Cyclone Boom

Cities: Skylines - Community Modding Requests

538 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm willing to overhaul the whole tram network but I just don't have the time at the moment. First MOM, then another secret project (You should know if you know me). Eventually I will get around it, with help of coders.

Seems I posted this on the wrong page originally.. opps

Anyway, Can anyone assist me with my new project, I require two assets build, a house and a barn for my new Cities Skylines Project.

See below:

House: 
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/8/8c/Hershel's_Farm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120713214256

Barn: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/1/14/Hershel's_Barn.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111130021850
67082a11f6a9a80d9e192c2df51421e9.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone,
It's been a long time since I've been to Simtropolis.. a lot has changed..*:thumb:
Nice to see they have a Cities Skylines section as well..*:golly: and good thing I found a mod request topic

Because... what I wanted to ask is if anyone could make a Shinkansen E4 MAX for the game..
I have tried 3D modelling myself.. but it just isn't cut out for me.. I've tried, and I've failed.. many times.. :]

I would like to have this one in the game for those high capacity train routes.. plus it looks awesome.. and it's a nice addition to the Shinkansen we already have in the Workshop
I know we already have the TGV Duplex and that you can change the amount of passengers with IPT etc..
But personally, I'm not a big fan of the TGV trains because of the 2 powercars.. More a fan of EMU's (Electrical Multiple Units) that can seat passengers in all cars.. Like the ICE-3.

I already searched for the dimensions of the train since I tried modelling it myself.. but failed :]
Head/Tail car; 25,7m (84ft. 4in.)
Middle cars; 25m (82ft.)
Width; 3,38m (11ft. 1in.)
Height; 4,485m (14ft. 8in.) <-- Not sure if this height includes the pantographs but I think not

All E4's are 8 car trainsets with cars 4 and 6 having the pantograph on top.
There are also 16 car trainsets with 2 8 car sets combined.

I hope to see it in our games soon.
Thanks if anyone is willing to do it..

Best regards,

440px-JR_East_Shinkansen_E4.jpg

E4Tokyo640p.jpg

KAT-10293-2.jpg

P14_Max_Toki_321_Takasaki_20060115.JPG

I would honestly love it, if people could make more London train stations. I think that now that we have mass transit coming out, stations like Victoria or Waterloo would be awesome to have as hubs.. just a thought.. plus, they look awesome!

I would like to request a mod that forces oil/coal power plants as well as boiler stations to prioritize existing local resources first before importing them from outside.

My city produces a lot of oil and ore yet they rarely supply the power plants/boiler stations in my city and as a result they have to import those resources in which often results in running out of supply before they could be resupplied. Been suffering from blackouts now and then because of this stupid mechanic.

Not exactly a request, but I would like to know the link to the workshop items the following images are showing, I can't seem to find them myself.

A8E16DC2F64C0EFE49C598DFED70B1285B597A28

7186AB386057BC915DF279B11E95C266C9FE8B50

B1F5263C350EC5E79EB71EFFA2BDDA7E0D5FD3A0

I would really like a mod that would set zoning maybe a half space back from the road and fill it in with cement or something. It would make service vehicles and delivery trucks move off the street when they do their thing and not block traffic.

15 hours ago, jumonjii said:

I would really like a mod that would set zoning maybe a half space back from the road and fill it in with cement or something. It would make service vehicles and delivery trucks move off the street when they do their thing and not block traffic.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but with 'Move-It' and 'Disable Zoning Check' you can effectively do exactly what you want, though you would have to move them manually. But once you do, they stay where you put them and won't despawn. Problem solved.

To fill in the concrete you can either use 'Surface Painter' or one of the concrete brushes on the workshop. There's 1x1 and other sizes. Very handy if you don't already have them.

Also, if you don't already have 'Control Level-up' you should get that too, as it will lock a building's level, for anytime you want to keep a low level building you like and not have it be replaced by leveling up.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Matthias King said:

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but with 'Move-It' and 'Disable Zoning Check' you can effectively do exactly what you want, though you would have to move them manually. But once you do, they stay where you put them and won't despawn. Problem solved.

To fill in the concrete you can either use 'Surface Painter' or one of the concrete brushes on the workshop. There's 1x1 and other sizes. Very handy if you don't already have them.

