Fantozzi

[Development] The Day Major Fantozzi went Farming

277 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • @T Wrecks Sorry, my answer yesterday was maybe inappropriate. I didn't try it for real - my thought was that on the borders of the field the animations may extend the tile and the cows will walk around on the streets around the fields. Imagine this I dropped the idear to use animations. But - and this caused my answer - I didn't try it for real and there is no serious argument to not to try it.

But I urgently need a break from this cow thing. I'll do some farms and return later on the cow topic (which doesn't mean in any way idears aren't welcome anymore). 

[EDIT]

So here's another animal, yesterday, watching TV, got this idear:

trout farm:

fishfarm.jpg

• Original Poster
  • 18 hours ago, matias93 said:

Well, that's a bit frightening, but i guess it goes to the point of super massive agro development

In Chapter 'Farming in CAM' in the manual for the Colossus Addon Mod InvisiChem writes:

"Stage 9 and 10 Farms
    This should be the futuristic and fantasy farms. Huge greenhouses, High Rise grain silos, etc. Imagination is the only limit to what is possible. Fields should be completely done away with at this point. Development will not begin until the industrial regional population reaches (9) 309,682 and (10) 694,592. These lots are CAPPED by all Stage CAPS."

Goldenberg Tobaccos and the Gorgonzola Sisters (you should imagine the Gorgonzola Sisters as a blend of 'The Waltons' and '2 Broke Girls' and the lot is conglomerated, maybe skew-whiff on purpose):

GoldenbergGorgonzola.jpg

Looking great! The Gorgonzola lot might be a little crowded on the anchor, but the blend of elements seems good.

Crops do look very nice on my screen, not too glaring at all.

I am curious about the molecular hydrogen production facility - is there a particular prototype you are following?

I did a little bit of searching and found this neat little setup - it may simply be powering the genset, however.

Wind-Driven-Hydrogen-Production-Plant.jp

• Original Poster
  • 3 hours ago, matias93 said:

and have I praised the crops already?

Blofeld Barn - crops are Cycledogg (seasonal wheat),  Vanderbeek Brewery - girafe wheat.

2 hours ago, CT14 said:

I am curious about the molecular hydrogen production facility - is there a particular prototype you are following?

I once read a SF-novel by Harry Harrison 'Soylent Green'  but it's a badly written book. There was a film with Charlton Heston after this novel that, in my opinion, is far better than the book.  The atmosphere of this film is my inspiriation for level 9 and 10, they will be kind of SF. The name, well, it's like 'hyper field generator'. Just to imagine something very advanced ...

Also on stage 9 and 10 there will be only 2 or 3 different 'farms' ... facilities - so they all will look quite the same. Farm zones may look like desserts made of steel and concrete. They will be very different from the other 8 stages. Those SF-facilities won't appear before.

I spent much time on level 3 (highest maxis level) and I will spend some time again on level 5 (highest SPAM level) with greater diversity. Level 4 will be different with almost 1:1  of 'fields only lots' and farm lots. Then again level 6, I think level 6 will be mainly dedicated to timber industry. InvisiCVhem, in his CAM manual, gave me some inspirations.

7 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

I spent much time on level 3 (highest maxis level) and I will spend some time again on level 5 (highest SPAM level) with greater diversity.

That is awesome . I use SPAM , so levels 3 - 5 will be in a higher demand . And some as field only sounds great too .

• Original Poster
  • I narrowed the field tracks as @rivit suggested. Please keep in mind they are only some cosmetic pieces not to setup a network but to make divisors between fields. I tried to use some mmps on them.

Now - in which menu I should put them? Actually I have them in the water menu but this gives the water view when using them. I don't like them in the park menu as the park menu is already so crowded. And they don't really belong in the network menues.

Any suggestion?

fieldtracks2.jpg

• Original Poster
  • On 21.4.2017 at 7:03 AM, CT14 said:

I like it, maybe just a bit more variation in the rows, like blank spots?

