dabadon5

NAM-RHW FLEXFly Issues

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ok So I finally decided to try out the RHW mod for once after all these years lol. I downloaded NAM again. As I go through the menu I notice that the FlexFly section is completely empty and was wondering what went wrong there ? So Just a background, I already have installed NAM, mostly for the Maxis Updates. But after getting bored with the Maxis stuff (I have been playing the game since it came out) I decided to re-download it to gain the RHW mod and all that stuff. Everything else seems to be there except that one section along with the transportation view mod it comes with? What Can i do to get these features into my game ?

I also went back to Install section and went to the Custom install area, and just about everything I would need is checked to be installed. Although when i installed it I used the Complete install function. Not sure if that left anything out. Anyways thanks for the help in Advance.

P.S. This was the city I was working on but decided to redo to focus on the freeway system. So any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks !

58caed3ae0114_SaintFrancis-Oct.11491489670903.png.b17f68d9e3361fe5bbbdd78b65fe57b5.png

I'm fairly sure if you did a complete install, it would include those. When you say that the section is empty, what do you mean exactly? I guess you can see the flexfly icon in the highway menu?

• Original Poster
  • 9 minutes ago, MissVanleider said:

I'm fairly sure if you did a complete install, it would include those. When you say that the section is empty, what do you mean exactly? I guess you can see the flexfly icon in the highway menu?

Yes I can see the icon, however there is nothing in it.  To clear things up again, I already had NAM installed, I just re-downloaded it again for the RHW mod. Maybe something happened ? Perhaps I should just uninstall the thing all together and then  re-download it ?

30 minutes ago, dabadon5 said:

Yes I can see the icon, however there is nothing in it.  To clear things up again, I already had NAM installed, I just re-downloaded it again for the RHW mod. Maybe something happened ? Perhaps I should just uninstall the thing all together and then  re-download it ?

If anything had gone wrong, it will be during installation. It's a myth that files get corrupted when downloading them, this practically never happens. Sure it's technically possible, but just really, really unlikely. Thus re-downloading the NAM again and again isn't going to change anything. If you have the correct latest version (35) downloaded, you do not need another copy.

Did you have a previous version of NAM installed? Was it a really old version? I'm noticing a lot of issues when users update from an old version. The simplest solution is to completely uninstall the NAM. Make sure no NAM files/components are left in your plugins folder. Then install again from scratch.

Note that under normal circumstances, you don't need to uninstall the NAM to upgrade or change the parts of it you install. As per this PSA:

• Original Poster
  • 5 hours ago, rsc204 said:

If anything had gone wrong, it will be during installation. It's a myth that files get corrupted when downloading them, this practically never happens. Sure it's technically possible, but just really, really unlikely. Thus re-downloading the NAM again and again isn't going to change anything. If you have the correct latest version (35) downloaded, you do not need another copy.

Did you have a previous version of NAM installed? Was it a really old version? I'm noticing a lot of issues when users update from an old version. The simplest solution is to completely uninstall the NAM. Make sure no NAM files/components are left in your plugins folder. Then install again from scratch.

Note that under normal circumstances, you don't need to uninstall the NAM to upgrade or change the parts of it you install. As per this PSA:

Im sure I had an up to date version of it. I had those options before a while back. But a long time ago i deleted some stuff like RHW that i really didnt use. Ill check that thread and see if I find anything that will help.

Maybe I'm getting off the topic. But thinking that this is right place for my woes... here we go.

For some reason, the highway roundpoints (a non-word) don't show up in my highway and other related places. Thus I'm stuck with this kind of problem. No matter how many user's manuals, tutorials or "how to" I have searched, I haven't an answer. I wish to find WHERE the pertinent file is, rather than WHAT to do to fix it. This is because I'm stuck with highway ramps, connections and transformations. Thanks in advance.

Ugly Ramps.bmp

• Original Poster
  • Good news. It works now, just had to uninstall NAM then Re-install it. Funny, Because when I downloaded it 2 days ago it did not run the cleanitol program. This time it did however. Now I have all the features i believe, ill do a more thorough check later. 

22 minutes ago, huzman said:

For some reason, the highway roundpoints (a non-word) don't show up in my highway and other related places.

If you install the Maxis Highway Override, those ramps are no longer supported. Hence you will not be able to find them any more. Existing ones still appear because the content is in the base game, but they will never look right as replacements simply don't exist for MHO. So either uninstall the MHO by running the NAM installer or replace the ramps with MHO/MIS (RHW) based alternatives.

Well I use the term alternatives loosely, there are no equivalent ramps for MHO, i.e. "plop and done".

The MHO ramps are designed to be used along with the MIS or Modular Interchange System, a feature of the RHW mod. So you use the MHO Ramps from their dedicated menu, then connect those with MIS to make an intersection.