nos.17

nos.17 Lot Development

349 posts in this topic Last Reply

54725831.jpg

Red Roof Inn

...breathing new life into one of the few buildings Bobbo662 actually uploaded...

1763716_orig.png

I will probably forgo the Service Stations for awhile, so expect a Safeway and Sam's Club to be coming up soon.

So i just seen you update projects that you are going to make i just i have to say, OMG! You and B62 are awesome. I loving it all so far, thanks for all of the Buildings you done like Lowes, Targer, Kmart, Others, and i seen the new once, Like walmart, Sam Club, The new Gas Stations, And I seen where lotting aother Lowes, I just wish I could play with them already, But great work you doing, Thanks nos.17, BTW is it true you form Ohio?

Glad you love it all. Yes, I am from Ohio...the heart of it all  :D .

Hell Ya, So am I what part? I live 50 min east of Cincinnati, and 45 min west of Portsmouth. My town a Small Town on the Ohio River.

• Original Poster
  • nos.17, That's hot!

LOL thanks tonyr.

I was feelin' pretty good tonight, so here's two more I knocked out.

70s Style Safeway

9782915_orig.png

Sam's Club

4816819_orig.png

Safeway is pretty much finished. Sam's Club is too, with the exception of the rear. I really am not sure exactly what I want to do with it at this moment. SO FAR there's only 1 dependency ( faint.gif , I know right), so I haven't decided if it is worth it to add another one or if I should make do with existing props. I kinda like the novelty of having a lot with only one dependency though. We'll see how it turns out or if yall have any other suggestions.

I'll be updating with a vengeance; its Winter Break...got nothing better to do.  whistling.gif

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PLS GIFF

Looks spectacular and definitely does not need any more dependencies! The only slight change I might consider is probably to extend the parking lot on the left side towards that rear access door. Other than that, if it were me I'd throw some random shrubs around the grassy areas and call it a day. :rofl:

Keep up the good work!

• Original Poster
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PLS GIFF

Looks spectacular and definitely does not need any more dependencies! The only slight change I might consider is probably to extend the parking lot on the left side towards that rear access door. Other than that, if it were me I'd throw some random shrubs around the grassy areas and call it a day. :rofl:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks kingofsimcity! I appreciate your feedback. See, I'm in the predicament that if I want to add any shrubs etc, I would have to add a dependency. Currently the only one is SHK. I think the plan right now is to make SG Mega Props and optional dependency (if you don't have that already, shame on you...kidding). As for the extended parking, I think I am good. I'd like to keep that side kind of open like it is now. Aww hell, i don't know; I'll see how it looks.........

boxing.gif

Ok two things:

1. 12m or 20m Parking lot lights? I can't decide...  shrug.gif

ZEYE8tt.png

2. I have begun looking at my next lots and this is what I came across. IMHO, its beyond all hope - the proportions are simply too screwed up to be of any use, and its not like it could be fixed with the Model Tweaker. It looks like the front doors are about the same size as the newspaper dispensers.  dazed-7.gif I think this one will never see the light of day. I hope there aren't any objections, cause its goin' to the recycle bin.

F2b6aTj.png

• Original Poster
  • Update time! Yay!  19.gif Its a long one...

Despite my lack of updates, I have been busy. Busy messing with dozens of lots I will never upload, busy with school, busy with other fantastic games such as Mafia II,  CS:GO, Anno 1404, Portal 2, and Just Cause 2. That is to say, I enjoyed my break. Anyways, back to the content.

Service Station Mega-Pack

I have finished lotting all 20 odd lots. When the time comes (soon), I will copy that data and make 20 growable versions. They will look exactly the same as the plops yall see below. Beyond that, the only thing that remains is all the modding: stat setting, custom icons, etc.

