Angry Mozart

Modern Freight Cars Props

170 posts in this topic Last Reply

2 hours ago, rsc204 said:

As a creator myself, I know times are hard, hence download numbers may seem low.

OFF TOPIC.

When I was a child I painted with water colors. I showed it to my mother and she said: "how beautiful, you painted our family, in front of our house with a tree."  Then my brother came and asked: "what is this?" And I said: "I painted our family." And my brother began to laugh. "Look at our dad, he has only two hairs on his head and mother, she has only one eye and the house is overall devious, all is askew."

Well, I think, by this time no internet was, I had only a single downloader, the other possible downloader was ignorant. In the times before the internet we were used to create things for people not for masses. And we never did care about masses, we were happy if the one we made it for, liked it. The carpenter made a stool for a purchaser, the fotographer made fotos not to put it online three seconds later but to show it a few people.

Tell another story. The first so called bestseller in the history of literature is "The sorrows of the young Werther" by Wolfgang Goethe. He wrote it when he was 24 years old it became immediatly a success all across europe and was translated in many different language. It had great influence - there were werther-clothing-styles, werther-coffee mugs, no jokes, al in 18. century. Goethe became quite old, 82 years and the book remained a great success all his life and he was know as the werther-author. But still, during his whole long life roundabout 20.000 copies of his book were printed. And roundabout 6000 of them were legal copies he got money for. Today you would call this a flop.

Wife and husband is a very small community, mother and child is a very small community, family is a small community, a football team is a medium community. Does size matter on community? Aren't the strongest always the smalest?

It's silly to think about relationship like something you can increase like money by collecting it. Put a million matches together you still don't get a tree. But you get a million matches from one tree. And strong relations grow and can't be collected.

At the end - you would do it again. You would do your best piece of art not for the biggest audience but for the smallest of all - for the one person that is closest to you.

And if we were in two here to discuss and download - this doesn't mean it had to be a lousy community, still it could be the strongest in the world. Don't you think?

Not a big train guy myself but I also cannot wait to see these released! I also cannot wait to see what lotters do with these props, maybe a new modular railyard set? Heck I might even use them in a lot myself. You've done a great job, congratulations!

• Original Poster
  • On 11/10/2017 at 1:04 AM, Angry Mozart said:

I think  this pack is ready, if anyone still cares about it.

Maybe I just exagerated with this one, but, in fact, I stopped caring about it at some point. I thought I'll never finish it

But now, after one year and almost four months of hard working, I can see it finally released.

You can find it now on the STEX.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed in its develpoment. I'm planning to update it in the near future, and will post here some new things, but, for now, I will focus on some other projects I'm working on. 

Again, a BIG thank you to everyone who helped me in it's development. Thanks for making it possible.

242 mb - while downloading enough time to post here another essay.

Just kidding. Only thing to say:

Thank you so much. You made my old lotters heart tremble like a nest full of biddies.

1 hour ago, Daniel Duarte Silveira said:

Caro amigo, baixei seu pacote de vagões e instalo no jogo, só que não abre nada, o que faço para poder usar os vagões? o que estou fazendo de errado? desde já obrigado.

May be some English for all ???

1 hour ago, Daniel Duarte Silveira said:

Caro amigo, baixei seu pacote de vagões e instalo no jogo, só que não abre nada, o que faço para poder usar os vagões? o que estou fazendo de errado? desde já obrigado.

He said he downloaded the freight cars pack but can't see them in game, well I don't speak portuguese but maybe Spanish could help.

No estás haciendo nada errado. Este paquete de vagones es una 'dependencia', son 'props', objetos que se usan para decorar los lotes que ves en el juego; no aparecen automáticamente sino que alguien tiene que ponerlos manualmente en un nuevo lote, sin embargo, son nuevos y nadie ha hecho aún un lote decorado con estos vagones, pronto debería haber lotes en los que podamos ver estos vagones en uso, hay que esperar. :yes:

Just the standard "it's a dependency pack so it doesn't appear automatically in game" disclaimer.

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, Daniel Duarte Silveira said:

Hello, I don't speak portuguese, but as a romance language speaker (spanish), I could understand what you're trying to say.

As @Edvarz says (thank you), you're not doing anything wrong, these are just a dependency package, so this means that you'll need to put them in a lot in order to see them. To this date, there are no lots that uses this prop pack, but you can do it with Maxis' Lot Editor, I hope this tutorial helps

If you don't speak english at all, the best I could do is to write some help in spanish.

I was wondering about articulated cars .... I've been planning a N scale port for years and know the well cars are eithier 3 or 5 together. You rarely see just 1. The other thing I was thinking about (I'm building a port in lot editor) are trailers for the containers. The only ones are JES, and they are not correctly scaled for your containers. The containers btw are awesome, the coloring is perfect, and they look excellent in both a double stack well car and in container yard stacks. Now for me,, its back to the railyard I'm making. 12 tracks 51 tiles long. :boggle:

• Original Poster
  • 32 minutes ago, redfox85 said:

trailers for the containers

You mean something like this? 

trailers.png.f93f00ac1cb95ad2e3b894d46e2d40bf.png

I've worked on four trailers, based on a Cheetha gooseneck container chassis for 40 ft and 53 ft containers, but I decided to not put them in the pack, because I'm still working on them. By now I just have a black generic chassis for 40' containers and three chassis (BNSF, Pacer StackTrain, and generic black) for 53' containers.

@Angry Mozart No problem man, hey, have you ever thought about modeling automatas? It would be really cool to see 'El Chepe' (The Chihuahua-Pacífico train), or the 'Tequila Express' (Yeah, we have a touristic train called the 'Tequila Express' *:lol:) or maybe the Mexico City Suburban Train running around rail lines. Also, those containers look really good, I might have use for them later down the line. Keep up the good work!

• Original Poster
  • @redfox85 Haha, don't worry about your memory, these are not relased yet, and I'm still debating if I should release them as part of this pack, or in another pack with more trailers.

@Edvarz I haven't thought about it, as far as I know, they are more complex than a prop  as they're rendered in the game as a 3D model instead of the 2D rendering of a prop/building, but, anyway, It would be nice to see some mexican rolling stock, in fact, I was planning to model some old FNM's passenger cars props along with my hometown railway station, but haven't worked on it yet. It will be interesting to see them as automatas though.

I found a bug *:( . I was noticing the  90 degree 40 foot containers and the 40 foot well cars were not appearing at furthest out zoom and in region view. I took a peak into a couple of the exemplars and found the AppearenceZoomsFlag was set at 0x0000001E. I switched it to 0x0000001F and poof they appeared. There being 6009 exemplars I'm not sure how many are affected, but I do know all the 90 degree 40 foot containers and the 40 foot well car are affected.

18 hours ago, redfox85 said:

I took a peak into a couple of the exemplars and found the AppearenceZoomsFlag was set at 0x0000001E. I switched it to 0x0000001F and poof they appeared

That may not actually be a bug, since the reason this flag exists is because some models are so small, removing them from z1 makes sense and allows z1 in-game (where the most objects are visible) to work more efficiently. When objects are like a couple pixels in size, sometimes not having them makes no difference, especially when there could be a lot of such props hanging around together.