39 posts in this topic Last Reply

All right, two different award ceremonies? I simply assumed 2015/16 would be bleneded into one award show.

Also, two quick things:

1. Your " Submit Trixie Nominations Here!" link sends me to an error page, code 2F176/1. EDIT: FIXED! :D

2. What is the date that nominations close?

• Original Poster
  • 26 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

1. Your " Submit Trixie Nominations Here!" link sends me to an error page, code 2F176/1

This should be all sorted out and it is now ready for everyone to start submitting nominations :D 

27 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

Was just finalising that as the post was going live, they will close April 3rd. Should give everyone plenty of time :party: 

1 hour ago, Haljackey said:

All right, two different award ceremonies? I simply assumed 2015/16 would be bleneded into one award show.

They will be announced at the same time, maybe even in the same thread (whatever is more accessible).

However, there will be separate awards for both 2015 and 2016.

E.g.

BAT of the Year 2015
    BAT of the Year 2016

Etc.

code 2F176/1

That would mean a llama got locked in the server room, so the forum went into self-preservation mode. :ninja:

It's now been carefully moved to safety, and all should now be in working order!

Yes, April 3rd is the closure date, so 21 days from now.

So everyone knows to the minute second, a countdown timer will also be added shortly... :ohyes:

EDIT: Done!

It's here! :rofl:

I have a quick question. For a category such as Modd of the Year, how should I go about nominating members if it's a project that clearly has multiple contributors? Do I just create a topic for Modd of the Year with each individual member?

• Original Poster
  • 47 minutes ago, kingofsimcity said:

For a category such as Modd of the Year, how should I go about nominating members if it's a project that clearly has multiple contributors? Do I just create a topic for Modd of the Year with each individual member?

Either nominate the team, or nominate a member and write in the description that it's for the entire team. We'll work with teams to make sure an awards resulting from nominations go to all members.

I'll be at a conference all next week. I plan to use some of the down time to browse the previous content and nominate. :ninja:

• Original Poster
  • 6 hours ago, Easy Bakes said:

Some one should Nominate Annoymoose

I'm sure Trixie would want to honour him in some way. That llama was always very fond of him. 

Just a few things to clarify about the nomination process (also added to the OP):

• Multiple or single threads for nominations?
      Posting each nomination in its own thread is preferred, as this helps with the processing.
      Really though, it's up to you. If posting in a single thread is easier for you to manage or edit, that's perfectly fine. At the end of nominations, the Llama Crew will attempt to count anything inside the forum.

• For both years, how many nominations per user?
      In each year, you may nominate any individual member up to 3 times.
      So this means for both 2015 & 2016 combined, you could nominate someone up to 6 times.

• Who can I nominate?
      Any Simtropolis user (member or staff) can be nominated for any award. The processing will determine whether a given user is eligible.

• How many custom "Ad Hoc" awards may I nominate?
      As many as you'd like!
      Feel free to be creative with the title & description if a default award isn't suitable for what you have in mind.

• Is there a limit to how many nominations I can submit?
      Yes, the sky. :8)

Anything else we'll be happy to answer...

• Original Poster
  • On 3/27/2017 at 5:17 AM, Cyclone Boom said:

I'm pleased to report the total nominations have now reached the century mark...

14RDzzy.png

Thanks everyone and keep them coming! :thumb:

Wow, we have quickly passed that mark! Keep it up guys :8)

• Original Poster
  • Looks like we've just passed 300 nominations!

There's just over a day left to submit your nominations,  so if your still waiting,  now is the best time to nominate :thumb:

*PHEW*, it's been a busy few weeks of RL here for me... but I just managed to get my nominations in today.

To all those yet to make a nomination, please consider a little of your time to acknowledge those who make the community what it is. Not long left.

I hope I'll manage to squeeze my nominations in when I'm back from work. :boggle:

EDIT: Ok, that's 13 down, approximately another time as many to go... I wonder if we'll make it far beyond 400? Do you guys & gals think 450 will be reached?

Nominations Extended!

OK, as you may have noticed, due to a surge of recent nominations, we've decided to extend the deadline another 48 hours. So if you were planning on submitting any last night and ran out of time, here's a bit more leeway to do so.

This means nominations will now close at 22:00 EDT tomorrow (Wednesday). :8)

(The absolute final, final deadline)

56 minutes ago, Cyclone Boom said:

Nominations Extended!

OK, as you may have noticed, due to a surge of recent nominations, we've decided to extend the deadline another 48 hours. So if you were planning on submitting any last night and ran out of time, here's a bit more leeway to do so.

This means nominations will now close at 22:00 EDT tomorrow (Wednesday). :8)

Cool, definitely a good idea. Btw I've added few more nom's in the placeholder threads I had set up before so please check my page for updated threads if you haven't yet :) 

22 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

Well, I'm exhausted now. Got 26 nominations out - still not half of what I think would deserve a Trixie, but it's the best I managed. :dead:

Agreed, it's exhausting! But much deserved as well. The good thing about putting in a large amount of nominations is that it really forces you to take a look at a wider range of work because of the nomination limit per person(3). But the biggest problem is that we're dealing with is two-years worth of trixies. Though I get the feeling that 2015 will be probably under represented.

I know I argued in favor of it and of course it's too late to change it this time around but I think there needs to be some trimming in future years. One-hundred-and-one trixie's is a bit much imo *:lol: The good thing is I think there is perfect way of pruning out which trixie's categories might be not be needed. Currently we have 437 nomination for a total of 202 trixie's(over two years) which equates to just over 2 nom's per trixie. However some categories are going to have a lot of nominations, such as the best BAT & BATer, best LOT & LOTer, and many of the CJ categories. While others will have very few, possibly even none and that will tell us exactly which trixie's to trim out.

42 minutes ago, Takingyouthere said:

Btw I added about a half dozen more in the placeholder threads I had set up before(might have a couple more today) so please check my page for updated threads if you haven't yet

Think I've got them all. :yes:

They're being counted per thread, and then adding those with multiple nominations inside (I added a special tag on these to find them easily). So as long as it's posted inside, it'll be included in the total. We may see the final count amended slightly once everything is validated, although the current figure should be fairly accurate.

42 minutes ago, Takingyouthere said:

I think there needs to be some trimming in future years.

Since this Trixies is very much a learning experience (especially with the awards list), there's certainly room to tweak the format going forward. Much like the first series of a TV programme, there are mistakes to learn from and refinements possible. For the awards themselves, yes, it's possible that far from all will receive any nominations, and then clusters for the more general awards. I guess a lot here depends on the types of content for each year. As we are dealing with both years, the broader list hopefully has provided greater choice.

But for sure, I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. There may yet be a few surprises... ;)