kong/Asia BAT Team.
      HSRP: High Speed Rail Project, adds new networks based on monorail network. Part of NAM.
      ITC: International Team of Creators, a team founded by Yoshi (Ian), Travis and CasperVg.
      JENX: Xannepan.
      JRJ: Jeronij, a short-time modder and webmaster at SC4Devotion.
      LEX: Lot Exchange, a file exchange part of SC4Devotion.com.
      Lot: the base upon which structures and many other objects in the game are built on.
      Lot Editor: official tool made by Maxis to modify lots.
      LBT: Latin American BAT Team.
      Mega prop: huge bundles of props often split in volumes.
      MJB: Couchpotato. Part of BSC.
      MML: menu management lot, shows specified menus when placed.
      MRC: multi-radius curve.
      NAM: Network Addon Mod, adds tons of new networks and fixes to traffic simulator.
      NDEX: N74704, DuskTrooper and Equinox, a group of BATters.
      NHP: New Horizon Productions.
      NWM: Network Widening Mod, adds larger version of road network. Part of NAM.
      Override networks: emulated networks based on game's existing networks. Used in the NAM extensively.
      OWW: Old Wooden Waterfront, a set of wooden waterfront made by PEG.
      PEG: Pegasus, a famous modder.
      Prop: anything to improve detail, aesthetic and realism of a lot including trash can, flower pot and more.
      Ploppable: lot that can be placed directly without zoning.
      Puzzle pieces: ploppable yet functional transit network pieces. They can't be modified and not draggable. Used extensively in the old version of NAM.
      RCI: residential (green zone), commercial (blue zone) and industrial (yellow zone).
      PLEX: Pegasus Lot Exchange, a file exchange part of Simpeg.com (now defunct).
      QC: QuickChange, pre-made intersection stubs. Part of RHW.
      RHW:
      RealHighway, a set of highways that mimicks real-world highways. A mod added them. Part of NAM. RRW: RealRailway, realistic railway mod. Part of NAM.
      RLS: Real Life Syndrome, BATs from SimGoober.
      RTMT: Road Top Mass Transit, adds mass transit on the top of the road.
      SAM: Street Addon Mod, adds custom streets. Part of NAM.
      SC4: SimCity 4.
      SC4D:
      SimCity 4 Devotion. SimCity 4 Deluxe (although rare). SFBT: SimForum BAT Team, a German BAT team.
      SITAP: (OWR) Signalization and Turn Arrow Project. Part of NAM since NAM 34.
      SG: SimGoober. Part of BSC.
      SMP: Simtropia Productions Team.
      SNM: SimNation Military, a pack of mods for military.
      ST: Simtropolis.
      STEX: Simtropolis Exchange, a file exchange part of Simtropolis.com.
      STR: single-track rail. Part of NAM.
      TE: transit enabled (lot), which have "network pieces" inside the lot. Often used in stations.
      Terraforming: process of land modification (not usage).
      TLA: turning lane avenue. Part of NWM.
      TuLEP: Turning Lane Extension Pieces. Part of NAM.
      TSC: ToutSimCities, a French community.
      UDI: U-Drive-It, a feature for riding automata.
      W2W: wall-to-wall.
      WFK: waterfront kit.
      WRC: wide radius curve.
      I hope this helps you. Suggestions & critics are welcome. Thanks.