I didn't try it yet, but I think you could do something similar like I have in mind with the field tracks - but on those industrial farms you could use Bipins grunge road instead, contained here:

And put some grunge road in between the vertical farm towers.

Farmfields - to my knowledge - are always 1 job on one tile - so on cam stage 10 it even doesn't make much sense to have large fields as the population/job densitiy is much higher than farm fields provide. That's, I think, why InvisiChem suggested on this level the lot should cover most of the zone.

1 hour ago, Fantozzi said:

Now - in which menu I should put them?

What about the energy menu? Isn't coherent at all, but that one is normally empty and I think it hasn't an special view.

In any case, if the set is too big (i.e. more than 15 ploppable pieces) it would be advisable to make a DAMN menu to download, and an MML.

@Fantozzi Dang! I was working on something similar but model based so that it would include diagonals for perfect fit and with custom made shrubs and trees...oh well. Great set!

I would create an MML like I did for my pipe set and drop it in the landmark menu but put the pieces in the park menu. They will only appear when you drop the MML.

Simmer2

4 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Farm fields - to my knowledge - are always 1 job on one tile - so on cam stage 10 it even doesn't make much sense to have large fields as the population/job densitiy is much higher than farm fields provide. That's, I think, why InvisiChem suggested on this level the lot should cover most of the zone.

Farm fields can have as many workers per tile as you desire but typically have 1-4.

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Simmer2 said:

@Fantozzi Dang! I was working on something similar but model based so that it would include diagonals for perfect fit and with custom made shrubs and trees...oh well. Great set!

Not shure if you can still plopp mmps over it, if you're doing it as models?

1 hour ago, matias93 said:

Oh, and about the pieces, maybe you can take some inspiration from the SFBT park sets for the paths, they are very simple but much smoother than the traditional 90° turn.

Using 2-tile pieces in between the farm fields and then again 1-tile pieces will make the farm field look verry tattered, I think. The track itself may  look smoother but the edges of the lot still will be an edge and not smoothen the same. Those curves, in between the farm fields - like shown in the picture - don't really make sense. They may be used more like corner pieces around the field. Making a complex network is far beyond my scope

• Original Poster
  • 46 minutes ago, OcramsRzr said:

Farm fields can have as many workers per tile as you desire but typically have 1-4.

Well, I didn't care much about this - as to me it doesn't feel very realistic to have the fields crowded with workers. So - what would you suggest for the higher CAM levels - the vertical farms f.e. - should there be more workers per tile then?

2 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Well, I didn't care much about this - as to me it doesn't feel very realistic to have the fields crowded with workers. So - what would you suggest for the higher CAM levels - the vertical farms f.e. - should there be more workers per tile then?

If you're going for high tech farms with very few actual differences at that level you may want to have fewer jobs but they would be much higher paying jobs.  Farms of this level of advancement would most certainly have engineers, technicians, biologists, chemical biologists, botanists, and possibly even veterinarians and vet techs as opposed to typical laborers.  Many more advanced farms currently have these professionals on their payrolls already.  They also use more machines and less intensive labor but there are skilled technicians who run and maintain the machines and computers.

I love what you've done so far and where you're going with all this!  It also seems as though there are a lot of helpful people in the community who are eager to see this through with you and I think that is just awesome!  I love how @Simmer2 is just itching to build some cool stuff for your farming visions.  You're definitely giving the whole farming aspect of the game a lot of well deserved and long overdue love.

Your visions garnered from Harry Harrison are great and I had to smile when you said that because I see it too.  Keeping in mind though that "Soylent Green" was a movie loosely based on Harrison's book "More room, more room!" and they were, in essence, two completely different stories, the concept of a dark and gnarly but technologically advanced future were the middle ground for both and you definitely grabbed that concept with your Hydro-Molecular Plant.  It's still farming, just in a futuristic and less natural way.  I've always been rather fond of the idea of futuristic farming being similar to the Douglas Trumbull movie, "Silent Running" starring Bruce Dern with it's geodesic domes keeping the botanicals going strong, even in deep space.  They could be a bright spot here on a rather dark and dismal futuristic Earth too.

