anselm_eickhoff

The Road to Alpha, Week 89 - Theory and Practice

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well, I am glad you have finally decided on your multitasking technique, of which there are several.  Shared memory is probably the quickest and makes a nice save file image, of course.  I didn't see anything in this presentation about deadly embrace or race condition prevention, but I guess you have figured out a way to gate the list, probably using a semaphore system.

I get the impression you are writing your own graphics presentation engine.  Have you considered other options such as ogre?  You can go multilingual from your base, so you shouldn't have any real problem creating a wrapper for it, if one does not already exist for Java Script.

I assume you will be needing an operating system that will be able to use both segmentation and paging for memory management as well as multitasking.  How large a process are you envisioning?

One is forced to assume that a trip to Italy is for the nice weather and the food and is therefore a holiday.  Have a good time.

Liked how well you explained things for us lamens.  Enough info, and done visually, so that I can understand what's going on, without the crossed eyes and headache of trying to figure out what terms I've never herd of mean.  Do you have any update on when y'all think a playable alpha release will be?

The end of the video reminds me of the dogs in the movie UP!...

Edited by Architechnid  

I would like to have AE add in more random nature clips at the end of his future videos, because they are very entertaining.

At first you didn't want it.  What changed your mind?

I would like to have AE add in more random nature clips at the end of his future videos, because they are very entertaining.

At first you didn't want it.  What changed your mind?

I meant to say "out of place" in a good way.

Hmmm.  I don't know how to do that.  This phrase is rather semantically negative.  Perhaps "interesting" might have been what you meant.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Larma
      My game crashes about 5 minutes into loading a map even on vanilla (-noWorkshop -noMods). I'm guessing it has something to do with my RAM based on similar posts, but  shouldn't 8gb of ram enough even for the un-modded game?
      The full log
      E: My specs:
      Operating System
          Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      CPU
          AMD FX-8320   
          Vishera 32nm Technology
      RAM
          8,00Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 722MHz (9-9-9-24)
      Motherboard
          ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)   
      Graphics
          S22B300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
          V226HQL (1920x1080@60Hz)
          4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte)   
      Storage
          931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)  
          100GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SATA)   
          930GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SATA)   
      Optical Drives
          ASUS DRW-24F1ST a
      Audio
          Realtek High Definition Audio
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Two different authors have had their assets break in the last 24h after trying to update them. I wonder if CO changed something? 
      broken satellite dish prop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904028991
      broken ferry: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111278454

In the main menu when I went to "ASSETS", modtools spat out an Image Error. And C:S showed wrong thumbnails for those assets.

anybody know what may be going on?

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      I frequently run walking or biking paths next to roads, painstakingly aligned for aesthetics w/ MoveIt. When I want to change the road type, or even simply change the network skin, it destroys all of my nearby paths. Is there a way to update a road type non-destructively? This has been a nuisance for a year now and I guess I finally feel like posting about it.

I've had to either a. rebuild everything that it destroys, or b. drag stuff away from the update in advance, and then drag the stuff back. Since my stuff is usually heavily layered, both of these solutions suck. Do you guys have any ideas?
    • By Don_Pato

2012, Jarunja City - The government became Tennis, a serious sport. In effect was built the Jarunja Open Stadium. This event is the most important in the region.