Bombardier TWINDEXX Vario: Reimont CityLink "Classic"

2 sets +  1 Prop Pack, developed for TaserHere's Reimont map: 

3 Cars: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=966280253

6 Cars: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=966280682

Prop pack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=966278404

Y0GVoxL.jpg

L3zHr4Q.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Update: I had to delete asset from the Workshop, since it's not showed up in the workshop itself. There's also a problem with asset updating, assets are being updated for some reason. 

I'll wait tomorrow if it changes. 

Update: Seems it's fixed: 

5 cars: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1030916843&result=1

7 cars: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1031683053&result=1

I have to say that I really like the trains that you're creating. However, there's one thing that makes me not use them as much as I want to: most of the trains have no barebones livery where the majority of the vehicle is line colored. A good example would be the DB Regio livery that you're using for some of the trains, but instead of having the white line be line colored, the white line should stay white and the red parts should change color. Most of your trains either only have a small part of the livery that's line colored, or have a lot of details in other colors in addition to the line colored parts. What I'm looking for is a livery that's mostly line colored, and with details in white, black and grey only.

If you're not up for doing more liveries yourself (which is understandable, since you've done a lot of them so far), is there any way that I can create custom liveries for your assets?

• Original Poster
  • 3 hours ago, wasmic said:

I have to say that I really like the trains that you're creating. However, there's one thing that makes me not use them as much as I want to: most of the trains have no barebones livery where the majority of the vehicle is line colored. A good example would be the DB Regio livery that you're using for some of the trains, but instead of having the white line be line colored, the white line should stay white and the red parts should change color. Most of your trains either only have a small part of the livery that's line colored, or have a lot of details in other colors in addition to the line colored parts. What I'm looking for is a livery that's mostly line colored, and with details in white, black and grey only.

If you're not up for doing more liveries yourself (which is understandable, since you've done a lot of them so far), is there any way that I can create custom liveries for your assets?

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

Line coloring was my personal choice, the main aim to make train sets for me at least, is to make them as realistic as possible, ergo make them look like how they look in real life, thus line coloring is there but just enough to distinguish train lines. There are train sets on the workshop with whole body line colored, and I have to say, I just don't like them the way the look. 

Making certain areas of the train line colored, was much more "elegant" solution, while maintaining the accesibility of the asset. Another point I pay attention while line coloring is the unique points of the livery. 

For example, all SBB trains have white color, so for me, what makes SBB livery a SBB livery is to maintain its whiteness. Same can be said for DB regio; for me red color is the unique feature of DB trains which distinguish them from other trains. That is why I don't touch the main color. 

For ODEG liveries, I changed that concept, making the ODEG design of front completely colorable.  I do understand your idea, but sometimes coloring the entire train just looks plain ugly. 

For example; I'm working on Trenitalia livery for ETR: 

01666102.jpg

For this livery, I'm not interested to change the color of red or other places, because it's the part of the Italian flag. Instead, I'm gonna color light grey part on the main body.

As for making liveries, I'm open to ideas. There's someone else already who made multiple (rather simply) modifications on the liveries without the source file (since he didn't ask but informed me later) so it's not a problem. He did add me as co maker of the liveries later .

Add me on Steam to disguss further 

• Original Poster
  • @BloodyPenguin BP I have a question

How did you create tram station stop tracks ? 

We need to make a station track out of this: 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1179859784

If we can, Emperor Li will make a proper MAGLEV station (update his actual station). Road Tool doesnt provide any info about how to make one 

11 hours ago, R3V0 said:

@BloodyPenguin BP I have a question

How did you create tram station stop tracks ? 

We need to make a station track out of this: 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1179859784

If we can, Emperor Li will make a proper MAGLEV station (update his actual station). Road Tool doesnt provide any info about how to make one 

Let's look at an example of the monorail track (which is what I looked at recently):

The regular monorail track has 2 lanes - one for each monorail direction, as expected.

But the monorail station track has 4 lanes - in addition to the 2 regular monorail lanes, it has 2 pedestrian lanes, which have canCrossLanes enabled (or was this a property of the entire road?) and the stopType is set to monorail.
    Also on the station track the directions of the monorail lanes are not forward/backward but rather avoidBackward/avoidForward, I haven't looked into it fully but i did get a station track working.