I really like the narrowed paths a lot.  Good idea there!  Veldenbeek Brewery is top notch and I think everyone will want that somewhere in their cities.  I'm very happy that you have taken this on and I'm eager to see more!  :thumb:

• Original Poster
  • @MeMyself&I - thank you for the kind words. I already forgot how I got into this mess. I think it was because CAM farming itself seemed not well organized to me - to cover all grow stages with downloads in a balanced way (to have diversity on all levels and to have some kind of development through the different stages). Instead of searching and collecting for a month all around the net, I'll do it myself, I thought, that's quicker. How naive.

I've completed level 1-4 this weekend. So far there are 51 different farms (including fields only lots).

On level 5 I started with some slaugtherhouse:

Miyazaki & Lector:

Miyazaki&Lector.jpg

(after taking the picture I redid the upper left corner and removed the small Simgoober shed. The pigs are JENXFAUNA and animated. Sometimes they escape their murders by beaming through the fence. So a life of a pig in SC4 is pretty kafkaesque. Standing there and waiting for the butcher or beaming through the fence into the free world ... just to be knocked down by a passing truck . That's the choice they have in the game until someone invents automata braking for them. Or some animal rights activist prop blocking the street).

• Original Poster
  • Now on to some toxines.

Sir Thomas Distillery.

It's pure romance that the first buildings of this distillery were founded by Thomas More. But true is - they have barrels in their secret basement stash from 1508.

SirThomasDistillery.jpg

Cabana Castro. They roll cigars there (Smoke? Yes, to speed up fermentation process the barns are heated).

cabanacastro.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By markussaage
        Old County Courthouse V3.0.0 (Reward) CAM 2.1 Version

Old Delaware County Courthouse by Mattb325

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

This is a Relot of my 2nd upload from April 2016 and still the second one in a series of Rewards based on BAT models made by other artists. This version is made for users using the CAM 2.1 MOD by InvisiChem.
        There is also an updated version of this lot available, if you’re using the Vanilla version of this game.

This upload (updated version 3.0.0 for CAM 2.1), a recreation of the Old Delaware County Courthouse made by Mattb325, is an old, medium sized Courthouse, that was made by its creator
        from historic photos and drawings of the Delaware County Courthouse that once stood in Muncie, Indiana.

This wonderful BAT comes on a new lot and features a custom icon and custom query window. I used the original seasonal trees here and the nightlight is also like the original BAT.
        You will find this lot in the Rewards menu right next to the In-Game Courthouse.

Why is it a Reward and only available onces?
        This Reward is made for players, who want to work and reach a goal in the game and finally get WHAT? A REWARD of course…
        You don’t like it? Well, than this download in NOT for you!

NOTE ABOUT THE DEPENDENCIES:
        This BAT is for you, if you like “realistic” looking and detailed buildings in your city. There are so many awesome creations like textures and other props made by the community out there, and I think, we should use them.
        You don’t like dependencies? Well, again, then unfortunately this download is NOT for you!

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
        I am sure the building was rendered for Maxis Nite, but it should work both with the original Maxis Nite and the Dark Nite Mods.

Stats (REWARD):

·         Lot size:                                   6x6

·         Plop cost:                                §60,000

·         Bulldoze cost:                         §6,000

·         Monthly cost:                          §600 (Government buildings department)

·         Pollution:                                 4 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 42 (Garbage )/ 0 (Radiation)

·         Pollution radii:                        6/6/0/0

·         Power consumed:                 42 MWh/month

·         Water consumed:                  168 cu m/month

·         Landmark effect:                   125 over 37 tiles

In order to get this (Reward), the following requirements need to be met (hard difficulties):

·         City population:                     115,000

·         Regional population:            215,000

·         Mayor rating:                         44

·         Courthouse:                           1

2 - USE

You need to extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should then create a folder MSRB\REWARDS\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s). I strongly suggest that you keep your plugins organized, this original download in a safe place and remove all pics and this description from your plugins. These are not needed for this BAT to work.

