297 posts in this topic Last Reply

I can't believe no one responded to this!  I really love how the trees and plants you've placed in game along with the terrain mod - they're realistic.  I like your choice of trains, too. :P  You have a good eye for detail.  Can't wait for more!

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, Robban040 said:

The railyard with the power plant in the background.

2d1qljl.jpg

Very nice city. Question: what is that building in this picture that looks like a grain elevator? There are two. There's the small one perpendicular to the street, then there's the big one parallel. What are they?

• Original Poster
  • Thank you for all the kind words! I'll search my mods and try to find out the name of the grain elevator

I've added a "small" industrial area along the water:

2wmoy89.jpg

2v9drag.jpg

245d6pv.jpg

My next project: The main train station along with downtown. "Under construction":

2iwa6mu.jpg

2v92qhj.jpg

To be continued!

Such an impressive city: the terrain and textures, city layout, choice of assets and (semi-arid) plant life, detailing, it's all spot-on, top notch!
    And, and I love the visual style as well - fits your theme perfectly!

• Original Poster
  • On 2016-07-26 at 10:35 PM, cschnipke279 said:

What graphics mod are you using, some of your photos look like real life haha

Theme: The Golden Gate RM - OWL + TROPICITY/DESERT - OWL

On 2016-07-29 at 2:19 PM, Judazzz said:

Such an impressive city: the terrain and textures, city layout, choice of assets and (semi-arid) plant life, detailing, it's all spot-on, top notch!
    And, and I love the visual style as well - fits your theme perfectly!

Thank you very much!

10 hours ago, Matthias King said:

What are those boxy white apartments in the center mid-ground?

Here's a link to the asset: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721569987

• Original Poster
  • 14 minutes ago, Matthias King said:

Thanks for the link.

Your pics are most impressive.

Did you miss my earlier question about what looks like a grain elevator?

Cheers!

Yeah I did sorry!

Here's all the elevators/silos in from that screen:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413545252

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679414625

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679418016

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=526512390

Awesome. Thank you. Those are some nice looking grain elevators. The 10A-FA ones in particular.

It's the same creator as those apartments. Now I feel dumb. If I would have just browsed his entire workshop I would have seen them.

Oh well. Thanks again.

As always, really impressive screenshots!

Started a new map myself which will maybe make it to a CJ. Almost picke the same map but went for the Collosal Hillside instead. Most work has been on the airport with some inspiration from your screens and assets!

• Original Poster
  • 21 hours ago, leosten said:

As always, really impressive screenshots!

Started a new map myself which will maybe make it to a CJ. Almost picke the same map but went for the Collosal Hillside instead. Most work has been on the airport with some inspiration from your screens and assets!

Thanks!

Yeah you should! Always cool to see how other people build their airports :)

• Original Poster
  • On 2016-08-12 at 0:09 AM, mutton noir said:

Great project. Superb attention to detail and a few of the screen shots are hyper realistic. Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing more

Thank you, more to come soon!

On 2016-08-12 at 11:40 AM, leosten said:

Looking really good and realistic!

Thanks!

I try to build as realistic as i can :)

• Original Poster
  • 5 hours ago, Darf said:

Beautiful waterfronts!

5 hours ago, hotChocolate said:

That's awesome. I love the apartment complexes, they look very realistic. Great tropical landscape as well. This really deserves more attention.

Thank you guys!

Last photos before i go on vacation

Cant go wrong with sunrise/sunset photos! ;) :

HJLlirr.jpg

42M2kUP.jpg

Had to add a stadium to the city, along with its own marina!

CkDYDWf.jpg

ucBLM7E.jpg

Ju3OZ1I.jpg

JdbP9Dx.jpg

Wonderful city! And can you share grass texture used in it? It will perfectly fit for some mediterranean cities!

Update: Oh, sorry, that was stupid question, I already found it.

Edited by SpacePixel  

• Original Poster
  • On 2016-08-14 at 1:33 PM, gfv1974 said:

I love how natural it all looks. Look forward to seeing more. Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you!