These are the differences I have noticed. You can look at the actual tram track properties in mod tools: ctrl + e scene explorer > expansion #? (don't remember which number is snowfall) > netcollection > m_prefabs > and there will be multiple pages of prefabs with names, find the tram one you want to look at and open it, you will find a lot of the road editor parameters there, as well as m_lanes array which has the lanes in it.

4 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

Also on the station track the directions of the monorail lanes are not forward/backward but rather avoidBackward/avoidForward, I haven't looked into it fully but i did get a station track working.

I wonder if we can make a Tram Station track that allows reversing, so you don't need an end loop to turn around. This will of course only work for trams with doors on both sides.

4 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

ctrl + e scene explorer > expansion #? (don't remember which number is snowfall)

1 = After Dark
    2 = Snowfall

10 hours ago, Tim The Terrible said:

I wonder if we can make a Tram Station track that allows reversing, so you don't need an end loop to turn around. This will of course only work for trams with doors on both sides.

1 = After Dark
    2 = Snowfall

Tram vehicles themselves don't reverse. I tried this as soon as i had access to the editor. using avoid backward/forward doesn't do anything. it means you can place the line so that the line reverses but the trams can't themselves so they just disappear. they can only move forward like busses

15 hours ago, Ronyx69 said:

canCrossLanes enabled (or was this a property of the entire road?

this is a property of the entire road.

in addition to what Ronyx says you will also need to find the value "enable middle nodes" in modtools and uncheck it. this will mean junctions are forced between station tracks (which is needed).

You need to set the correct Connect Group for the road so that other networks of the same transport type have the correct connections at nodes.

extra meshing will be required to allow the visual representation of the rails at node junctions. you will need to make them match the normal double track, the single track and if you're doing trams, there's oneway single and wide tram track too. if there are overhead wires, the same will need to be done to match the tracks. 

for each of these meshes in the node, you will need to select the right flags for when they're used, and check the "direct connect" option under the segment properties panel. This will mean that it will directly connect the mesh from one end of the node to the other, and if you have the right flags set it will only show when connected to the road with corresponding connect group. 

BE AWARE. If you make your own station track and it's got a unique track layout (so it doesn't match the default connect groups) you CAN'T make your own connect group, this means that other custom rail types that don't align to your road will not be able to visually connect at the node, meaning the rail won't appear. This is the biggest limitation with the road editor and the reason why there are no station templates to copy from. It's to stop people producing random amounts of station tracks where the rails are all out of alignment to everything else.

• Original Poster
  • IK is on the plans, I got blueprints. 

As for the ULTRAHUB, i'm not planning to make shorter modules. Speaking of small stations: 

s8qXHuk.png

aVwADvG.jpg

UhbrIEh.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Just now, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

That's glorious news (about the IK blueprints)! What's this about a Sud-bahnhof?

Sudbahnhof was a train station that was part of the Germania project aka reconstruction of Berlin after WW2, when Germans won. It was supposed to be 1 of the 2 stations located south and north of the city that will serve as train hub for Breitspurbahn. 

Hypothetical trains had 3m gauge witdh (that is double what he have today) and all double deckers. 

So ingame Sudbahnhof will be a transport hub that will contain train, mom and monorail/maglev, metro stops. I'm planning to make it sort of modular so people plops sections of it with different networks assuming it works. 

Oh. That's twice in the last week that I see somebody modelling Nazi fantasy Germania stuff for C:S. Personally, I don't see the attraction. :/

I was hoping you were meaning modern Berlin Südkreuz, which is a crazy station in itself with S-bahn trains running diagonally on top of main rail lines, or tbh any modern German rail station from any city.

• Original Poster
  • 9 minutes ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

Oh. That's twice in the last week that I see somebody modelling Nazi fantasy Germania stuff for C:S. Personally, I don't see the attraction. :/

I was hoping you were meaning modern Berlin Südkreuz, which is a crazy station in itself with S-bahn trains running diagonally on top of main rail lines, or tbh any modern German rail station from any city.

It's sort of a colab actually, in terms of making Germania related assets anyway. 

