Ronyx69

Ronyx: WIP Daihatsu Hijet

611 posts in this topic Last Reply

Fantastic. This was something I was hoping for, along with a similarly broken old graying wooden fence. You know the kind, with every few fence boards barely hanging on or fallen off.

• Original Poster
  • So frustrating...

Oef2xyI.jpg

I'm trying to finish the jp warehouses I started a while ago,
    this is one of them, both walls on the sides (but not the front/back) look like they are in the shadow on the lod.
    The third one has the same problem but only on one side.

I tried resetting smoothing and normals, editing the normals manually, importing a flat normal map, nothing changes.

I can't figure out why this happens, it's very noticeable because a sunlit wall suddenly turns dark on the lod.

Um... maybe the mesh is mirrored in one direction (y probably)? This problem applied partly to the vanilla terminal building I'm modifying - after mirroring the UV in some direction the problem was solved :)

I just finished my sewage treatment plant and your Japanese warehouses fit perfectly for a little corner I didn't know what to do with. Excellent work as always. 

On 2017-3-27 at 6:20 PM, Ronyx69 said:

This is how to run it for vehicles, yes. 

However I would expect it to ruin a vehicle, because the vehicle shader contains the functionality for vehicle lights and spinning wheels.

The answer is...

The answer is most likely submeshes - VehicleInfo, just like BuildingInfo, contains m_subMeshes, which are additional meshes which have their own textures and can have a different shader. I know for a fact this is used for the poopflow of the vanilla sewer outflow.

I have not tried it yet because I was too excited to get out the apple store as quickly as possible, so I used sub-buildings instead.

More research needs to be done, but my best bet is just importing the "wannabe-submesh" as a prop and save it. Then import the vehicle as normal and copy the mesh and material from the prop into the vehicleinfo as a submesh using modtools. Only hope is that the asset editor actually saves the submeshes. 

EDIT:

It spins... probably because it's meant to be a rotor or something, idk how to make it not spin. I put the glass cube on the bus as a submesh:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Only hope is that the asset editor actually saves the submeshes. "

- how did you end up getting the new submesh to save? I'm trying to override a submesh but it just doesn't work - gives me an error. Did you do anything else aside from what's mentioned above? I copied the mesh and textures across but they just wouldn't save

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Bad Peanut said:

"Only hope is that the asset editor actually saves the submeshes. "

- how did you end up getting the new submesh to save? I'm trying to override a submesh but it just doesn't work - gives me an error. Did you do anything else aside from what's mentioned above? I copied the mesh and textures across but they just wouldn't save

Just did some tests and copying the submeshes from a bus to a sedan works and saves, changing the texture and shader saves as well.

Changing the mesh doesn't save though... no idea why and how to fix it.