Mr_Maison

Mr_Maison's Creations [Pruned Date Palm Set Released! 11/16/2017]

337 posts in this topic Last Reply

Nice coconuts. I expect to see them all over Seenu & the Seenu maps of Strictoaster followers.

I was wondering if you would consider doing a Lime tree? They are essential to Berlin (the main boulevard down the center of Berlin is called "Unter den Linden"... under the lime trees). They are also called Tilia. 

I would be forever obliged!

• Original Poster
  • My first flowering grasses....Pampas Grass is now on workshop! Add some color to your foliage with these giant grasses. I have many more grass assets in the works. More info in Steam description.

w5m3Hu1.jpg

W4x3brK.jpg

pFvcUdG.jpg

meMXLFg.jpg

Steam Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887048609

I thought the scale looked off too. They look great, but they seem extremely tall. They're towering well over the first story of the houses. That's one tall flower. It should be probably one quarter or even one eighth the size.

• Original Poster
  • Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, Darf said:

These look very colorfull! Some pretty flowers. :)  Scale looks a bit off though.

These plants can grow to be giants so I went for maximum scale. There are many species. I will include the wiki page in the description.

HoDXdS5.jpg

33TcdE9.jpg

Edited by Mr_Maison  

Corected information and added image

• Original Poster
  • 3 hours ago, Matthias King said:

Wow. Objection withdrawn. I've never seen anything like that, so I had no idea it grew that tall.

Sorry.

Actually you and Darf got me thinking. I decided to reduce the size by a few feet. They will still be tall though. So I say thank you. I think they will fit in more situations at a slightly smaller scale.

1 hour ago, Mr_Maison said:

Actually you and Darf got me thinking. I decided to reduce the size by a few feet. They will still be tall though. So I say thank you. I think they will fit in more situations at a slightly smaller scale.

You're welcome, though I feel bad now making you go back and alter it when I was totally wrong. I broke my rule of not speaking when I don't actually know.

Looks wonderful!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887657487

Looking forward to see more grasses and "Lantana idea" I got to you via steam pm :rofl:(SonOfNitrousMSK)

Here's some Park growing, will be renamed from "fps killer" to "Lord Maison's national park" after its finished :party:

Srry for impolite upper left corner. don't have any other scr atm

YecWe0eHcDM.jpg

• Original Poster
  • 3 hours ago, Alexgru88 said:

Looks wonderful!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887657487

Looking forward to see more grasses and "Lantana idea" I got to you via steam pm :rofl:(SonOfNitrousMSK)

Here's some Park growing, will be renamed from "fps killer" to "Lord Maison's national park" after its finished :party:

Srry for impolite upper left corner. don't have any other scr atm

That's a very nice park you have there :) And thanks for the great compliment. *:8)

• Original Poster
  • On 3/26/2017 at 0:25 PM, Judazzz said:

Sublime tree, your Weeping Willow gets incrementally better with each new version!!! :wub:

Is the 9MB for one asset, or is it a pack of trees?

On 3/26/2017 at 3:26 PM, Avanya said:

My guess would be the one tree. It's the 2048x2048 textures doing it (I've got a diffuse, normal and specular of the same resolution sitting at 8MB)

Thank you!

Yes it's the textures including the normal map. I went with the bigger size so the leaves won't look like a mess and maintain that grassy feel.

• Original Poster
  • Finally I finished the Royal Palm tree. It's a 2 piece set with medium-large and a small version. This was the most challenging palm tree I made so far because the fronds are not as straight forward as most palms so keeping the tri count down wasn't easy. My aim is to add more variety for our tropical maps. Much more to come :)

h6CrU8f.jpg

mxgU7M1.jpg

X8sU243.jpg

6WgOcRi.jpg

7FCryry.jpg

av42DyS.jpg

Steam Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909448182&tscn=1492704615

Posted (edited)

That's amazing one. :thumb:

I'll post screenshots "before-after.

Is there any chance of getting white bloom?

And here it comes!

Edited by Alexgru88  

RedditLink

3 hours ago, Mr_Maison said:

Wow. I got featured in Waypoint! So far it's a very rewarding experience modding for this game. Thanks to everyone for your support, your help and inspiration. I'll leave the link to my first gaming related interview right here with my creation journal *:8)

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-modder-who-spends-hundreds-of-hours-building-trees-for-cities-skylines

The Modder Who Spends Hundreds of Hours Building Trees for 'Cities: Skylines' This heading makes me wonder the rest of article and it is like summary of your workshop congrats *:)