On 2016-08-15 at 8:48 PM, SpacePixel said:

Wonderful city! And can you share grass texture used in it? It will perfectly fit for some mediterranean cities!

Update: Oh, sorry, that was stupid question, I already found it.

Cheers mate! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
        London Stock Exchange, by Mattb325.
        ---------------------------------------
        London Stock Exchange was founded in 1801 and its current premises are situated in Paternoster Square close to St Paul's Cathedral in the City of London. It moved to these smaller premises from the Old Stock Exchange Tower on Threadneedle St in 2004 as modern technology has reduced the need for face-to-face dealings on the trading room floor.
        London Stock Exchange is one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges. The current building on Paternoster Sqaure was designed by Eric Parry Architects and Sheppard Robson Architects. 
        While this is a fairly faithful representation of the real-life building, given the absolutely crazy angles and curves inherent in the original design, not everything is 100% true to real-life; this was done deliberately to ensure that the building can fit comfortably on a 4x4 lot. Additionally, the sun-dial feature on the back wall of the building was omitted because it was too small to be visible in game and the fact that the sun doesn't move in SC4.
        This building is modded as a non-conditional Stock Exchange reward (meaning it can be placed at any time without having met prior conditions).
        It does not over-write the Maxis Stock Exchange reward and can safely be used in conjunction with these (or any relotted version thereof). This reward has been modded with higher CAP relief and jobs values than the Maxis version. Like the Maxis version, this building costs nothing to place and has no monthly cost.
        Placing this Reward provides massive CO§§§ CAP relief, has a landmark effectand also provides up to 155 highly desirable civic jobs.
        If you wish to help develop high-wealth commercial skyscraper districts, then in addition to ensuring the other elements of your city (such as good health, education, correct zones, low crime & other infrastructure) are catered for, placing this reward lot will greatly assist in CO§§§ development.
        It is on a 4x4 lot.

STATS:
        Lot size :                   4x4
        Plop Cost:                §0
        Occupant Groups:  Reward; Stock Exchange; Biz Lawyer Attack
        Wealth:                     High Wealth
        Demand Created:   Jobs§: 23;  Jobs§§: 46; Jobs§§§: 86
        Demand Satisfied: CO§§§ 405,000
        Park Effect:            +0 over 0 tiles
        Landmark Effect:  +120 over 60 tiles
        Pollution:                 Air 6 over 3 tiles, Water 4 over 4 tiles, Garbage 57 over 0 tiles
        Power consumed:   66 MwH
        Water consumed:   66 Gallons/Month
        Bulldoze Cost:        §43,900
        Monthly Cost:         §0
        NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
        You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
        If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
        DEPENDENCIES:
        To ensure proper functionality, please ensure the following files are in your plugins:
        *BSC MEGA Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
        NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
        Expensive London real estate means little or no open-air parking exists in the city. If you want to add parking textures, then you know what to do.....
        To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      • By BLANKBLANK
        Entry 1:

So I've been playing SC4 for about ten years now and most of that time was spent with the vanilla version of the game. Then a year ago I saw videos of various mods and whilst aware of their existence I was rather discouraged about using them for fear of their complexity.

Well after some disasters I finally learnt the art of building up a portofolio of plugins as well as managing them correctly. Over the last three months (after I had to remove all the plugins because I did a bad job with the management) I've downloaded about 3.6 GB of plugins: thousands of buildings, thousands more of props, NAM, SAM, X-ports, slope mods, maps, tree controllers, terrains, more utilities plus civic facilities, parks and all sorts.

It's almost overwhelming the choices you have and I've only explored at most a third of all the content I have downloaded. So as such I am still experimenting with my new toys and this is why this CJ is going to be more like a scrapbook. There is no coherent narrative just various pictures of my cities, furthermore there will be all kinds of quirks, oddities, blips and bloopers as I mess around with this huge palette.

