nos.17

nos.17 Lot Development

349 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Just a curious question? Are the super center lots transit enabled? I would love to have red lights connected to the entrances and not have sidewalks across the road.

Awesome! Could you send the file to me? I'd love to do it for you.

Yeah, I do have the file! He personally sent it to me a few years ago.

Unfortunately not. People can find TE lots slightly annoying so by default I leave it out. Also, not all of the entrances are exactly centered over tiles, so TE-ing them would look weird. However, if you wanted them TE'd I would gladly do it for you and upload a second version, OR you could do it yourself (I can point to some tutorials if you want).

2200 downloads in less than 2 days! The SuperMEGA Target has really surpassed all of my expectations! Thanks guys!  :party: 

To answer platinumranger's question about TEing lots, one can perform the elevated rail trick for streets, roads, some NWM and of course avenues to give the illusion that the road network connects with a parking entrance/exit of a building. I do that quite often with nos.17's relots.

Elevated rail trick? Don't remember ever seeing that anywhere, do you have a link to an article explaining how to do it? Haven't played game in awhile, been rebuilding system after a few HD crashes. Hopefully will get back to game after finishing replacing files on this last 3TB drive. Takes forever transferring files from defective drive to new when full. So far only lost 5% files due to LBA errors, 3rd usb drive this year all warranty replaced. Been transferring about 2 weeks now.

• Original Poster
  • Does The SuperMEGA Target work with maxis night? Because the illium national bank has only the darknght mod supported! If I download that, will it work?

It will indeed work, but it will look weird. The parking lot lights have been optimized for Darknite too, so they may appear a little too bright (I used two lightcones instead of one). I highly recommend using Darknite anyways - it makes everything at night look much better.

1FsgFSR.png

Elevated rail trick? Don't remember ever seeing that anywhere, do you have a link to an article explaining how to do it? Haven't played game in awhile, been rebuilding system after a few HD crashes. Hopefully will get back to game after finishing replacing files on this last 3TB drive. Takes forever transferring files from defective drive to new when full. So far only lost 5% files due to LBA errors, 3rd usb drive this year all warranty replaced. Been transferring about 2 weeks now.

I can't find a tutorial but I can briefly describe it.

The ends of streets end in cul-de-sacs. So to remove a cul-de-sac place a straight elevated rail piece perpendicular to the street tile in question, place an elevated rail over street section on the cul-de-sac. Destroy the elevated rail piece and it destroys the second piece to. The end result is a straight street tile with no cul-de-sac. This can be used to create T-junctions which have street tiles leading off of the main road.

• Original Poster
  • Moving on to a new project... HBS Lowe's.

Months ago out of the blue, Heblem pm'd me and asked if I would create a lot for his new BAT. I gladly accepted and after a few months of delays (RL & Target), I have finally made progress: (click for full size)

9iODda7.png  7KYNcpP.png

The parking lot obviously still needs to be completed and I will add some more details to the loading/unloading area in the rear, and some plants to the outside garden/lumber center.

Comments...feedback?

...4 days later...

I have reached the semi-final version of this lot. It will be uploaded more or less in this form in two versions: one for Maxis lighting and one for those who use the USL/LRM (basically the same as the SuperMEGA Target).

64sdxWy.jpg

Edited by nos.17  

• Original Poster
  • pizza-Favim.com-230770.gif

How about some pizza?

FJoXFtb.jpg

Both Little Caesar's & Pizza Hut come in plopable and growable. Pizza Hut currently has a 4x3 plopable (still under construction - thinking of what to do with that extra space to the right where the cut-off diag spots are) and a 3x3 CS$ (mostly done). Little Caesar's currently consists of a 2x2 plopable (visible), which will possibly be enlarged to 2x3 and a 2x2 growable, basically looking like the one you see.

Thoughts? Feedback? I will add some parking lots to the Hut lots, but otherwise, that's it. Do yall think I am missing anything?

Edit: It seems the in-site pic compression is distorting the picture. Click for the full version.

• Original Poster
  • Those are beautiful, nos.17. Is it just me, or do you think the red roofs are a bit too bright?

No, its not you, those roofs are too bright. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about that. Bobbo662 has mentioned to me once or twice that he may pick up BATting again and revisit some of his old creations and make improvements, but I have no idea about the timetable for that (if ever). He is now (I believe) embroiled in Euro Truck Simulator 2 modding.

