DaHindi

Paradox Logo Loading Screen Freeze

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hey Guys,

I have the following problem:

First of all after a while of not playing i wanted to start again. Game loaded, the Map Editor -> Freezing halfway. Bit of testing and reloading. I deactivated all mods and assets in the content manager. It worked. Then i wanted to go back to main menu -> CTD. Ok restart, but now the game is freezing at the paradox logo.

So i searched a bit and found out, that unsubbing mods helps. So i put the 255710 Workshop folder to the desktop and game loadded fine. If i put assets back in the folder, they're showing up ingame. Mods not. If i put the whole folder back with all mods and assets its again the paradox logo freeze.

My idea was that maybe the improved assets panel made it possible to load it in the first way but im not able to get it running again (paradox freeze or if i put only this mod in the folder it doesn't show up. Already tested a few other mods, there not showing up in content manager, too...

Any Idea?

My game completely crashes at the Paradox logo... I have the game on Steam and I used to be able to run Steam in offline mode and it would work, now not even that is working. :???:

• Original Poster
  • @collgab I ran it in offline mode and already in online mode, makes no difference

@judazzz You gave me a bit of hope, but i already subbed to the Mod. My main problem is, that i can't get the mods working anymore. If i have the hole workshop folder it freezes at paradox screen. If i put the mods manually in the empty folder, theyre not showing up ingame. Assets are showing up, if i add them manually.

but i only tried it with a few mods, maybe isolated alone workes, but i dont think so...

I have the same problem.  I can't play the game with any workshop subscription.  Mod or asset.  I have deleted all of my saved games and maps and the only way to play the game now is with -noWorkshop -disableMods in the launch parameters.  I can unsub to anything and I just get the logo screen.

This is frustrating.  I can't play the game and between 8 minute load times, updates that absolutely crush mods and assets I am just about ready to give up.  As it is I have no save game files anymore because of this update.

• Original Poster
  • You can go to the workshop folder SteamApps/workshop/content/ and then move the 255710 folder to the desktop. This way i can play, but only without mods. I'm actually trying a bit with moving the assets asset per asset back and try if it works. i actually got a mod working. I'll test a bit further and maybe find a solution

• Original Poster
  • Ok i got a mod running, but others (for example configural slope limits are not showing up :()

the isolated failures mod is now in the game, so how can i find out, why a mod is not loading?

• Original Poster
  • now it gets weird. The mods (despite 25 tiles - which was working all the time) could be choosen ingame if i subbed to them ingame via the workshop. So i thought ok, would be a long way, but maybe i can get them running again. But a quick test and restart only showed the 25 tiles again :(

Now im really frustrated. Is that a common problem, that the mods are "disappearing"?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ronyx69
        So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
        I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
        Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
        Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
        By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
        Not sure when they're going to be done and available.

• By mitch1238
        Edit: Both are done: 

The taxiway needs some polishing, but I'm up against a hard stop with the runway currently. I have a functional asset, but it looks like garbage and I suspect it's because of the RoadAI that came over from my template. 
        Can changing network prefab AIs only be done with scripts/the existing workshop mod? I've gone pretty deep into the Scene Explorer in ModTools trying to find a way to overwrite the existing AI, but it all seems to loop back on itself in a giant circle, and the Asset AI Changer mod predates the Road Editor by quite a bit. I've hit the limit of my current knowledge/experience. 
        -----
        Anyway, the taxiway (which will get an update once I sort this AI issue out, hopefully) is live. Feel free to mess around with this to your heart's content:
        https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389032956
        This is my first "real" mod. It's probably not as clean as it should be, but I'm hoping it'll be a template for future content. Thanks to @Badi_Dea for the ModTools tutoring.

• By STApps
        Hi there,
        I've been told to post here in a comment to my reddit post, I hope that this is the correct section.
        I'm not a modder and I don't have enough experience with Unity3d/time to do this by myself, so I'm posting here to see if someone can help me.
        My mod allows to build parallel roads easily, and judging from the response on the linked reddit post, it's something that a lot of players were waiting for. However, for the reasons stated before, I can't seem to be able to create a good and working UI, meaning that I won't be able to release it in a short timeframe.
        Here's what I need:
        A draggable window with tabs support for future updates (just like in Network Skins) Two buttons on top right corner, one is a checkbox used to enable/disable the mod while the other one is a button to add more rows in the panel below A panel containing a variable number of rows (either using a scrollbar or increasing the panel's height), items are added using the second button above Each row is composed by 2x UITextInput, a UIDropDown, 2x UIButton (one should be hidden on the first row only) The second button must have a "x" icon and it's needed to remove rows An icon showing two parallel roads with all the visual states needed for a checkbox An icon with an arrow pointing down (not just the triangle, I need the entire arrow), with the same requirements as the other icon What I have now? Just the template for the rows, and I'm not even sure if it's fully working.
        I understand that I'm asking a lot, but I can't really work on this UI because, besides the lack of time and knowledge, my dev environment is in a virtual machine and I can't even debug, making the entire experience quite frustrating.
        If someone is willing to help, here's a link to my GitHub repository.
        Thank you for your time!