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:

1.      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download

2.      Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing

3.      Remove the associated files from your plugins folder

Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

There are a few dependencies for this Reward here, and you'll need the original upload of the BAT to see the building:

1.  Mattb325’s Old Delaware Courthouse (only the Mattb325_Muncie_Courthouse2-0x5ad0e817_0x3d4aa1f9_0x30000.SC4Model file is required): http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27989-old-delaware-county-courthouse/
        2.  Paeng‘s Textures Pack Vol. 1.04                                            http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22823-paeng-textures-vol104/
        3. KOSC SuperSHK_Mega Texture Pack                                     https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

4. shokthrpy’s SHK Parking Pack 1.2                                          http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27563-shk-parking-pack/

5. Mattb325’s BSCBatPropsMattb325 Vol. 02                          http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383

6. c.p.’s BSC Mega Prop Vol. 01                                                    http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

7. c.p.’s BSC Mega Prop Vol. 02                                                    http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

8. jestarr’s BSC MEGA Props - JES Vol02.dat                             http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=338

9. BSC’s BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol01                                   http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=426

10. VIP Girafe’s Narcissus                                                              http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2964

11. VIP Girafe’s Daisy                                                                     http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3251

12. Simfanatik’s FBI Suburban                                                      https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25635-fbi-suburban/

This version of the Courthouse is intended to use with the CAM 2.1 MOD by InvisiChem:

InvisiChem’s Colossus Addon MOD 2.1:                 https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30956-colossus-addon-mod/

Optional and recommended (but not required):

airman15’s Police Car/Van Conversion Mod:         http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30528-police-carvan-conversion-mod/

If you want to see the national flag on this lot, you’re also required to download and have this in your plugins folder

AmericanFlag.dat:                                                        https://community.simtropolis.com/sc4-maxis-files/

NOTE: If any of the above dependencies require additional dependencies, you’ll need to download and put them in your plugins folder as well.

You must be registered and logged in into the STEX and the BSC File Exchange LEX over at SC4Devotion in order to see the download buttons. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange at SC4Devotion.

4 - FINAL WORDS

Updated Version 3:
        This is a total new conversion intend to use with the Colossus Addon MOD 2.1 by InvisiChem. I adjusted the statistic values to work with this MOD. You’ll need the Rush Hour Expansion set fully patched to 1.1.640.0 or a Digital version patched to 1.1.641.0 to use this release. Enjoy!

Disclaimer:
        This lot was tested intensively without any problems, but if you have issues/problems with it, please feel free to PM me here! Please read this Readme carefully and make sure you have all dependencies installed properly.
        I am not responsible for any problems with your game using this BAT. Use at your own risk!

5 - CREDITS

Once again: Credits for the original BAT go to Sgt Pepper, credits for all the other dependencies go to the BSC-Team, Seraf, shokthrpy, KingOfSimcity, Girafe and Simfanatik! Thanks to T Wrecks for the inspiration how to create a good Readme-file! Without their creations I wouldn’t be able to create this Reward. Thanks a lot, guys! Happy New Year!

markussaage, December 31, 2017

• By markussaage
        New County Courthouse V3.0.0 (Reward) CAM 2.1 Version

Rapides Parish Courthouse by Sgt Pepper

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

This is a Re-lot of my very 1st upload from April 2016 and still the first one in a series of Rewards based on BAT models made by other artists. This version is made for users using the CAM 2.1 MOD by InvisiChem.
        There is also an updated version of this lot available, if you’re using the Vanilla version of this game.

This upload (updated version 3.0.0 for CAM 2.1), a recreation of the Rapides Parish Courthouse made by Sgt Pepper, is a modern, medium sized Courthouse, that was made to be a commercial building by its creator.