Also, if you don't already have 'Control Level-up' you should get that too, as it will lock a building's level, for anytime you want to keep a low level building you like and not have it be replaced by leveling up.

Good luck.

This is exactly how I do it....except I go a full square. It would be nice to have a mod to take out the steps...and maybe so it's not a full square back... just enough so the vehicles get out of the road.

On 2017-6-7 at 7:15 AM, .Del said:

Not exactly a request, but I would like to know the link to the workshop items the following images are showing, I can't seem to find them myself.

B1F5263C350EC5E79EB71EFFA2BDDA7E0D5FD3A0

How can i find these animated billboards?

Hey, 

I am preparing for Hollywood Boulevard, walk of fame we have in workshop what is really nice. But what i missing and it adds real feeling is this bus.

(bus vehicle + prop version would be cool)

If anyone will have mood and time for it, i would appreciate much!

Thanks!

26363b-GTA5%202017-04-30%2017-07-10-21.j

Would it be easy to make an Unlimited Districts mod, that allows you to -- you guessed it -- make an unlimited number of districts? Would be useful in combination with district service mods, neighbourhood themes, etc.

We need more fruit and nut trees. Right now on the workshop, we only have apple, orange, and coconut. The banana "trees" (herbs, techincally) don't even have bananas! Some possible ideas (its too bad we can't make columns on posts):

• Almond
  • Apricot
  • Banana
  • Cherry
  • Chestnut
  • Cocoa
  • Coffee
  • Date
  • Durian
  • Fig
  • Kiwi
  • Lemon
  • Lime
  • Lychee
  • Mango
  • Mangosteen
  • Olive
  • Papaya
  • Passionfruit
  • Peach
  • Pear
  • Pecan
  • Persimmon
  • Pineapple
  • Pitaya (Dragonfruit)
  • Pistachio
  • Pomegranate
  • Plum
  • Quince
  • Starfruit
  • Tamarind
  • Vanilla
  • Walnut

On 28. 7. 2017 at 6:44 PM, MisterBlueStar4 said:

We need some actual turning lanes for roads such as this for network extensions.

Related image

Exactly this road 2+2 + middle turning lane for both directions (with tmpe you set direction you want with lane connector) and its actually working perfect. And it is in Network Extensions.

MAP EDITOR : In-Game Road Behavior

As you know roads are a bit elevated in map editor, not snapped to the ground like in-game. And this prevents us to check if there is any texture failure at sharp road junctions have been built by using Road Anarchy mod. So we have to test junctions in-game, by "buying the tiles" and see if there is a problem, then memorize all that and go back in the editor, try to fix and test again and again. Very frustrating.

So I was wondering if it is possible to make map editor tiles behave like in-game "already have been bought" tiles. I believe that would solve that problem and make those roads snapped to the ground. And along with that ability to naming roads in map editor would be also great!

Thanks. Best regards!

On 14. 8. 2017 at 8:46 PM, OWL/SW said:

MAP EDITOR : In-Game Road Behavior

As you know roads are a bit elevated in map editor, not snapped to the ground like in-game. And this prevents us to check if there is any texture failure at sharp road junctions have been built by using Road Anarchy mod. So we have to test junctions in-game, by "buying the tiles" and see if there is a problem, then memorize all that and go back in the editor, try to fix and test again and again. Very frustrating.

So I was wondering if it is possible to make map editor tiles behave like in-game "already have been bought" tiles. I believe that would solve that problem and make those roads snapped to the ground. And along with that ability to naming roads in map editor would be also great!

Thanks. Best regards!

I only know that you can actually import map from savegame into map editor (with trees, roads)...

On 17.8.2017 at 5:22 PM, muska said:

Is there nobody who have the plan for monorail systems? Stations, on 6way roads, etc...

It's not that simple. It would require a new type of network.

Any way someone can release some upper- and lower-case letters as a prop pack? Would be useful to make our own signs etc without having to go into Asset Editor (and the Hollywood ones available are way too big for this). Visible at night (e.g. LEDs) would be even better!

On ‎2017‎년 ‎8‎월 ‎20‎일 at 1:10 AM, boformer said:

It's not that simple. It would require a new type of network.

Yes, I thouhgt that it would be enough with the pillars of "Network Skin" mod and just the station on the 6ways road. But it is unavailable changing the pillars for monorail now. It doesn't work for monorail... It's a shame.