Sudkreutz seems interesting as well, having blueprints might be nice.

So sorry to pick at you, but what's the attraction? I get that it can be fun to make alternative history type stuff or just obscenely massive fascist stuff, but even tho this might get some "oohs" and "ahhs" (this was my feeling when I saw the Germania Dome next to the TV Tower in Wolfenstien New Order), doesn't glorifying Nazi designs kinda make you feel a bit.... bad?

• Original Poster
  • 2 hours ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

So sorry to pick at you, but what's the attraction? I get that it can be fun to make alternative history type stuff or just obscenely massive fascist stuff, but even tho this might get some "oohs" and "ahhs" (this was my feeling when I saw the Germania Dome next to the TV Tower in Wolfenstien New Order), doesn't glorifying Nazi designs kinda make you feel a bit.... bad?

No problem.

I been expecting this tpe of critics, thus why I posted the preview before releasing the asset. Think of it as a social experiment. 

This discussion has been done over and over again when people release anything that resembles from 30s or Roman era or else. 

I am not going to release this asset with Nazi emblems, flags or anything else. The building will be a building as it should be. I also dont feel anything bad about making "Nazi" stuff because:

1. I am not a Nazi who releases weird flags on workshop.

2. There are no such things called Nazi buildings, tanks planes or "stuff". Nazism is an ideology, not a physical "thing", per se, that can be represented in any physical form except specific objects or emblems or flags that represent the idea. Ergo, there are no buildings that are Nazi, Communist or fascist, but constructions that are made by either these people or people work for them (the case of Albert Speer).

3. I am not interested with the ideology nor what it does. My interest is the building and building only. 

4. With a similar logic, Christians were killed and executed in Colosseum, Tharpean Rock was used for public executions, Milano Central was personnaly designed and influenced by fascist Mussolini. Yet these objects are part of Italian heritage and history and no one is complaining about them.

Our engineering knowledge is coming from nazis, our rocket technology is based on nazis, german highways are made by nazis, Porsche is made and worked for nazis, volkswagen is made by nazis, Fanta the drink is made for nazi soldiers, by nazis. I am not going to talk about hundreds of different buildings and monuments made by and for nazis in germany that are still in service. 

Buildings, vehicles or any other creation of man is a tool that is being used by their masters. They serve however their builders demand or plan them to. They don't think, they dont act, they dont have emotions. If I am a Nazi i can build a train station, lose the war and whoever the winner is, can use the station for something else.

That is why I find the idea or the concept of attributing ideologies to buildings or vehicles completely ridiculous. 

As for Germania, even the architects who contributed these plans got cleaned during Nuremberg trials and they continued work, as architects. 

So there is no point of discussing whether the building is nazi or not, that it cant be, because a building is a lifeless piece of stone that can not have ideologies. 

I hope my thoughts are clear on this topic, as I am planning to respond in a same way for future remarks when the asset is released.  

I disagree with you. Art and Architecture are particularly adept at expressing ideologies! You made many points but you didn't answer my central question -- what attracts you to create "Germania," which can be described no better than to simply say fantasy architecture commissioned by Hitler to express Nazi ideals and ideologies, for Cities:Skylines?

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

I disagree with you. Art and Architecture are particularly adept at expressing ideologies! You made many points but you didn't answer my central question -- what attracts you to create "Germania," which can be described no better than to simply say fantasy architecture commissioned by Hitler to express Nazi ideals and ideologies, for Cities:Skylines?

I can give you a good lecture about how art, architecture and politics intertwines many times during the history, but it is not a topic here, nor I have an interest to lecture anyone when I enjoy my french coffee by lakeside. 

Art can be used to express ideologies, opinions or any abstract idea. This is the main reason why, Art, exists since the beginning of mankind when we reached a certain intellectual level or understanding our environment, become self-aware. Some argue that this also collides the period of proto philosophy. 

Anyway. 

Unless counterpart is presented, architecture is NOT an art. Sure there are people who go weird and turn buildings into pieces of art but this is not the basic and main purpose of solid architecture. As someone who is close to domain, I can verify that people dont study architecture to make paintings. Architecture requires a certain and well developed skills of designing but unlike ART, these skills are being used to create a building or a structure that will answer the demand of the client or achieve the purpose. 