As always, I want your feedback, good and bad. (ST autosized the pics; click for full un-distorted size) From left -> right:

Shell Service Station & Valero Service Station

Shell Gas Station, Valero Gas Station

2158358_orig.png

Old Mobil Gas Station, Shell Service Station #1

1322458_orig.png

Sunocco Stop & Go, Shell Service Station v2 (I was going for a car impound lot look)

5993514_orig.png

Texaco Service Station, Havoline Service Station

8711320_orig.png

HESS Service Station, Union 76 Service Station

341013_orig.png

Irving Service Station, Valvoline Instant Oil Change

6248186_orig.png

Q Lube, Crown Service Station

7346368_orig.png

Texaco Service Station 2, Mobil, On The Run

6809309_orig.png

Sunoco EcoWash

2215246_orig.png

Wawa Gas Station

If you are curious, yall can see the night views here.

Also, we're looking at exactly 10 dependencies.  ohhh.gif "But that is way too many" you may say; just consider that you are getting nearly 40 lots in this download.

Edited by nos.17  

Those are some amazingly realistic lots! Texture choice is perfect. The more I stare at them the more excited I get about building small towns and rural areas. :D

Keep it up! I hope to see it on the STEX soon. :)

When there is something i can't get enough of than it is gas stations.

They are perfect for all types of settings (may it be rural or urban) and you will always find a nice spot for them.

Your service stations look amazing, all those vool little details brings these small lots to live.

• Original Poster
  •  

When there is something i can't get enough of than it is gas stations.
    They are perfect for all types of settings (may it be rural or urban) and you will always find a nice spot for them.
    Your service stations look amazing, all those vool little details brings these small lots to live.

Those are some amazingly realistic lots! Texture choice is perfect. The more I stare at them the more excited I get about building small towns and rural areas. :D

Keep it up! I hope to see it on the STEX soon. :)

Thanks Hotwheeler & kingofsimcity! I got some feedback over at Simpeg to change some of the textures to make the lots seem 'grittier.' I won't be changing all of them; maybe just 2 or 3. In the process, I will also revisit many of them to add garbage, old machinery, etc to, again, give them grit (or whatever you want to call it). Basically, I'm lowering the property values. :golly:  Unfortunately, there still is a LOT of work to do, so they probably won't be on the STEX for at least another week.

Yes, grittyness sounds good.I don't know if there are props for that but a car wreck, tyre stacks, gas bottles and oil drums could be used and maybe a bit of shrubby grass that invades the less used areas of a lot.

While i'm writing this i got another cool idea: How about using a bigger gas station/service station for a carshow.Some Hotrods, 50s and 60s classic cars...

I know that there are a bunch of props of such cars around, they are also HD rendered.The WMP parklots from paeng (at least i think it was either him or someone related) use some of the HD classic cars.

Definitely want to see those grittier textures. :)

The more I stare at your parking lot layouts, the more I realize just how realistic the spacing between car parks on yours are. I look back and mine and realize with the standard 1-tile 8-car park overlay texture, no sane person would be able to squeeze in to one of those spots let alone get out! I can't believe I've never noticed that before! :P

• Original Poster
  • Definitely want to see those grittier textures. :)

The more I stare at your parking lot layouts, the more I realize just how realistic the spacing between car parks on yours are. I look back and mine and realize with the standard 1-tile 8-car park overlay texture, no sane person would be able to squeeze in to one of those spots let alone get out! I can't believe I've never noticed that before! :P

Yea, that is pretty much my only complaint about the SHK textures. Using the default 2 aisle over 1 tile (lol that rhymes  :P ) textures just seemed too packed & I hated it. Now, I try for 2 aisles over 1.5 tiles, and like look of the latter much better.

Yes, grittyness sounds good.I don't know if there are props for that but a car wreck, tyre stacks, gas bottles and oil drums could be used and maybe a bit of shrubby grass that invades the less used areas of a lot.

While i'm writing this i got another cool idea: How about using a bigger gas station/service station for a carshow. Some Hotrods, 50s and 60s classic cars...

I know that there are a bunch of props of such cars around, they are also HD rendered.The WMP parklots from paeng (at least i think it was either him or someone related) use some of the HD classic cars.

