4. mrsmartman

mrsmartman

5. Cool_Z

Cool_Z

6. destruz

destruz

• Similar Content

• By Xephren
      Vanuatu is a South Pacific Ocean nation made up of roughly 80 islands that stretch 1,300 kilometers. The islands offer scuba diving at coral reefs, underwater caverns and wrecks such as the WWII-era troopship SS President Coolidge. Harborside Port Vila, the nation’s capital and economic center, is on the island of Efate. The city is home to the Vanuatu National Museum, which explores the nation’s Melanesian culture.
    • By Robban040
      Current project:
      Recreating my hometown of Malmö/Sweden with as much detail and resemblance as possible, despite the somewhat limited choice of buildings on the workshop :-)

(go to the last page of this journal for more screenshots)

So I decided to start a new project, mainly due to the fact that my last city kept on crashing since the last patch.
      So anyway here it goes!;
      We start on small scale with a small village in a tropical mountainous landscape.

With such hot climate there quite alot of power demand keeping all those AC's up and running!

The railyard with the power plant in the background.

One of the highways going through the area. It aint cheap building those bridges!

• By AvgUsr
      Preface
      Hello all! This thread will feature several cities that i am building. They represent a fictional European kingdom that in real life would be somewhere around Denmark and Germany but with slightly milder weather (I do not have Snowfall). The cities would have nonsensical Germanic names and most of the cities would have a more European theme.
      Before someone get twitchy at the word "reich", it simply means empire in German. My Cims are not ... well, you know.
      A tour of Nordreich part 1: Schlossberg
      Welcome to Nordreich, a nation of happy, friendly and hard working people. The empire was created 200 years ago from a loose confederation of 7 duchies and principalities, and since then it has been guided by the goals of prosperity, freedom, and progress.
      Schlossberg is a coastal city of about 200,000 people. Before the creation of the empire, the city was the  capital of the Duchy of Schlossberg. Today, it is governed by a democratically elected provincial assembly, while the Duke retains his nominal role as the leader of the duchy.
      Traveling to Schlossberg is easy. International travelers are welcome via the international airport.

Meanwhile domestic flights are welcomed through the smaller Schlossberg North Regional airport:

Passengers would be treated to a breathtaking Aerial view of the city while they are still up in the air, especially at night:

The city is also easily accessible by train and by cruise ships. In fact it is such a popular destination for cruise ships that the has 3 cruise ports to handle the many travelers coming and going.

Meanwhile, travelers by rail would arrive at the new Central Station, a regional transport hub that is also home to several subway lines and inner-city train routes that makes traveling within the city a breeze and car free.

Once you arrive, there are plenty to see and enjoy all over the city. Here are some highlights:
      The Old Lighthouse is one of the oldest buildings in the city. Although no longer functional, today it is a popular location for tourists and locals searching for a romantic location to get married. A small team of provincial officers are there to conduct on site weddings for everyone who wish to tie the knot.

The Basilica by the Sea is located near the site of the former cargo port. Originally built to pray for safety of seamen and remember those who were lost at sea, today it is a museum that commemorates the empire's role during the age of exploration and discovery. Around the Basilica is the Beach and Seaside district, home to major hotels, museums, and other leisure businesses.

These include the panda sanctuary, a gift from the Chinese government

One of the newest attractions of the city is the new Central park, located in the outer city district.

And finally, the Schlossberg Palace and Gardens is one of the most popular destinations in the city, attracting thousands and thousands of visitors. Built around 200 years ago, the palace is the official part-time residence for the royal family, as well as the full-time residence of the duke and his court. The gardens was a partial replica of the larger imperial gardens in the capital of Reichsstadt, and it is open to the public. 

In the next entry: transportation and living in Schlossberg: green spaces, more attractions, and monuments.