When I saw this building the very first time it looked like a Courthouse in the County I live in and I had the inspiration to bring it back to its original idea being a Courthouse and also a real Reward for the game.
        This BAT comes on a new lot and features a custom icon and custom query window. I used seasonal trees here, so it takes a while, before they appear on the lot. The nightlight is like the original BAT.
        You will find this lot in the Rewards menu right next to the In-Game Courthouse.

Why is it a Reward and only available onces?
        This Reward is made for players, who want to work and reach a goal in the game and finally get WHAT? A REWARD of course…
        You don’t like it? Well, than this download in NOT for you!

NOTE ABOUT THE DEPENDENCIES:
        This BAT is for you, if you like good looking and detailed buildings in your city. There are so many awesome creations like textures and other props made by the community out there, and I think, we should use them.
        You don’t like dependencies? Well, again, then unfortunately this download is NOT for you!

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
        I am sure the building was rendered for Maxis Nite, but it should work both with the original Maxis Nite and the Dark Nite Mods.

Stats (REWARD):

·         Lot size:                                  7x6

·         Plop cost:                                §102,000

·         Bulldoze cost:                         §10,200

·         Monthly cost:                         §1020 (Government buildings department)

·         Pollution:                                18 (Air)/ 3 (Water)/ 90 (Garbage )/ 0 (Radiation)

·         Pollution radii:                        7/6/0/0

·         Power consumed:                  90 MWh/month

·         Water consumed:                  340 cu m/month

·         Landmark effect:                   190 over 50 tiles

In order to get this (Reward), the following requirements need to be met (hard difficulties):

·         City population:                     155,000

·         Regional population:             310,000

·         Mayor rating:                         55

·         Courthouse:                           1

·         Parks in the city:                    310

2 - USE

You need to extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should then create a folder MSRB\REWARDS\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s). I strongly suggest that you keep your plugins organized, this original download in a safe place and remove all pics and this description from your plugins. These are not needed for this BAT to work.

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:

1.      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download

2.      Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing

3.      Remove the associated files from your plugins folder

Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

There are a few dependencies for this Reward here, and you'll need the original upload of the BAT to see the building:

1.  Sgt Pepper’s Rapides Parish Courthouse (only the Rapides Parish Court House-0x5ad0e817_0x576cb33a_0x410000.SC4Model file is required): http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27751-rapides-parish-courthouse/
        2.  Seraf’s City Hall Park Fountain (only the NYBT_CityHallParkFountainBySeraf-0x5ad0e817_0x5fd58e2d_0x30000.SC4Model file is required): http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29887-city-hall-park-fountain/
        3. KOSC SuperSHK_Mega Texture Pack                                       https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

4. shokthrpy’s SHK Parking Pack 1.2                                            http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27563-shk-parking-pack/
        5. BSC Textures Vol.01                                                                   http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90

6. BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V1                                               http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101

7. BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol01.dat                                             http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=396

8. BSC MEGA Props - JES Vol02.dat                                              http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=338

9. VIP Girafe’s Ashes                                                                       http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2854

10. VIP Girafe’s Beeches                                                                http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2995

11. VIP Girafe’s Chestnuts                                                             http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3049

12. VIP Girafe’s Elms                                                                       http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3347

13. VIP Girafe’s Lindens                                                                 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2869

14. VIP Girafe’s Maples                                                                  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2809

15. VIP Girafe’s Narcissus                                                              http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2964

16. VIP Girafe’s Urban Pack Vol.01                                               http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3192

17. Simfanatik’s 2012 Ford E-250 Vans (Hardware version)           http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27636-2012-ford-e-250-vans/

This version of the Courthouse is intended to use with the CAM 2.1 MOD by InvisiChem:

InvisiChem’s Colossus Addon MOD 2.1:                                        https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30956-colossus-addon-mod/

Optional and recommended (but not required):

airman15’s Police Car/Van Conversion Mod:                               http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30528-police-carvan-conversion-mod/

If you want to see the American flag on this lot, you’re also required to download and have this in your plugins folder:

AmericanFlag.dat:                                                                           https://community.simtropolis.com/sc4-maxis-files/

NOTE: If any of the above dependencies require additional dependencies, you’ll need to download and put them in your plugins folder as well.