Sounds like a plan! Right now, I'm thinking it would look best to add another 4x4 (or larger) section to one end of the Wawa Gas Station (middle last pic). Based on personal opinion, that one has the most car-showy look to it. Would you agree or go with something else? 

Sounds like a plan! Right now, I'm thinking it would look best to add another 4x4 (or larger) section to one end of the Wawa Gas Station (middle last pic). Based on personal opinion, that one has the most car-showy look to it. Would you agree or go with something else? 

I agree,the Wawa Service Station seems to be the best location for a car show.The two angled opposiding roofs look really inviting and with an additional 4x4 size there will bew ebough room to show al those wicked rides.

I´m exited to see what you will come up with :D

• Original Poster
  • I agree,the Wawa Service Station seems to be the best location for a car show.The two angled opposiding roofs look really inviting and with an additional 4x4 size there will bew ebough room to show al those wicked rides.

I´m exited to see what you will come up with :D

Progress shot:

5506747_orig.png

(4x10 lot) 

I decided to just stick with SHK props. IMHO there are enough car-showy cars; if you wanted more classics, you will have to point me to some links.

On another note, I really need to stop lotting and start modding...but this is a helluva lot more fun, lol.   :rofl: 

Progress shot:

5506747_orig.png

(4x10 lot) 

I decided to just stick with SHK props. IMHO there are enough car-showy cars; if you wanted more classics, you will have to point me to some links.

On another note, I really need to stop lotting and start modding...but this is a helluva lot more fun, lol.   :rofl: 

Dude, this lot looks spectacular.Love the cars you used and all the crowds and groups which are cluttered all across the showcar area.

I can already smell burned rubber and gasoline...

The resting area with the food truck is a really nice touch,it gives this creation an extra portion of realism,i mean what is a carshow without overpriced fastfood?

In short,i think the lot is perfect in my eyes :thumb:

• Original Poster
  • For those of you who are curious, the Car Show will be coming your way soon. I think I figured out my issue: I accidentally made it growable instead of a plop, so...

Check the brand-spanking new STEX! The Service Station Mega Pack is now there, as well as a Winn Dixie store I had apparently finished.  :jump4joy:

In other news, does anyone know anything about automata modding? 

I have a Verizon Substation I am uploading and it contains a verizon box van (looks like a modern Dodge Ram Van). I am inclined to say it works; all of the pieces seemto be there AND it was created by swamper77, but I have not seen it show up and want to make absolutely sure it works before I give it to the public. Does anyone know someone who could take a look at it?

Oh, and the lot:

2481196_orig.png     6207494_orig.png

Hello nos.17 and all mayors,

first I've gotta say that's a great forum. Unfortunately I do have some trouble with two remastered growable lots of yours.

It's the HyVee Store & Gas Mart and the K-Mart Super Store. I zoned a 2x3 lot on high density and a little later these two

buildings showed up (see pics, first is query the left side, second the right)

hMad5PA.jpgBZfegQd.jpg

The 2x3 lot was split in two 1x3 lots, no building and the query said as you can see. I did a little research and the showing doors/windows/billboards belong to ingame

stores. I did post this in another forum and they said that this might be a case for the owner.

I did reload a savegame before this was build and I was able to reproduce this error at the same spot twice.

So what's going on here? Any suggestions?

Thanks y'all!

Kind regards!

• Original Poster
  • Hello nos.17 and all mayors,

first I've gotta say that's a great forum. Unfortunately I do have some trouble with two remastered growable lots of yours.

It's the HyVee Store & Gas Mart and the K-Mart Super Store. I zoned a 2x3 lot on high density and a little later these two

Yes, I do agree with you that this is a great forum. Unfortunately, you seem to have a large problem. Your timing is bad though; I'll be leaving for vacation early tomorrow so regrettably, I will not have time to trouble shoot your problem for another week. In the mean time, this is what I suggest: 1) Make sure you have absolutely NO traces of any older B62 lots (if you have been around for that long, lol). He had mega-issues with his uploads in the past, which is why so few exist today. Delete conflicting/duplicate copies and retry. 2) Redownload; it rarely happens, but the file could have been somehow corrupted.