Architecture, or architects, will have to provide solutions for existing problems or demands, in a such way, that these propositions must and can be built by engineers and constructed. 

This is the architecture I know of and as former engineering student I've been thought. 

Architecture is an art as much as mechanical engineering. Both domains, when it is needed can enter artistic domain but their interaction with "ART" is limited with form and shape. 

I dont design trains to express my opinions. When it's needed I provide a design because client comes with specific demand (passenger, speed capacity, maintenance factor, construction cost etc etc). Design part is a whipped cream on top that will please the client and people will use it. 

Designers in Apple dont design LGBT colored peace sign shaped iphones, because it's pointless to make. 

Similar way, architect designs a building with a specific style in mind and how client asked. Just because some random Nazi knocked your door, you don't design a swastika shaped building that is highly inefficient. 

Now back to topic. 

Architecture CAN be used to express certain ideologies, but it is NOT the pure objective. Just because you want to express your opinions, you dont make an inefficient building with a stupid shape. Volkshalle or sudbahnhoff are the same thing, as Collesium or as Milano Centrale, or Kremlin, or Pantheon, or Eiffel Tower, or Palais de Versaile etc. etc. My main interest is the architecture, is the design. 

My inital plan was to make Milano Centrale because I really like the architecture and the way the building is located in Milano. It is megalomaniac, that every "normal" building around it looks funny and weird. The building is out of place, simply put. 

During my research for dieselpunk trains (as you probably know already, I make trains), I stumbled across concept arts of this train station. I saw the dimensions and how it would dwarf every other building in real life around it and decide to look for further informations. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any info aside from two pictures and despite that I decided to half-make, half-improvise it, since there were no clear designs and drawings. 

At this point, I'm not even sure should I call it Sudbahnhof or something else, since I improvised half of the building. Still, it derivates from the named design I'll probably keep it. 

So this is my aswer, long story short: 

I wanted to make the biggest station of the workshop that could be Milano Centrale, then I saw Sudbahnhoff and decided to make it instead. 

There's your answer. 

PS: I'd like to hear your opinions about imperialist Colliseum and Patheon, Palais de Versaille, fascist Milano Station, fascist Franco's grave, communist Kremlin and Bavaria region where Hitler resided there most of the time. 

Should we nuke these places because they are affiliated with certain ideology ? 

What's the difference between this type of concept and destroying Buddha idols and temples in Afghanistan ? Calling every big building nazis or something else is plain dumb. This is a video game forum and I have no intention to turn this into political debate. The building is not even made, its architects went into trial, got released continued to design similar styled buildings until they die. 

There are hundreds of buildings all over the world that is as megolomaniac as sudbahnhof. There will be as manking continues to exist. 

For me this conversation is over, I have no intention to remake Germania nor make cities with Nazi flags (making nazi flags is someone else's specialty). I'm interested with megolomaniac buildings regardless their origin (thus my interest on Volkshalle, Milano Centrale and Sudbahnhof) so I make this station and release it as I planned, without any political agenda behind it. 

Then I will make Milano Centrale as well, that was also designed by fasicst Mussolini, that still has Musso the Meme Guy's amblems along with Roman eagle everywhere. 

Why ?

Because I love the building and Milanese are proud of it and I like Milano. I don't give a flying crap about who and why made it. 

Bulding X or bulding Y is ideology X and Y is plain dumb and if it was the case we should have still live in caves, don't be naive. 

I understand that certain people may get offended, but there's no point of being offended over a hypothetical building that never existed. Even being triggered should have a limit. 

1 hour ago, AmiPolizeiFunk said:

cause it looks cool lmao

2 hours ago, R3V0 said:

I can give you a good lecture about how art, architecture and politics intertwines many times during the history, but it is not a topic here, nor I have an interest to lecture anyone when I enjoy my french coffee by lakeside. 

Art can be used to express ideologies, opinions or any abstract idea. This is the main reason why, Art, exists since the beginning of mankind when we reached a certain intellectual level or understanding our environment, become self-aware. Some argue that this also collides the period of proto philosophy. 

Anyway. 