You must be registered and logged in into the STEX and the BSC File Exchange LEX over at SC4Devotion in order to see the download buttons. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange at SC4Devotion.

4 - FINAL WORDS

Updated Version 3:
        This is a total new conversion intend to use with the Colossus Addon MOD 2.1 by InvisiChem. I adjusted the game relevant statistic values to work with this MOD. Enjoy!

Disclaimer:
        This lot was tested intensively without any problems, but if you have issues/problems with it, please feel free to PM me here! Please read this Readme carefully and make sure you have all dependencies installed properly.
        I am not responsible for any problems with your game using this BAT. Use at your own risk!

5 - CREDITS

Once again: Credits for the original BAT go to Sgt Pepper, credits for all the other dependencies go to the BSC-Team, Seraf, shokthrpy, KingOfSimcity, Girafe and Simfanatik! Thanks to T Wrecks for the inspiration how to create a good Readme-file! Without their creations I wouldn’t be able to create this Reward. Thanks a lot, guys! Happy New Year!

markussaage, December 30, 2017

README!!! MSRB New County Courthouse V3.0.0 (CAM Version).pdf
      • By Fantozzi
        Mod content:
        134 growable CAM-patible farm lots, each one individually designed, ranging from tiny romantic (stage 1) to dystopian agricultural scifi (stage 10).
        45 new or completely reworked field lots with crops like canola, cabbage, bamboo, potatoes, strawberries, artichokes, animated lifestock or elements like grow tunnels, greenhouses, vertical farms.
        250 new props/bats.
        70 new textures
        6 ploppable functional lots
        13 cosmetic puzzle pieces to add fences and farm tracks to the fields.
        Mod's purpose:
        Collecting some of the best farming stuff, adding own stuff where needed and creating something with an overall concept from it. This means building up complete themes like winery, lumber industries, lifestock farming, grain production, including different elements of the productions chains (grain -> brewery, life stock -> slaughtery) - so for each city of your region there can be different main focus of agricultural production.
        Mod's challenge:
        This mod can be very demanding on computer/game performance and there may be actions to take about this. Also setup requires some patience as you have to make certain decissions and you have to select and sort content different according to this decissions. It's recommended to wait for a rainy afternoon to install this mod.
        It's essential to read chapter 1,2 and 3 of the included documentation.

Dependencies
        This mod requires at least 38 dependencies (depending on your choices more). This is no put and play - you need to follow installation instructions of the documentation). Do this step by step.
        For easier management the dependencies are broken down into five sections. For performance reasons it's recommended to datpack some of the sections containing smaller files into a single bigger one after you are done and everything works.

Section 1 (Megapacks)
        BSC Textures Vol 01.dat
        BSC_TexturePack_Cycledogg_V 01.dat
        SPAM_Super_Resource_Pack
        BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat
        BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat
        BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
        BSC MEGA Props - NewmanInc Vol01.dat
        BSC MEGA Props - NewmanInc Vol02.dat
        fz_AudioEssentials_1_3.dat

Section 2 (JMyer's Stuff)
        BSC Mega Props - JMyersAgriculture01.dat
        BSC Mega props JMyers Agriculture 02.dat
        JMyers Hydrophonics
        JMyers Dairy Farms
        JMyers Corn Crops Vol.2

Section 3 (French stuff)
        Nams BAT PROPS PACK Vol 02.dat
        Nams BAT PROPS PACK Vol 03.dat
        Nams PROPS PACK Vol 1.dat
        Nams PROPS PACK Vol 2.dat
        Girafe Vines
        Girafe Wheat
        Manchou_Houses_AG.dat
        VIP_RuralPack
        VIP RuralPack Expansion1
        VIP Agri Pack

Section 4 (Working Man Production)
        wmp_docklands3_props1.dat
        wmp_spam_freight_props2.dat
        wmp_garden_props.dat
        wmp_garden_props02.dat

