TPB

Show us what you're working on!

619 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm looking to get the agriculture in my tropical city to look a bit more fitting. The goal is to have seamless large fields, but I still want to keep going with growables. To achieve a uniform look, level 1 and level 2 growables should look mostly the same.

I guess Mr. Maison's bananas and coconuts are a good start. Coconuts have the advantage that the recommended planting distance in RL is pretty much exactly 8 meters, which fits this game perfectly.

E4081BEBB6DCA02356BA8351627CE429FA473FF2

From the top, it looks quite convincing (bananas to the left, medium coconut trees to the right):

5CD0D94713A70140E01ACE625184F814EC1CC588

The bananas need to become denser I would say. Recommended planting distances in RL are something between 2 and 4 meters, depending on variety, and I would say that Mr. Maison's bananas should work with doubling the number of plants, which would still allow for different lot sizes to work together seamlessly.

When I use the short coconut trees, the result looks very uniform:

8A56F5E6859E27BCF771B3B8FDD8427D37FD8EDF

Now I just have to learn how to do this properly. The template I used for the banana fields seems to not really want to grow, and I faked the building situation of the level 1 versions by shrinking the building (I guess that's not exactly how it's supposed to be done). I'll have some reading to do.

Next would be forestry. Rainbow gums would be the best fit, but I think the Mountain Ash will do as a good replacement.

3 hours ago, Arnold J. Rimmer said:

Bi-directional experiment with road works

What i really demand is button in Traffic President: hide props of traffic lights

Then if you care about that there be only static instead dynamic traffic lights.

If you set interval correctly, i am sure that gonna be almost perfect. Of course this cannot be used in dense areas.

These screens are what i want as final result. I disabled timed traffic lights to hide them. (They are placed so bad by default - cannot change position)

What you think?

Hope you enjoy!

20170918012743_1.jpg

20170918012756_1.jpg

20170918012809_1.jpg

20170918012840_1.jpg

Nick work mate.

Current vanilla work in progress is the cargo harbor infrastructure for Fairview Shores.  Each of these rail lines will service a different district in the future (they are not yet developed), and one rail line connects to generic industrial areas in the city.  The area surrounding this will have a small generic industry area as well.  Obviously the roads need some work yet, but it will get there.  

20170921071218_1.jpg

20170921071143_1.jpg

20170921071151_1.jpg

20170921071229_1.jpg

I am currently working on my new City....well, more like a small tourist town. These are my first set of residences. By clipping buildings together using various mods, I'm able to get these bigger looking homes. 

You can check how I put it all together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luMgUjN4URI&list=PL9puOci8h7qWNRek6k57EoIoA4-HeDYFo&index=5

akzpu0t2mrrz.png

1 minute ago, Sanctum Gamer said:

I am currently working on my new City....well, more like a small tourist town. These are my first set of residences. By clipping buildings together using various mods, I'm able to get these bigger looking homes. 

You can check how I put it all together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luMgUjN4URI&list=PL9puOci8h7qWNRek6k57EoIoA4-HeDYFo&index=5

akzpu0t2mrrz.png

Looking good dude.