I had various requests from my SimCity 2013 CJ about starting a SC4 CJ so here it goes. May I introduce the city of Tamboria (in bits and pieces!).

This is part of Eastern Tamboria.

Here is Tamboria's primary power plant, this is also an important regional power plant as well.

And of course no city can function without an oil terminal...

... or function without substations either. It took me a while but I finally found a substation prop configuration which I found aesthetically pleasing.

While NAM is pretty darn cool, I think the rail catenaries are totally awesome!

Tamboria's main hospital, centre right..

Of course no city is complete without its recreational facilities. Behold Eastern Tamboria's sport's arena which serves both for American football and for track athletics as well.

Complimenting the mayor's generous provision of recreational areas are the mini-parks.

Whilst designated green areas are yet another means for overworked Sims to stretch their feet.

Last, but not least, is the downtown WTC area.

Well that is it for this first entry. The next couple of entries will explore Tamboria more deeply, so stay tuned!

Apologies if the interface appears in some pictures or the grid is present, this is because in my enthusiasm to take snapshots I sometimes forget to minimize the interface. Please note that I will only be posting ONE entry per week for this CJ as I have very little spare time.

Special thanks to all those batters, lotters and modders who have given hardcore SC4 players a mind-blowing plethora of new features. Finally God bless grunge concrete and the grunge roads of paeng's!
      • By Celast
        Hello and welcome to my first City Journal!
        The goal of this city and journal is to create an and experiment with a town located within the mediterranean. I hope you will enjoy!
        The name of the newly arrived 'old' town is Urbino, named after a town in Italy. This town was once governed by a great man during the Renaissance called Federico da Montefeltro and created one of the centers of wisdom of that time. Even at this day Urbino holds one of the oldest Universities and is a sight to behold. 
        All the pictures below show a portion of what I have already finished. I hope to post some pictures soon of what I m working on now. My mind shifts into many directions thus the amount of projects I m working on simultaneously is tremendous. All feedback is more then welcome!
        I present to you: Urbino! 

• By KriZy
        OSL Airport is located at the bottum!

Post 1: Since summer is over and school has started, so I finally got into Simtropolis and all it's prettiness, I thought why not make a CJ for you and me to enjoy together.

I chose a map which I think is cool and so let's get started. The style i'm going for would be an American style, but a little different.

And of course a Strictoaster Fuel supply.
        Our source will mostly be renewable energy, but a oil field or two will be made in the future.

• By mattb325
        Karlsruhe Courthouse, by Mattb325.
        The district attorney's office in Karlsruhe is presented in SC4 as a functional courthouse.
        It is a reasonably accurate representation although I have omitted the high perimeter walls which are just a little too imposing for my taste. 
        In addition to providing your sims with 128 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial and residential demand caps that can hinder city development by providing additional regional demand of over 80,000 CO§§ spaces and 10,000 Residential spaces. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.
        It sits on a 5x4 lot.
        * It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
        * It is located in the REWARD Menu 
        * It can be placed more than once in a city. 
        * It DOES NOT over-write the ingame courthouse (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis courthouse reward.
        * It DOES NOT over-write any of my other courthouse lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).
        STATS:
        Lot size :                5 x 4
        Plop Cost:              §41,000
        Monthly Cost:        §910
        Budget Item:          Government Buildings
        Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
        Demand Created:  Jobs§: 16, Jobs§§: 104, Jobs§§§: 8.
        Demand Satisfied: R§: 5,000, R§§: 5,000, CO§§: 80,000
        Landmark Effect:   +120 over 36 tiles
        Pollution:                 Air 6 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 3 tiles, Garbage 29 over 0 tiles
        Power consumed:  92 MwH
        Water consumed:  184 Gallons/Month
        Bulldoze Cost:        §9,140
        NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two separate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
        You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
        If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
        DEPENDENCIES:
        To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
        *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
        *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
        *BSC Texture Pack - BSC Textures Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
        Sadly, ongoing negative comments from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this ridiculous disclaimer. This building has internal underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
        Thanks.