Jump to content

Public Transit Addendum  

214 members have voted

  1. 1. Which expansions to rail based public transit would you like me to work on?

    • Single Rail Tracks/Stations
      64
    • Rendered Rail Tunnels
      46
    • High Speed Rail (new network type)
      73
    • Above Ground Subways/Metro (pretty much new network type)
      106


1,145 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

@bsquiklehausenThere were a few metro trains present in the Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC, including the Capital EcoBoost train based off the Siemens Inspiro. Trains from the metro madness dlc pack will not be used for the Metro Overhaul Mod. Instead, a version of the metro train that is exactly identical to the Siemens Inspiro trains found on the Warsaw Metro should be created entirely from scratch!

Also don't forget about the Alstom Metropolis 98B and the 81-717/714! The Alstom Metropolis 98B shares the same traction motors with the New York City Subway R142/R160 vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, j4lambert said:

@bsquiklehausenThere were a few metro trains present in the Cities in Motion 2: Metro Madness DLC, including the Capital EcoBoost train based off the Siemens Inspiro. Trains from the metro madness dlc pack will not be used for the Metro Overhaul Mod. Instead, a version of the metro train that is exactly identical to the Siemens Inspiro trains found on the Warsaw Metro should be created entirely from scratch!

Also don't forget about the Alstom Metropolis 98B and the 81-717/714! The Alstom Metropolis 98B shares the same traction motors with the New York City Subway R142/R160 vehicles.

AleX_BY already made 81-717/714 in both Moscow and Kyiv Metro liveries :) He'll publish them after MOM is published.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks,

I have been lurking this Topic for some time, and signed up basically just to comment here. This mod is just what I have been waiting for.

@andreharv may I ask if the wood and steel elevated version will be part of the upcoming release? I tend to build in a very retro style, mostly only using Assets like Feindbold's Brooklyn set, and I was quite exited to see your screenshots of those.

I should maybe add that I am okayish at modelling with Blender(even though I did not end up loading up any of my buildings to the workshop yet) but I am right now starting out trying to make trains. Naturally this won't be anything new and shiny: The first one will be a Arnine. If I end up needing help getting it into the game in the end, would some of you guys be okay with answering a few questions and giving me a hand? I would really like to contribute something to the community.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hygswitch said:

Hey folks,

I have been lurking this Topic for some time, and signed up basically just to comment here. This mod is just what I have been waiting for.

@andreharv may I ask if the wood and steel elevated version will be part of the upcoming release? I tend to build in a very retro style, mostly only using Assets like Feindbold's Brooklyn set, and I was quite exited to see your screenshots of those.

I should maybe add that I am okayish at modelling with Blender(even though I did not end up loading up any of my buildings to the workshop yet) but I am right now starting out trying to make trains. Naturally this won't be anything new and shiny: The first one will be a Arnine. If I end up needing help getting it into the game in the end, would some of you guys be okay with answering a few questions and giving me a hand? I would really like to contribute something to the community.

 

As I can tell from previous pages that style will not be included in the first release as there is much left to do or to tune ;)

I could probably give you some hand on this job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When can we expect the public release of this mod more or less? Also i don't understand why would you want to render underground stations? I think just the platform silhouette would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, haus5 said:

Also i don't understand why would you want to render underground stations? I think just the platform silhouette would do.

Hi, welcome! I think once this mod is out, many more players will be using the first person cameras to enjoy riding the subways. It's no fun going underground and seeing everything in the city just floating above you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyway to make metro trains reverse at the last station, like through creating a diamond crossover or similar, or do you have to make loops at the of the line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LGJ said:

Is there anyway to make metro trains reverse at the last station, like through creating a diamond crossover or similar, or do you have to make loops at the of the line? 

Surely, take a look at the lower part of page 20 :) those diamonds are developed and work as intended ;)

 

My mind just came across some other "public transport" question, as I started to build an airport at my test-city:

Would it be possible one day to create wider and more realistic runways? The ones in the game are way too narrow, as they are ~ 24m wide which looks odd at a realistic length. Most Aircraft are able to use runways that are ~ 45m wide (so 6U == 48m would do). An A380 needs atleast 60m (8u = 64m). In this case also taxiways should be as wide as runways are now (18m+ irl for large aircraft).

I know, I'm some kind of minority at this topic :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta2k5 said:

Surely, take a look at the lower part of page 20 :) those diamonds are developed and work as intended ;)

 

My mind just came across some other "public transport" question, as I started to build an airport at my test-city:

Would it be possible one day to create wider and more realistic runways? The ones in the game are way too narrow, as they are ~ 24m wide which looks odd at a realistic length. Most Aircraft are able to use runways that are ~ 45m wide (so 6U == 48m would do). An A380 needs atleast 60m (8u = 64m). In this case also taxiways should be as wide as runways are now (18m+ irl for large aircraft).

I know, I'm some kind of minority at this topic :D

I personally tend to avoid making ports and airports just because the rates at which the planes circulate are SO out of control... It brings me to another idea, what about being able to adjust the schedule of transport coming from outside the city?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Delta2k5 said:

Surely, take a look at the lower part of page 20 :) those diamonds are developed and work as intended ;)

Ah, I see :) So as of the alpha version, they're not available yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LGJ said:

Ah, I see :) So as of the alpha version, they're not available yet? 