I would like to see Golden Corral, Gold star Chili, Newer Wendys, Tractor Supply Co., Goodwill, Bob Evans, Orelliy auto part, Auto Zone , Rite aid or Walgreens or CVS, With a Wal mart w/ subway, Lowes (the one that you made), With a shopping center with Gamestop or EBgames, At&t, China Wall or China #1, Petco, Dollar Tree, Penn Station east coast subs, great clips, hibbett sports, Rent to own, and like 2 or 3 For rent buildings. Also New looking taco bell, new looking Burger king, tire discounters, new looking wendys, Pizza Hut Kroger marketplace, with starbucks, Pets Smart, Us bank, Little Caesars pizza, Palm Beach tan, Jimmy Johns subs, Sweet frog yougurt, T-mobil, I think we need a biger hotel pack, with La Quinta Inn and Suite, Comfort inn, Fairfiled Inn and Suites, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites, Econo Lodge, Days Inn (2), The Westin Cincinnati, Quality Inn, Best Western Plus, Best Western (2), Extended Stay America, Ramada. A motel Pack, with Motel 6 (2) Super 8, Manchester Motel (Manchetser Ohio), RiverHaven Bed And Breakfast (Manchester Ohio), French Quarter Inn (Maysville Ky), Beverly Hills Inn La (Aberdeen Ohio),  Budget Host Inn (Winchetser Ohio), Countey Nigths Inn (West Union Ohio). We need some new gas stations, So maybe a gas Station pack, With 1st stop marathon, 1st stop marathon market, Bp, Shell (2), Marathon (2), Speedyway, UDF mobil, Citgo, Valero, Fast Lane, Texaco, Chevron. Travel Stop pack, Loves Travel Stop, Pilot Travel Stop, Road Rangers, Travel Center Of America, Flying J Travel Plaza. Pizza Pack, Giovanni's Pizza (Adams County ohio), Snappy Tomato pizza (Ohio and Ky), Pizza Hut, Pasquale's Pizza and Restaurant (Maysville Ky, Hillsboro OH), Grandma's Pizza W2W (Mt Orab Ohio and Willamsbrug Ohio), Dairy Bar Pack, Ayres Eat & Treat (Manchetser Ohio), Crossroad Dairy Bar (Seamen Ohio), Then maybe some thatou could make up. Fast Food Pack, 2014 Mcdonalds, 2005 Mcdonalds, 2014 Wendys, 2005 Wendys, 2014 Burger King, 2005 Burger King, 2005 Ardys, 2014 Kfc 2008 KFC 2000 KFC, 2014 Taco Bell, 2005 Taco bell, 1996 Taco bell, Long Johns silvers w/ Rax Roast Beef, Long Johns w/ KFC, KFC w/ Taco Bell, Gold Star Chili, Shyline Chili, 2014 DQ, Hardees, Huddle House, Waffle House, IHop, White Castle, Chick Fil A. Bar pack Bottom ups Bar and Grill (Manchetser Ohio), Applebees 2014 and 2004, SunSet bar and grill (Ripley Ohio), Tumbleweed southwest Grill (this is like Applebees) (Maysville Ky) Auto part pack, Orelliy Auto part, Auto Zone, Napa, Auto plus. IGA. Save A LOT. maybe a dollae store pack, Family Dollars (3), Dollar General(3), Dollar tree, Dollar Town (Used to be in Adams County ohio), Deals by Dollar tree, Dollar General marketplace. I love what ou doing and keep up the hard work, I dont want you to do all of this but it would be nice to see some of this!

