Vahr

Show Us Your Interchanges

608 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 07/08/2017 at 5:29 PM, Arnold J. Rimmer said:

Here is showcase as I said

Hope you enjoy!

Great work there. Very smooth and the ramps gradients look great too

Here's a couple of images of an interchange I did in my vanilla let's play series, Fairview Shores.  This is currently the main entrance into the city, though the city will soon be getting a new CBD in a different area.  The four sides of the roundabout include the highway, a farming area, a generic industrial area, and a low density commercial/residential area.  Underneath the roundabout is a park along with a rail line connecting the farms to the generic industry.

20170819065409_1.jpg

20170819065343_1.jpg

My most recent highway exit. I've since added the rest of the roundabout exits and modified the surrounding road network to fit more nicely around it (the original grid layout came before the highway was built). I didn't bother fussing with merge lanes since the highway is at about a 10-12 degree incline in order to gain enough height for ships to pass under the suspension bridge just off-screen, and jagged slopes upset me. The second image is a rendering of how the whole junction exists in my head with my own set of traffic laws.

stadiuminterchange2-png.316577

stadiuminterchange-png.316576

I'll post more images of the completed area when I get home in a few days.

I was a member here some 7-8 years ago, back in my SC4 days. Recently started getting properly into C:S, so I thought I'd make a return here by showing off a few interchanges in the mostly finished areas in my first proper city *:D

This is the interchange on the starting tile, and is currently the main highway access for a number of businesses - and about 85.000 souls. While I left most of the original thing intact, I did add a sort-of C/E system that heads to an industrial area, which can be accessed in 4 ways (main highway, the 2 avenues, and a tunnel that also connects to the 6 lane avenue, which starts in the main suburb and goes underneath another river just outside of the top of this shot)

4aJwvSN.jpg

Now going to that industrial area, this is the first proper interchange I made myself. I hate it now. Rebuilt the entire thing once to smoothen out a big curve outside of the shot. Recently added the road connections as a relief to another interchange, and that tunnel also connects to a road for the same reason.

Sqe1daI.jpg

Oh yeah, that interchange kinda continues.

lfskTpk.jpg

Okay, here's the whole thing. And If I actually stick to my plans for once then that unfinished area on the right is going to be downtown.

YwGftVI.jpg