I promise to see what I can find when I come back, but now, it looks like the K-Mart and HyVee building exemplars are conflicting with a different building, hence the game placing those buildings on Maxis lots. On these two files, the building is just a small invisible box and the physical, visual, building is technically a prop. I believe it is fixable. Thanks for pointing this out to me...I'll work on it as soon as possible.

Question: Do the plop versions work fine for you?

Edited by nos.17  

Hello nos.17 and all mayors,

Yes, I do agree with you that this is a great forum. Unfortunately, you seem to have a large problem. Your timing is bad though; I'll be leaving for vacation early tomorrow so regrettably, I will not have time to trouble shoot your problem for another week. In the mean time, this is what I suggest: 1) Make sure you have absolutely NO traces of any older B62 lots (if you have been around for that long, lol). He had mega-issues with his uploads in the past, which is why so few exist today. Delete conflicting/duplicate copies and retry. 2) Redownload; it rarely happens, but the file could have been somehow corrupted.

I promise to see what I can find when I come back, but now, it looks like the K-Mart and HyVee building exemplars are conflicting with a different building, hence the game placing those buildings on Maxis lots. On these two files, the building is just a small invisible box and the physical, visual, building is technically a prop. I believe it is fixable. Thanks for pointing this out to me...I'll work on it as soon as possible.

Ok, that is not a problem at all. I'll check on your suggestions in the next days and keep you posted here.

Thanks a lot and have a nice vacation...

Kind regards!

Here is a little status update. I've checked my plugins for old bobbo662 files of the HyVee Store and K-Mart and I only have the remastered versions in my folders.

What I have is bobbo662s Lowes and Wal Mart and some Gas Stations. Do I need to remove them, too?

It's kinda tricky to figure out, because it happened only with the growable version...

Thanks!

• Original Poster
  • Here is a little status update. I've checked my plugins for old bobbo662 files of the HyVee Store and K-Mart and I only have the remastered versions in my folders.

What I have is bobbo662s Lowes and Wal Mart and some Gas Stations. Do I need to remove them, too?

It's kinda tricky to figure out, because it happened only with the growable version...

Thanks!

Alrighty. Time to admit defeat. I've looked at this for hours and can't figure out how the heck to solve it. I know that somewhere, somehow, the K-Mart and HyVee building exemplars got mixed in with some maxis lots and combined in the same building family. In essence, the game is trying to build all of those lots you see in the screenshot with the K-Mart building. 

From LOTS of searching and guessing, I have determined that the problem is actually coming from the plopable versions, not the growable. I do not know which exemplar changes this, so unless some other guru is able to tell me, unfortunately, you will just have to bulldoze those lots. I'll keep trying though...I wanted to ask the friends over at Simpeg, but it seems the site is down :(.

RyK9l8C.png 

^^^ (building family 0x300570eb) ^^^

On another unrelated note, I have found another error. The growable K-Mart lot (8x8 stage 4) would never grow, basically because there are few low density 8x8 lots that would grow stages 1-3 to support the K-mart. I changed it to stage 1 instead. Replace your old one with the one attached below and tell me if it grows. I'll update the actual file on the STEX once I get the other problem fixed too.

I'm sorry I never found this issue; I always tested in my cities with a all Maxis building blocker in place.

CS$1_8x8_K-Mart Super Center No 209_500589c1.SC4Lot

Edited by nos.17  

Here is a little status update. I've checked my plugins for old bobbo662 files of the HyVee Store and K-Mart and I only have the remastered versions in my folders.

Thanks!

Alrighty. Time to admit defeat. I've looked at this for hours and can't figure out how the heck to solve it. I know that somewhere, somehow, the K-Mart and HyVee building exemplars got mixed in with some maxis lots and combined in the same building family. In essence, the game is trying to build all of those lots you see in the screenshot with the K-Mart building. 