Section 5 (the assorted section)
        Nexis_GreenhouseSet.dat
        Wieśpak by fordoniak
        RFR Maize Set
        Jenxfauna_cows
        Jenxfauna_sheeps
        Jenxfauna_pigs
        Sunflower (Shadows) by HunD88
        SFBT Weinberge
        Cycledoggs Organ Works
        Cycledoggs Hankie Mill

Optional Stuff
        Colossus Addon Mod 2.1.0 (the CAM - strongly recommended)
        A maxis farm blocker or a maxis farms replacement mod compatible with CAM or SPAM (recommended)
        Simmer2 Stone walls
        VIP Les Murets d'Aubrac
        CP Seasonal woods

Special thanks to rsc204 and T Wrecks for the technical assistence. Many thanks to T Wrecks, OcramsRzr, rivit, matias93 and nos.17 for the creative and fruitfull ideas.
        Thanks to nos.17 and markussaage for reviewing the documentation.

This mod is dedicated to the developers of the Colossus Addon Mod, RippleJet and IvisiChem.

Feel free to post screenshots, discoveries, your personal favorites, critics and questions (not covered by the documentation) in the development thread.

Happy farming.

EDIT - on 12.20.2017:
        The link on the dependency wmp_spam_freight_props2.dat was wrong and corrected today. For all player that used the dependency links before 12.20.2017 please replace wmp_spam_freight_props.dat (wrong) with wmp_spam-freight_props2 (right) or add it. Thanks to @buckbeach47 for reporting.
      • By brianc1327
        In my "Fairview" region:
        I decided to try putting up a "farm region".  I will probably blow it up and put in a HT industrial, commercial, or residential district like all the others that I have been building.
        I really do not much like making "farm regions," mainly because I used to have sc4 classic (I looked, and for the past 2 years-almost exactly-I have had sc4 deluxe), and in that (classic) farms could not be taxed.  Also most farms had to have a water treatment plant attached to them because of the water pollution they produce, and the ones that come with the game are huge and take up much of the space of the farm in the first place.
        These 2 problems are solved to some extent with sc4 deluxe where farms can be taxed and mods like the MCP Water and air treatment plant which treat more water and have a much smaller footprint than the in-game treatment plant, but I still don't really like building "farm regions," and will probably blow it up and remake it as either a HT industrial, commercial, or residential like I said.
        The "farm district" that I made is one of the districts in the Fairview region that has the river running through it, and I would guess that about 1/4 of it is water, with the other 3/4 being zonable land.  For my test "farm district" I think I made about 1/2 of it into farms, and about 1/4 of it as low density residential, and of course the other 1/4 is water (perhaps I will look into trying to get some screen shots and put them up as well in the near future).
        When I looked at the number of residents vs the number of farm workers, there were 1400 residents, but only 300 farm workers, and I wondered where the other 1100 people were going, but I figured that perhaps 1 or 2 from each household were going to work on the farm, and the other residents were the spouse, children, whatever of the farm worker.
        I also did some examining of the region using the traffic data view and the transportation query tool, and the only farm it showed people commuting to was the farm that was immediately next to the residential area.  I thought perhaps the "parking lot" for the farms was on that first farm, but the transportation query tool only showed enough commuters for the immediate farm (about 20 or so, I think) and not all the farm workers (300).
        Brian Christiansen
      • By CorinaMarie
        This is prolly just a rediscovery as I'm sure other peeps already know it. For this little experiment I emptied my Plugins folder and I'm playing in 641 vanilla.
        Let's look at a typical starting farm community in a new region:

Then I bulldozed the dirt farm while leaving the farm building in place. I extended the street so it touched a new ungrown Ag zone of the same farm ground and let it grow:

Continuing this procedure of bulldozing and extending the street:

And finally stopping with this:

You'll notice the city's income went from $50 per month to $251 and the number of workers remained unchanged. Just something I find interesting.