• By 1081p
      Notes and stuff: One day, I was looking at the forums (before I registered.) I say a section marked 'City Journals'. I thought 'Hey, that section looks nice, maybe I'll find a nice city timeline in there.' 
      *click*
      Immediately, I saw a thread marked 'Skylines of Cathnoquey.' I thought 'That looks interesting, I should read it.'
      *click*
      I spent the next 3 hours reading it.
      (Good job Linoa, your journal is one of the best I've seen)
      After I was done, I wanted more. Much more. I waited for updates.
      *One week passes*
      Nope.
      *One month passes* 
      Nope.
      *One year passes*
      Still nope.
      There finally was an update in November 2017. I was excited! I thought the series would be revived.
      That was the last update before now.
      (If the author has real-life problems, I understand.) There seemed to be a big hole where the 'Organic City Timeline Journals' category was.
      At this point, my interest in C:S began to rise again. I thought 'Why not make a city journal?' So I did. I tried to make one and lost the save file. 
      (I just remade it.)
      The town that I remade I wanted to be the first town to have the city journal focused on. I hope to update this one until I lose interest within a month for at least a few years until my SSD has no more room for my save files. That town's name was Lynnfield (Named for a reason that you maybe will see once I stop being lazy and make a state map for Lynnfield.)
      So here it is! (Notes are done.) 
      __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
             In northeastern Kabylake province (named for the giant lake in the middle of the province and another hint to where the name Lynnfield came from), at the intersection of Freeway I-670 and A-87 (The major highways in the province) lies a sleepy village by the name of Lynnfield.
      It's an unassuming little town, situated at the tributary of two rivers. This quiet little town of 2.950 hasn't seen much development since its founding a mere 35 years ago.

The city lies just off Freeway A-87. The city is linked to a freeway, connected by a roundabout named Maxwell Circle, aptly named for the giant statue of a GTX 980 in the center. On the other side of the freeway lies the city's farming industry, which has largely driven the local economy and provided the majority of employment in the city.

Freeway A-87, which provides highway access to Lynnfield.

Cosine Co., a major engineering company in Kabylake, recently opened another of its many headquarters, providing Lynnfield citizens an alternative to farm work and a break from the sun and the heat.

Atlantic Salmon Apartments, named for how the colors of the complex resemble the skin and meat of a salmon, is the latest addition to a downtown that otherwise hasn't changed in the past 15 years.

Bob the motorcyclist takes a right turn to the farm he's employed at. He's contemplating leaving the city or applying for a job at Cosine Co., as the city has provided little jobs for college graduates like him.

Lynnfield high school. Built 20 years ago, the school is starting to have an overflow problem and the city, governed by Mayor McFatbags, seems to spend all its budget at improving the Mayor's mansion, so the problem remains. However, elections are coming up, and there's a disruptive candidate that gives the previously uncontesed (for reasons that the city absolutely does not want to disclose) mayor McFatbags a run for his money.

The intersection of Blemont and 7th street, the main East-West and North-South axes of the town. Plans to upgrade the roads and potentially accommodate more new citizens have been stalled by the mayor's monopolistic council, but as mentioned before, there a a wave of young Lynnfielders who are tired of stagnation and corruption in the city and running for a spot in city council and even mayor.

The city hall.
      The 2 main highways near the city provide the city a huge opportunity as a transportation hub, which many of the young Lynnfielders running for city council or Mayor are hoping to take advantage of. Being the largest town within a few tens of miles with low tax rates and easy accessibility, maybe the city will grow some day...
      That's it for today! There probably will be more tomorrow, considering how excited I am at continuing this. This is my first CJ, so feedback is strongly appreciated.
      Edit: Ideas for future updates and mods/assets are also appreciated. The map is Copper Creek, if anyone's curious.

• By Xephren
      The Solomon Islands, a nation of hundreds of islands in the South Pacific, has many WWII-era sites. Guadalcanal, a province and one of the archipelago’s largest islands, honors fallen Allied soldiers at its U.S. War Memorial. Guadalcanal is also home to the nation’s capital, Honiara, whose bustling Central Market showcases the islands’ produce and traditional handicrafts.
      The country has 600k people spread across 6 large islands and many smaller ones