Unless counterpart is presented, architecture is NOT an art. Sure there are people who go weird and turn buildings into pieces of art but this is not the basic and main purpose of solid architecture. As someone who is close to domain, I can verify that people dont study architecture to make paintings. Architecture requires a certain and well developed skills of designing but unlike ART, these skills are being used to create a building or a structure that will answer the demand of the client or achieve the purpose. 

Architecture, or architects, will have to provide solutions for existing problems or demands, in a such way, that these propositions must and can be built by engineers and constructed. 

This is the architecture I know of and as former engineering student I've been thought. 

Architecture is an art as much as mechanical engineering. Both domains, when it is needed can enter artistic domain but their interaction with "ART" is limited with form and shape. 

I dont design trains to express my opinions. When it's needed I provide a design because client comes with specific demand (passenger, speed capacity, maintenance factor, construction cost etc etc). Design part is a whipped cream on top that will please the client and people will use it. 

Designers in Apple dont design LGBT colored peace sign shaped iphones, because it's pointless to make. 

Similar way, architect designs a building with a specific style in mind and how client asked. Just because some random Nazi knocked your door, you don't design a swastika shaped building that is highly inefficient. 

Now back to topic. 

Architecture CAN be used to express certain ideologies, but it is NOT the pure objective. Just because you want to express your opinions, you dont make an inefficient building with a stupid shape. Volkshalle or sudbahnhoff are the same thing, as Collesium or as Milano Centrale, or Kremlin, or Pantheon, or Eiffel Tower, or Palais de Versaile etc. etc. My main interest is the architecture, is the design. 

My inital plan was to make Milano Centrale because I really like the architecture and the way the building is located in Milano. It is megalomaniac, that every "normal" building around it looks funny and weird. The building is out of place, simply put. 

During my research for dieselpunk trains (as you probably know already, I make trains), I stumbled across concept arts of this train station. I saw the dimensions and how it would dwarf every other building in real life around it and decide to look for further informations. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any info aside from two pictures and despite that I decided to half-make, half-improvise it, since there were no clear designs and drawings. 

At this point, I'm not even sure should I call it Sudbahnhof or something else, since I improvised half of the building. Still, it derivates from the named design I'll probably keep it. 

So this is my aswer, long story short: 

I wanted to make the biggest station of the workshop that could be Milano Centrale, then I saw Sudbahnhoff and decided to make it instead. 

There's your answer. 

PS: I'd like to hear your opinions about imperialist Colliseum and Patheon, Palais de Versaille, fascist Milano Station, fascist Franco's grave, communist Kremlin and Bavaria region where Hitler resided there most of the time. 

Should we nuke these places because they are affiliated with certain ideology ? 

What's the difference between this type of concept and destroying Buddha idols and temples in Afghanistan ? Calling every big building nazis or something else is plain dumb. This is a video game forum and I have no intention to turn this into political debate. The building is not even made, its architects went into trial, got released continued to design similar styled buildings until they die. 

There are hundreds of buildings all over the world that is as megolomaniac as sudbahnhof. There will be as manking continues to exist. 

For me this conversation is over, I have no intention to remake Germania nor make cities with Nazi flags (making nazi flags is someone else's specialty). I'm interested with megolomaniac buildings regardless their origin (thus my interest on Volkshalle, Milano Centrale and Sudbahnhof) so I make this station and release it as I planned, without any political agenda behind it. 

Then I will make Milano Centrale as well, that was also designed by fasicst Mussolini, that still has Musso the Meme Guy's amblems along with Roman eagle everywhere. 

Why ?

Because I love the building and Milanese are proud of it and I like Milano. I don't give a flying crap about who and why made it. 

Bulding X or bulding Y is ideology X and Y is plain dumb and if it was the case we should have still live in caves, don't be naive. 

I understand that certain people may get offended, but there's no point of being offended over a hypothetical building that never existed. Even being triggered should have a limit. 

Non wooden Kremlin was built in 1485–1495 and was made of red bricks. It was later recolored in white but during Soviet Era it was painted back in red (sure, what else color could be used :D ) So it's definitely not communist building =) But Moscow State University can be called to be a building of Communists because of it's style and... size) But yeah - it looks stunning.

So I'm absolutely supporting you making some "crazy" stuff