They are functionally available, they're just not visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/18/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mr_Maison said:

Hi, welcome! I think once this mod is out, many more players will be using the first person cameras to enjoy riding the subways. It's no fun going underground and seeing everything in the city just floating above you.

I hope that will happen too. Many players would love to use that metro overhaul mod and use newer metro trains and elevated/ground-level metro stations from the Steam Workshop instead of mods like Extra Train Station Tracks and elevated/underground train stations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2016 at 6:36 AM, wasmic said:

There are at least two stations using island platforms, but only one of them are released. Also, it's not possible to create elevated or underground island platform stations yet, which is kinda sad because multi-level stations are one of the places where island platforms makes a lot of sense.

When will it be possible for elevated and underground island platform metro stations to be created?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm dealing with Toronto Union and Stadler Glasgow Line, there's train set in the Workshop, which might need to be converted to MOM set; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803713927

I was planning to do it as well, but someone made it before me, considering the number of subscribers it has, I just didn't want it to be forgotten in the workshop. I'm a fan of Stadler made trains, as you probably noticed by now, lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, R3V0 said:

While I'm dealing with Toronto Union and Stadler Glasgow Line, there's train set in the Workshop, which might need to be converted to MOM set; 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803713927

I was planning to do it as well, but someone made it before me, considering the number of subscribers it has, I just didn't want it to be forgotten in the workshop. I'm a fan of Stadler made trains, as you probably noticed by now, lol.

 

 

So are you going to make the Stadler Flirt 3xl train?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANY CHANCE ANY OF THESE STATIONS CAN BECOME OVER ROAD PLOPPABLE LIKE MrMaison's NYC SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN? ;AND WILL THERE BE ANY STATIONS THAT CAN SUPPORT 3 OR 4 TRACK STATION LIKE NYC MTA OVERGROUND STATIONS? LIKE HERE 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.630129,-73.9818216,435a,20y,90h,41.59t/data=!3m1!1e3.  

AND UNDERGROUND LIKE THIS

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6117552,-73.9819181,398a,20y,81.5h/data=!3m1!1e3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jstatha said:

ANY CHANCE ANY OF THESE STATIONS CAN BECOME OVER ROAD PLOPPABLE LIKE MrMaison's NYC SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN? ;AND WILL THERE BE ANY STATIONS THAT CAN SUPPORT 3 OR 4 TRACK STATION LIKE NYC MTA OVERGROUND STATIONS? LIKE HERE 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.630129,-73.9818216,435a,20y,90h,41.59t/data=!3m1!1e3.  

AND UNDERGROUND LIKE THIS

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6117552,-73.9819181,398a,20y,81.5h/data=!3m1!1e3

 

YES, 3 OR 4 TRACK ISLAND PLATFORMS ARE PLANNED ALONG WITH SUNKEN STATIONS IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT PREVIOUS PAGES YOU WILL SEE THOSE STATIONS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THANKS @R3V0. WILL GO PERFECTLY WITH MY BROOKLYN AND MANHATTAN MAPS IVE BEEN WORKING ON.  JUST FINISHING UP HAND MODIFYING ROADS. IS IT RECOMENDED TO EVEN WORK ON MY TRAIN LAYOUT OR JUST WAIT FOR MoM TO COME OUT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I decided to make a station, this time a large central station inspired by Shibuya Station in Tokyo. (I was actually originally going to do a straight model of Shibuya Station but decided not to). Anyways as nice as it looks I can't really get it to work in the game. I want to believe it has something to do with the Sub-Buildings enabler mod. What's not seen is the 2 underground Metro Platforms, meaning this station has 3 Metro stations 2 Underground in a + configuration and an above ground one like at Shibuya Station.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20161122163922_1.jpg

20161122163907_1.jpg

20161122163828_1.jpg

20161122163816_1.jpg

20161122163757_1.jpg

20161122163745_1.jpg

20161122163733_1.jpg

20161122163713_1.jpg

20161122163649_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JSF-1

Your station doesn't look like anything....

 

Because your images are invisible, I believe it's due to the number or their size. Could you update them as imgur links or give links instead ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By Hal Wing 917
      I am feeling really stupid.
      I had a wide array of custom content - lots, buildings, parks, transportation, etc. - and I had to reformat my computer. After reinstalling SimCity 4 Deluxe Version, I've downloaded a handful of the previous mods, but only one parks download even shows up on any of the in-game menus. I've tried unzipping downloads into every possible folder, but still get nothing. It's not like the old "brown box" problem that happens when you don't have the dependency files.
      I have Windows 7, if that makes any difference.
    • By BloodyPenguin
      http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183931915



    • By olegario39
      I downloaded the Heretic Seaport Project as well as its dependencies, but the railway textures are still missing. And I already downloaded the railway textures.
      What did I do wrong to cause this issue?
    • By BloodyPenguin
      http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176756723

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections