R3V0

REV0's - ALSTOM ETR610 "Pendolino" (Released)

428 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • 25 minutes ago, rovapasi1 said:

I was playing around with a ground station. There the ped paths connected from one plattform to another even they was above 0. But as you stated before this seems to be the case for your station as well, as long as there was only two modules.

EDIT: As far as I remember I never tried three. :-(

I also worked on ground station before, connecting two stations on the ground is not a problem. Connecting both on the above ground then reach to the ground level, then underground then connect with the train track seems not working on C:S

At least I'm happy that modules are now functional even if I have to remodel them. 

Regarding trams, maybe it's due to the tram tracks having sidewalks? If so, have you tried using the Tram Station Track that is available on the Workshop? 

Large stations always seem such a challenge to make with regards to tracks and paths, I'm always impressed by the dedication of people who create them. I hope you'll find a solution, this gigantic project is looking beyond fantastic so far!

• Original Poster
  • Update: I continued to work on ped connections and two things happened. 

1. Aside the path I created above, none of the underground paths I drew is working. There's one magical platform which is working properly and I couldn't figure it out why. So far:

i. Using move it

ii. Using low angled ramps 

iii. Anarchy on 

render platforms useless. So I worked on one single working platform. 

2. By using the platform above, I decided to add extra entrances on edges, by doing so central piece as an entrance gets disabled, so I suppose, the game assigns only 1 main entrance.

That said, here's the train - bus module: 

Bus module will have 3 segments, so In theory it's possible to add 6 stops per module.

3i9jL5l.png

kmvbWhO.png

QzhjBav.png

• Original Poster
  • Update:

i. Train - bus connection is working fine. I tried to eliminate visual glitches as much as I can, altough, when they are snapped next to each other, cims are crossing over train tracks. While it doesn't effect the functionality, it does look like annoying honestly. I could lower track base to a point that it will remain under the concrete surface; but only rails would be visible (so cims will cross a "crossable looking train track", like how tram connections in real life) Although, I had tried before and it becomes impossible to plot train stops when the tracks are lower than model itself, so it's not possible I'd say, at least not on the spot where train stop will be snapped.

So I'll count it as a sin and move on. Train - bus transition is working and it's both can be placed in any combination, it does no longer affect pathfinding. 

ii. I reworked on the entrances and right now, peds' behaviour, crossing modules will remain mostly invisible (except above) in terms aesthetics. 

iii. There was a terrain flickering between modules, I think i fixed it as well (at least I fixed it on bus module so I will apply the solution on other modules as well)

iv. I will finish the tram module, then check on MOM, I'm not sure how MOM will behave honeslty we'll see. 

• Original Poster
  • 1 minute ago, alborzka said:

So pretty :D

Any chance of making an ATOM-like monorail? Something super sleek and futuristic-looking?

Will be the next project. 

1. Firefly Altrans 

2. My own design

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, bsquiklehausen said:

@R3V0 - what values did you use for illumination? My monorail seems to stay dark at night.

Windows: 128 

Background: 62

@R3V0

How did you get the sides of the monorail to overlap the rail? I am also working on a Monorail asset and can't seem to get it to work like that. All it does is hover above the rail.

• Original Poster
  • 32 minutes ago, JSF-1 said:

@R3V0

How did you get the sides of the monorail to overlap the rail? I am also working on a Monorail asset and can't seem to get it to work like that. All it does is hover above the rail.

Center of mass / pivot. Set pivot to a point where the train will touch the rails, same work as trains where we set contact point as pivot

...can we have a version of the innovia monorail where all the grey is line colorable, rather than just the thin stripes on the front? I think it looks a bit dull with just grey.

12 hours ago, R3V0 said:

Now I need to find a speed limit remover mod. Monorail tracks are limited to 120km/h it's seems .

There is one for trains. Maybe this could be expanded.

On 20.5.2017 at 0:28 PM, R3V0 said:

Now I need to find a speed limit remover mod. Monorail tracks are limited to 120km/h it's seems .

Here is a link to the source code of the train track mod. Looks pretty foreward and should not be impossible to add the monorail.

https://pastebin.com/QvxKyyN1

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, rovapasi1 said:

Here is a link to the source code of the train track mod. Looks pretty foreward and should not be impossible to add the monorail.

https://pastebin.com/QvxKyyN1

Had a a feedback from one of the users that TM:PE does the job for speed limitations

2 hours ago, R3V0 said:

Had a a feedback from one of the users that TM:PE does the job for speed limitations

I do not think so. You can set speed limits in TM:PE but the unlimited speed sign just releases the speed limit to where it was. At least before MT it did NOT speed up my ICE to double speed than the local trains running 120. With the mod mentioned mod my ICE now run as fast as set in the vehicle settings.

If TM:PM now does the job would be good news. Let me know as soon you can confirm.

3 hours ago, rovapasi1 said:

I do not think so. You can set speed limits in TM:PE but the unlimited speed sign just releases the speed limit to where it was. At least before MT it did NOT speed up my ICE to double speed than the local trains running 120. With the mod mentioned mod my ICE now run as fast as set in the vehicle settings.

If TM:PM now does the job would be good news. Let me know as soon you can confirm.

The train tracks are "unlimited" by default. However, by setting an actual speed limit and then going back to unlimited, it will become actually unlimited.

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, rovapasi1 said:

I kinda confim that it works. It's purely based on observation but, I can say that TM:PE definitely has an effect on speed limitation. The difference was huge between 120 and 450km/h (set on AVO for MAGLEV). Camera failed to keep up the train from mid-distance :D

Meanwhile, I released another livery for Maximvs:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932113278

k1v74oD.jpg