From LOTS of searching and guessing, I have determined that the problem is actually coming from the plopable versions, not the growable. I do not know which exemplar changes this, so unless some other guru is able to tell me, unfortunately, you will just have to bulldoze those lots. I'll keep trying though...I wanted to ask the friends over at Simpeg, but it seems the site is down :(.

RyK9l8C.png 

^^^ (building family 0x300570eb) ^^^

On another unrelated note, I have found another error. The growable K-Mart lot (8x8 stage 4) would never grow, basically because there are few low density 8x8 lots that would grow stages 1-3 to support the K-mart. I changed it to stage 1 instead. Replace your old one with the one attached below and tell me if it grows. I'll update the actual file on the STEX once I get the other problem fixed too.

I'm sorry I never found this issue; I always tested in my cities with a all Maxis building blocker in place.

CS$1_8x8_K-Mart Super Center No 209_500589c1.SC4Lot

Allright,

thanks for the update and the corrected file. I'll try the new K-Mart file and let you know when it grows. :)

Usually I don't even use plop lots, because I like it when my Sims build what they want. And I don't use a

Maxis building blocker mod. So nothing happens without a reason, right? ;)

Kind regards!

• Original Poster
  • Unfortunately I do have some trouble with two remastered growable lots of yours. It's the HyVee Store & Gas Mart and the K-Mart Super Store. I zoned a 2x3 lot on high density and a little later these two buildings showed up (see pics, first is query the left side, second the right)

I'll have a look at it for you, worst case scenario since you've isolated the affected lots is just to generate new TGI's for everything and re-link them, if it's only a couple lots that should solve your problems without too much effort.

I am happy to say, thanks to rsc204's efforts, the issues with HyVee and K-Mart have been fixed! Rsc pointed out that it was actually an issue with the cohort files referencing Maxis lots instead of the correct B62 ones. 
    Also, I figured that I might as well make a growable version of HyVee too... cause why not? Look for them on the STEX soon! 
    :party:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcing more progress on the Sears Grand that I decided to turn into another Target-esque Mega lot:
    SmsVEEh.png

mjOB0wa.png

H1WjAFj.jpg

I'm thinking the building is entirely too large...I'll probably scale it down by like 25% (or more maybe lol). You guys agree?

Edited by nos.17  

added Sears progress

Unfortunately I do have some trouble with two remastered growable lots of yours. It's the HyVee Store & Gas Mart and the K-Mart Super Store. I zoned a 2x3 lot on high density and a little later these two buildings showed up (see pics, first is query the left side, second the right)

I'll have a look at it for you, worst case scenario since you've isolated the affected lots is just to generate new TGI's for everything and re-link them, if it's only a couple lots that should solve your problems without too much effort.

I am happy to say, thanks to rsc204's efforts, the issues with HyVee and K-Mart have been fixed! Rsc pointed out that it was actually an issue with the cohort files referencing Maxis lots instead of the correct B62 ones. 
    Also, I figured that I might as well make a growable version of HyVee too... cause why not? Look for them on the STEX soon! 
    :party:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcing more progress on the Sears Grand that I decided to turn into another Target-esque Mega lot:
    SmsVEEh.png

mjOB0wa.png

H1WjAFj.jpg

I'm thinking the building is entirely too large...I'll probably scale it down by like 25% (or more maybe lol). You guys agree?

Wow, that's great news... Looking forward the see the both lots fixed... And I love the idea of a growable one... :) Great job you both! And I like the Sears Mega lot... Look awesome!

Looking also forward to have this in my plugins... :)

Kind regards!

Hey, I'm looking for the updated SHK Textures and props that you used with the mega Target, and Simpeg really ain't working for me, is there anywhere else I can find it?

Edited by DavidDHetzel  

• Original Poster
  • Hey, I'm looking for the updated SHK Textures and props that you used with the mega Target, and Simpeg really ain't working for me, is there anywhere else I can find it?

Yes there is: here on the STEX.

Yup, totally agree. The scale is way off on this one. Maybe he took Sears Grand too literally. :lol: