Robban040

Project Malmo Airport (ESMS/MMX)

312 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • On 2017-11-27 at 9:22 AM, Turjan said:

I have no idea, but it's looking good :) .

Thank you! :-)

On 2017-11-27 at 2:26 PM, rovapasi1 said:

That should be Malmö (MMX) or previously Malmö-Sturup (I guess until 2007-2008?)

You are correct! To bad i couldnt find any assets matching the real yellow color :-(

Beautiful airport work as always!  *:thumb:

Your current Malmo airport has a straightforward layout that the game engine shouldn't have any problem coping with.  However, I wondered if your much more complex airport from September/October 'played nice' with the game engine?  IIRC I think you may have said at the time that you do mix in some functional gates with those that are there just to look superb?  If that was the case, I guess a designer like yourself could simply make the gates closest to the taxiways and runways the active ones, while using fixed assets only to make make the inner gates that would have clipping and pathing issues.  Kind of related to all of that, by any chance have you taken and posted anywhere videos or some clips showing your airports?  I'd love to see them in action some time!

• Original Poster
  • On 2017-11-29 at 3:32 AM, JohnAkaMrP said:

Beautiful airport work as always!  *:thumb:

Your current Malmo airport has a straightforward layout that the game engine shouldn't have any problem coping with.  However, I wondered if your much more complex airport from September/October 'played nice' with the game engine?  IIRC I think you may have said at the time that you do mix in some functional gates with those that are there just to look superb?  If that was the case, I guess a designer like yourself could simply make the gates closest to the taxiways and runways the active ones, while using fixed assets only to make make the inner gates that would have clipping and pathing issues.  Kind of related to all of that, by any chance have you taken and posted anywhere videos or some clips showing your airports?  I'd love to see them in action some time!

Aye you are correct regarding placing the real gates closest to the runway. This is what i did with my Kastrup airport. however I never got the chance to try them out since i reached the prop-limit which made me abandon that project. My current project, Malmo, should work i'd say. So far I have incorporated 2 gates at the terminal and 1 gate at the hangar area. This will probably be more than enough for a airport of this size. I will let you know how it works out once i've tried it :-)

On 2017-11-29 at 10:45 AM, charlesnew said:

WOW. You and your airports :P

Haha i know, i know...cant help being a aviation nerd! ;-)

• Original Poster
  • The airside of the main terminal area is more or less complete. Still alot of work to do on the none airside area.

Here's an aerial view of how far I've come:

wlfCMML.jpg

Part of one of the two cargo aprons:

YoaJhjF.jpg

on5ki3W.jpg

Parking space for staff/crew with the parking garage on the left side:

MYiLlvb.jpg

The terminal building:

QorpsU4.jpg

VwWNnsp.jpg

Next area of focus will probably be the hangar area/general aviation.

Stay tuned!

7 hours ago, Robban040 said:

The airside of the main terminal area is more or less complete. Still alot of work to do on the none airside area.

Here's an aerial view of how far I've come:

wlfCMML.jpg

Part of one of the two cargo aprons:

YoaJhjF.jpg

on5ki3W.jpg

Parking space for staff/crew with the parking garage on the left side:

MYiLlvb.jpg

The terminal building:

QorpsU4.jpg

VwWNnsp.jpg

Next area of focus will probably be the hangar area/general aviation.

Stay tuned!

This is stunning!! makes me want to continue my own project.. too bad i dont have the time for it rn. keep them coming

• Original Poster
  • On 2017-12-02 at 10:55 PM, oslondavid said:

This is stunning!! makes me want to continue my own project.. too bad i dont have the time for it rn. keep them coming

Thank you mate, more coming right up!

• Original Poster
  • The hangar/GA-area is more or less completed.

First, a  mandatory "overview shot" of the whole airport:

phBRO6N.jpg

The Hangar area (bottom left is the GA hangars)

JiT1pls.jpg

giQ5tUE.jpg

xJN9tGH.jpg

On the right, the fire station

AUdpWgZ.jpg

The "Main Gate":

NpTdtzg.jpg

szJZV8y.jpg

Almost complete with finishing up the parking areas aswell as the hotel.

The next thing to complete will most likely be the runways/taxiways and/or the night lightning.

Stay tuned!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
        Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
        ---------------------------------------
        Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
        This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
        The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
        This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
        While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
        The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
        To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
        The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
        Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
        All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
        The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
        STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
        Lot size :                  4x5
        Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
        Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
        Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
        Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
        Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
        Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
        Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
        Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
        Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
        Lot size :                  4x5
        Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
        Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
        Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
        Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
        Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
        Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
        Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
        Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
        Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
        NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
        This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
        You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
        If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
        * Dayopeace.dat
        N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
        Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
        There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
        To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
        Thanks.
      • By zero7
        Elizabeth Falls
        "When is the level going to settle?" - Every conversation in town gets there at some point as it's what everyone wants to know. The contractors are waiting on the architects, the architects are waiting on the town planners, the town planners are waiting on the mayor and the mayor is waiting on his advisers. But no-one knows when the water level is going to settle.
        The assumption is that much of the flood water will clear, the place was named based on that assumption - Elizabeth Falls - but unless this water goes somewhere, there won't be anything worthy of the name.
        So here we are, 500 people living alongside an unpredictable torrent of water - waiting for it to settle. We have a number of things in abundance: water (obviously), ore, timber and hope.  We also have sizeable financial backing from the Zero7 Foundation, which has allowed us to put in services for a city much larger than our present little town. 
        So we wait a lot, and build a little. And hope, always ...

Welcome to my first Cities Skylines journal. I'm going to try to keep it in the style of the old traditional SC4 storyline journals, with the direction set mainly by the organic growth dictated by game dynamics. I'm new to Cities Skylines (but and old SC4 campaigner) and will be learning about what's achievable in the game as I go along. 

So far we have power, water, a little industry and a growing population. Google has mapped us, so that makes things feel more real.
        The highway into town needs some attention with Move-It once I open up those tiles. Rail branch to the ore district is a possibility. The 'road to nowhere' currently heading into the water will become a riverside road once I get the water position finalised.
        The mayors advisers are out in the chopper every day surveying the waters, seeing if we've got a final position, but it's still draining away - good in some ways as we'll end up with more land to work with.

One thing that makes predicting the river bank's final position so hard is that it keeps raining, so just when we think things have settled, the parameters change. It rains a lot ...

But, on the rare occasions that it does stop raining, we've got quite a nice little town - let's hope we can keep it that way as we grow.

• By TytanTV
        Hi guys,
        After a long break from playing Cities Skylines, I recently started a new series on my channel. It's a not-so-realistic city set somewhere in South East Asia (probably). I'm almost embarrassed to post it because I know how insanely beautiful some of the cities on here are! That said, any feedback would be appreciated
        Also I'm on the lookout for any LUTs/tweaks/assets that can give the city a more "tropical" feel, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
        First episode:

Latest episode:
        Some image of the city, first the full city view by night:

Path leading up to the central park, with the city hall in the background (the scary communist looking building):

Bridge from the business district to the city center:

Central train station:

Sapphire park - the highway runs under the water to the central island:

Train line running through the business district:

Cemetery and temple on the central island:

Sunset over Emerald Park:

• By mattb325
        London Stock Exchange, by Mattb325.
        London Stock Exchange was founded in 1801 and its current premises are situated in Paternoster Square close to St Paul's Cathedral in the City of London. It moved to these smaller premises from the Old Stock Exchange Tower on Threadneedle St in 2004 as modern technology has reduced the need for face-to-face dealings on the trading room floor.
        London Stock Exchange is one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges. The current building on Paternoster Sqaure was designed by Eric Parry Architects and Sheppard Robson Architects. 
        While this is a fairly faithful representation of the real-life building, given the absolutely crazy angles and curves inherent in the original design, not everything is 100% true to real-life; this was done deliberately to ensure that the building can fit comfortably on a 4x4 lot. Additionally, the sun-dial feature on the back wall of the building was omitted because it was too small to be visible in game and the fact that the sun doesn't move in SC4.
        This building is modded as a non-conditional Stock Exchange reward (meaning it can be placed at any time without having met prior conditions).
        It does not over-write the Maxis Stock Exchange reward and can safely be used in conjunction with these (or any relotted version thereof). This reward has been modded with higher CAP relief and jobs values than the Maxis version. Like the Maxis version, this building costs nothing to place and has no monthly cost.
        Placing this Reward provides massive CO§§§ CAP relief, has a landmark effectand also provides up to 155 highly desirable civic jobs.
        If you wish to help develop high-wealth commercial skyscraper districts, then in addition to ensuring the other elements of your city (such as good health, education, correct zones, low crime & other infrastructure) are catered for, placing this reward lot will greatly assist in CO§§§ development.
        It is on a 4x4 lot.

STATS:
        Lot size :                   4x4
        Plop Cost:                §0
        Occupant Groups:  Reward; Stock Exchange; Biz Lawyer Attack
        Wealth:                     High Wealth
        Demand Created:   Jobs§: 23;  Jobs§§: 46; Jobs§§§: 86
        Demand Satisfied: CO§§§ 405,000
        Park Effect:            +0 over 0 tiles
        Landmark Effect:  +120 over 60 tiles
        Pollution:                 Air 6 over 3 tiles, Water 4 over 4 tiles, Garbage 57 over 0 tiles
        Power consumed:   66 MwH
        Water consumed:   66 Gallons/Month
        Bulldoze Cost:        §43,900
        Monthly Cost:         §0
        NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
        You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
        If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
        DEPENDENCIES:
        To ensure proper functionality, please ensure the following files are in your plugins:
        *BSC MEGA Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
        NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
        Expensive London real estate means little or no open-air parking exists in the city. If you want to add parking textures, then you know what to do.....
        To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      • By BLANKBLANK
        Entry 1:

So I've been playing SC4 for about ten years now and most of that time was spent with the vanilla version of the game. Then a year ago I saw videos of various mods and whilst aware of their existence I was rather discouraged about using them for fear of their complexity.

Well after some disasters I finally learnt the art of building up a portofolio of plugins as well as managing them correctly. Over the last three months (after I had to remove all the plugins because I did a bad job with the management) I've downloaded about 3.6 GB of plugins: thousands of buildings, thousands more of props, NAM, SAM, X-ports, slope mods, maps, tree controllers, terrains, more utilities plus civic facilities, parks and all sorts.

It's almost overwhelming the choices you have and I've only explored at most a third of all the content I have downloaded. So as such I am still experimenting with my new toys and this is why this CJ is going to be more like a scrapbook. There is no coherent narrative just various pictures of my cities, furthermore there will be all kinds of quirks, oddities, blips and bloopers as I mess around with this huge palette.

I had various requests from my SimCity 2013 CJ about starting a SC4 CJ so here it goes. May I introduce the city of Tamboria (in bits and pieces!).

This is part of Eastern Tamboria.

Here is Tamboria's primary power plant, this is also an important regional power plant as well.

And of course no city can function without an oil terminal...

... or function without substations either. It took me a while but I finally found a substation prop configuration which I found aesthetically pleasing.

While NAM is pretty darn cool, I think the rail catenaries are totally awesome!

Tamboria's main hospital, centre right..

Of course no city is complete without its recreational facilities. Behold Eastern Tamboria's sport's arena which serves both for American football and for track athletics as well.

Complimenting the mayor's generous provision of recreational areas are the mini-parks.

Whilst designated green areas are yet another means for overworked Sims to stretch their feet.

Last, but not least, is the downtown WTC area.

Well that is it for this first entry. The next couple of entries will explore Tamboria more deeply, so stay tuned!

Apologies if the interface appears in some pictures or the grid is present, this is because in my enthusiasm to take snapshots I sometimes forget to minimize the interface. Please note that I will only be posting ONE entry per week for this CJ as I have very little spare time.

Special thanks to all those batters, lotters and modders who have given hardcore SC4 players a mind-blowing plethora of new features. Finally God bless grunge concrete and the grunge roads of paeng's!