Avanya

Avanya's buildings (Update 13/11: Arid cliffs and rocks released)

741 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Thank you very much! *:D Being part of this community and seeing my stuff used is the best reward, but a little money helps me justify spending alot of time on creating assets. *;)

Good point with those trucks and there's prob even more of a demand after Shroomblaze's trucks seemed somehow connected to flickering vehicles. :) 

+1 for American style big rigs, I'd love to see you two come up with some amazing things together, and the best part of all, twice as fast! *:thumb:

It's always a pleasure seeing your work

• Original Poster
  • @bsquiklehausen I had a feeling American trucks would make more sense for yours. I think I'm good with the model - got a nice bunch of pics to work from. I gotta say though they're huge! Is it typical for them to have those larger sleeping quarters behind the cabin? I kinda feel for the European drivers - there's a big difference in space that's for sure! :P (ofc the best comparison pic I could find quick was from the truck simulator games xD )

For the European trucks I'll prob do some tweeks to the Scania truck by Onion_Jack. Lower the tris a bit (can get it to 1k just fine) and add some detail to the texture (the trucks around here usually have a bit of design on them - mostly lines and some text - but I rarely see any unmarked ones)

Wow, they are just great.

Any chance you will also make some intermodal trailers? Could be DFDS, DSV, Wetron, BAS and so on. Would realy like them, just as tanktainers. Well I should learn how to do it myself lol.

Keep up the good work!

• Original Poster
  • Thank you! ^^ I'm not sure what you mean, could you perhaps grab some pictures of examples? I won't be doing any real world brands though - I prefer it when the game has it's own and at least for now I don't plan on adding more container brands. *:)

I got some work done on an American truck. Far from done, but at least the overall shape feels right. :P Gotta add a few more parts and then get rid of extra tris. Atm it's 1.4k but I'm hoping I can get it closer to 1k.

WIP.png

Intermodal trailers are trailers which can be transported on a train as well. Nowadays you will see trains with containers and trailers coming by very often.

DFDS

Wetron

The yellow plates on the trailer are for the reachstackers or cranes to load and unload. Actually it are just trailers, but they have the plated and an other framework. I wish I could do them myself but I have no idea how.

• Original Poster
  • I do plan on trains with these containers on, so that's just a matter of time. :) Once I'm done with the trucks, trains and container stacks I'll move on to another project though. 

If you're interested in trying your hand at making stuff, then there's always this heavy truck template you could start with. You could totally make the DFDS trailer from this without needing to model - it will just be texture work. :)

Looking good so far, are there any plans on making small container trucks? Similar to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782886986 or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643229471 or maybe even other interesting varieties like http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754279349.

I prefer using big trucks as props and smaller trucks for the actual logistics .. Wish there was a mod to set which truck model is used by each industry and commercial and then assign bigger trucks just for export or something.

• Original Poster
  • @accapulco Totally! I'm not sure if it'll be right after the other container projects or if I'll have a little break from containers and work on some other assets. It depends on how bored I am from importing container assets. :P But they're definately on my to-do list. :)

Could I make a request? I love that brick fence you made for your old factories. I find myself using it for more than just that. It's a really nice decorative brick/iron fence for putting out front of a house, or around an outdoor dining area.

Could you make longer sections? Like 4x and 8x?

• Original Poster
  • In case you missed them I released my containers on @Tim The Terrible's container car model here. Since then I've gotten them ready for trains and found an engine to use (recolor, not a new model by me), but I've run into a problem. :( Seems the Asset Vehicle Editor mod is not working - at least I can't get it to save, which means only one trailer variation. Do any of you guys have an idea for what to do? With all the trailers releasing a train with varying trailers is kind of a must, so I'm hoping there's another way or another mod to let me do this.

3 hours ago, Avanya said:

Do any of you guys have an idea for what to do?

I haven't used it in a while, but I remember it can behave weird. One thing I remembered is that you get one chance to save the train. If you change anything after saving, it will result in a train with only Trailer0's (first trailer). So my tip: set everything in the default UI (Color Variations, Number of Trailers etc.) then do all the AVE settings, and finish by saving with the AVE Save button. Made a mistake? Start all over again (from choosing template onward)

• Original Poster
  • Ty, I'll try that and see if it wants to play along a little at least.

Edit: No luck sadly. Doesn't matter if it's from a fresh load of the game or not. It simply doesn't save at all. So sad. :( (Also I realized I messed up my oil trains since I had forgotten all about needing the mod to save)

19 hours ago, Avanya said:

Ty, I'll try that and see if it wants to play along a little at least.

Edit: No luck sadly. Doesn't matter if it's from a fresh load of the game or not. It simply doesn't save at all. So sad. :( (Also I realized I messed up my oil trains since I had forgotten all about needing the mod to save)

in the comments on Asset Vehicle Editor someone has commented a link to an updated version of the mod (not the original author - which is why it wasn't updated properly) I downloaded it and it seems to work :)

• Original Poster
  • 41 minutes ago, Bad Peanut said:

in the comments on Asset Vehicle Editor someone has commented a link to an updated version of the mod (not the original author - which is why it wasn't updated properly) I downloaded it and it seems to work :)

Wow, I must have been a little tired yesterday! xD There was both a fixed version and a link to the mod bsquiklehausen mentioned. Trains incoming later today/tonight. :D

3 minutes ago, Avanya said:

Trains released and I'm really looking forward to doing some non-container things again. :D Love all the containers, but it does get a little boring looking at the same stuff this long. ;) 

Container train 3A.jpg

have you had any trouble uploading today? I've been trying in the last half hour and I can't :( just keeps telling me there's no connection (but my internet is fine)