-thanks Evanjs2015

I would like to see Golden Corral, Gold star Chili, Newer Wendys, Tractor Supply Co., Goodwill, Bob Evans, Orelliy auto part, Auto Zone , Rite aid or Walgreens or CVS, With a Wal mart w/ subway, Lowes (the one that you made), With a shopping center with Gamestop or EBgames, At&t, China Wall or China #1, Petco, Dollar Tree, Penn Station east coast subs, great clips, hibbett sports, Rent to own, and like 2 or 3 For rent buildings. Also New looking taco bell, new looking Burger king, tire discounters, new looking wendys, Pizza Hut Kroger marketplace, with starbucks, Pets Smart, Us bank, Little Caesars pizza, Palm Beach tan, Jimmy Johns subs, Sweet frog yougurt, T-mobil, I think we need a biger hotel pack, with La Quinta Inn and Suite, Comfort inn, Fairfiled Inn and Suites, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites, Econo Lodge, Days Inn (2), The Westin Cincinnati, Quality Inn, Best Western Plus, Best Western (2), Extended Stay America, Ramada. A motel Pack, with Motel 6 (2) Super 8, Manchester Motel (Manchetser Ohio), RiverHaven Bed And Breakfast (Manchester Ohio), French Quarter Inn (Maysville Ky), Beverly Hills Inn La (Aberdeen Ohio),  Budget Host Inn (Winchetser Ohio), Countey Nigths Inn (West Union Ohio). We need some new gas stations, So maybe a gas Station pack, With 1st stop marathon, 1st stop marathon market, Bp, Shell (2), Marathon (2), Speedyway, UDF mobil, Citgo, Valero, Fast Lane, Texaco, Chevron. Travel Stop pack, Loves Travel Stop, Pilot Travel Stop, Road Rangers, Travel Center Of America, Flying J Travel Plaza. Pizza Pack, Giovanni's Pizza (Adams County ohio), Snappy Tomato pizza (Ohio and Ky), Pizza Hut, Pasquale's Pizza and Restaurant (Maysville Ky, Hillsboro OH), Grandma's Pizza W2W (Mt Orab Ohio and Willamsbrug Ohio), Dairy Bar Pack, Ayres Eat & Treat (Manchetser Ohio), Crossroad Dairy Bar (Seamen Ohio), Then maybe some thatou could make up. Fast Food Pack, 2014 Mcdonalds, 2005 Mcdonalds, 2014 Wendys, 2005 Wendys, 2014 Burger King, 2005 Burger King, 2005 Ardys, 2014 Kfc 2008 KFC 2000 KFC, 2014 Taco Bell, 2005 Taco bell, 1996 Taco bell, Long Johns silvers w/ Rax Roast Beef, Long Johns w/ KFC, KFC w/ Taco Bell, Gold Star Chili, Shyline Chili, 2014 DQ, Hardees, Huddle House, Waffle House, IHop, White Castle, Chick Fil A. Bar pack Bottom ups Bar and Grill (Manchetser Ohio), Applebees 2014 and 2004, SunSet bar and grill (Ripley Ohio), Tumbleweed southwest Grill (this is like Applebees) (Maysville Ky) Auto part pack, Orelliy Auto part, Auto Zone, Napa, Auto plus. IGA. Save A LOT. maybe a dollae store pack, Family Dollars (3), Dollar General(3), Dollar tree, Dollar Town (Used to be in Adams County ohio), Deals by Dollar tree, Dollar General marketplace. I love what ou doing and keep up the hard work, I dont want you to do all of this but it would be nice to see some of this!

-thanks Evanjs2015

You do realize that nos.17 does not BAT and he uses only Lot Editor...

• Original Poster
  •  

I would like to see ..................

I love what you doing and keep up the hard work, I don't want you to do all of this but it would be nice to see some of this!

hairraise.gif 

LOL! Never before have I seen such a list! I can tell you that I have a few of the stores in your list, especially some of the gas stations to lot & release. However, if you search, you can find many of those (especially the national chains) already uploaded here on the STEX by other people or on other sites. Just prefix every google search with "simcity 4." You'll find probably a fourth or fifth of that list already up.

Sleeping Politician is correct - I do not have the skills necessary to create the buildings, only put them on lots. However, I am glad you appreciate my work. As I mentioned before, in the oft chance the bobbo662 restarts SC4 modding, I will definitely suggest these to him, as many of these businesses are right up his alley.

BAT requests always goes to . But I have to agree, it's the largest BAT requests list I've ever seen, and I'm afraid it's very unlikely to get all those BATs done. Why you don't give BATing a try? You can have a look at the Omnibus and the SC4 BAT - Open Discussion for tutorials and feedbacks :)

• Original Poster
  • Sorry about the lack of updates. Last week was hell for me and these next ones are not shaping up to be much better with exams coming up.  devil.gif   Hopefully, I'll have at least a little time to work in the coming weeks...

I have made only minor improvements to the Pizza Hut and Little Caesars lots and are now about ready for upload. Look for them in the next few days.

In about an hour of freetime today, I managed to work on my next release:

Multi-Island Service Stations

(but this time Texaco & Sunoco) The CS$ and Landmark versions use exactly the same lots.

CjuYm0U.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Multi-Island Service Stations are up on the STEX! (see link in first post).  icon_lol.gif

Well I did manage to bang these out in only a few hours. My next project:

K-Mart  Super Center

Click for full size (as always  grandpa.gif )
    ijH8XXf.jpg

OIJKguR.jpg

Thoughts? Feedback? The first one is a LM and the second corner one one is CS grow. I decided to do something different with this second one and make it a corner lot, reminiscent of many corner drugstores here. I am not sure how the 'big box' store looks on it, but I rather like it; it's unique, at least. I was also planning on Transit enabling them, with OWR for the top and street for the bottom. I will, of course, include non TE versions too....for those of you who don't like that kind of thing.

Multi-Island Service Stations are up on the STEX! (see link in first post).  icon_lol.gif

Well I did manage to bang these out in only a few hours. My next project:

K-Mart  Super Center

Click for full size (as always  grandpa.gif )

ijH8XXf.jpg

OIJKguR.jpg

Thoughts? Feedback? The first one is a LM and the second corner one one is CS grow. I decided to do something different with this second one and make it a corner lot, reminiscent of many corner drugstores here. I am not sure how the 'big box' store looks on it, but I rather like it; it's unique, at least. I was also planning on Transit enabling them, with OWR for the top and street for the bottom. I will, of course, include non TE versions too....for those of you who don't like that kind of thing.

This is great, Loveing the work, maybe you could put this up here, them maybe a couple day later do what you did with Target and make a shopping center with it! Thanks for all the work you do!

• Original Poster
  • Glad yall like it!  8)  I guess I won't make too many changes then...

This is great, Loveing the work, maybe you could put this up here, them maybe a couple day later do what you did with Target and make a shopping center with it! Thanks for all the work you do!

This will be up on the STEX within a few days. However, I'm not feeling the mega-lot with this store because a) It was a lot of work, albeit fun work b) it occupied a lot of my time, which is at a premium for the next week and a half, at least, and c) I just don't think it will look good with this building.

Hello.

My SimCitizens would love to open up a Pizza Hut but I would love to know what the difference is please between Grow and Plop. Apart from the obvious design look. Also what are the differences in the signs, aaaand finally - I assume the files I choose go into C:\Users\Steve\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins?

• Original Poster
  • Hello.

My SimCitizens would love to open up a Pizza Hut but I would love to know what the difference is please between Grow and Plop. Apart from the obvious design look. Also what are the differences in the signs, aaaand finally - I assume the files I choose go into C:\Users\Steve\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins?

You are correct about the placement. You can put it anywhere in your plugins folder. The difference between grow and plop buildings is pretty self-explanatory. "Growable" buildings grow from RCI zones you lay out, like all the other Maxis buildings you have. "Plopable" buildings can be plopped like landmarks, Police/Fire stations, schools, etc.

I am not sure what you mean by the signs. Do you mean like CS$ and CS$$? If so, the CS refers to the type of jobs it provides (CS = Commercial Service). The dollar signs refer to the wealth level: $ = Low wealth and $$ = Med wealth, $$$ = High Wealth.

Hello.

You are correct about the placement. You can put it anywhere in your plugins folder. The difference between grow and plop buildings is pretty self-explanatory. "Growable" buildings grow from RCI zones you lay out, like all the other Maxis buildings you have. "Plopable" buildings can be plopped like landmarks, Police/Fire stations, schools, etc.

I am not sure what you mean by the signs. Do you mean like CS$ and CS$$? If so, the CS refers to the type of jobs it provides (CS = Commercial Service). The dollar signs refer to the wealth level: $ = Low wealth and $$ = Med wealth, $$$ = High Wealth.

The signs are in the Pizza Hut folder:

b62 Pizza Hut Sign Style 01 v 2.0-0x5ad0e817_0xd2a97405_0x30000.SC4Model

b62 Pizza Hut Sign Style 01 v 2.0-0x6534284a-0x50ec22ad-0x92ac1758.SC4Desc

b62 Pizza Hut Style 01 v 3.0-0x5ad0e817_0x12a9612c_0x30000.SC4Model

• Original Poster
  • The signs are in the Pizza Hut folder:

b62 Pizza Hut Sign Style 01 v 2.0-0x5ad0e817_0xd2a97405_0x30000.SC4Model

b62 Pizza Hut Sign Style 01 v 2.0-0x6534284a-0x50ec22ad-0x92ac1758.SC4Desc

b62 Pizza Hut Style 01 v 3.0-0x5ad0e817_0x12a9612c_0x30000.SC4Model

Oh! The first two are the model/desc files for the little sign that appears in the front of the lot. The second is the model file for the actual restaurant. You absolutely need to keep those, or nothing but cars and textures will appear on the lot.

So i just seen you update projects that you are going to make i just i have to say, OMG! You and B62 are awesome. I loving it all so far, thanks for all of the Buildings you done like Lowes, Targer, Kmart, Others, and i seen the new once, Like walmart, Sam Club, The new Gas Stations, And I seen where lotting aother Lowes, I just wish I could play with them already, But great work you doing, Thanks nos.17, BTW is it true you form Ohio?

• Original Poster
  • 54725831.jpg

Red Roof Inn

...breathing new life into one of the few buildings Bobbo662 actually uploaded...

1763716_orig.png

I will probably forgo the Service Stations for awhile, so expect a Safeway and Sam's Club to be coming up soon.

So i just seen you update projects that you are going to make i just i have to say, OMG! You and B62 are awesome. I loving it all so far, thanks for all of the Buildings you done like Lowes, Targer, Kmart, Others, and i seen the new once, Like walmart, Sam Club, The new Gas Stations, And I seen where lotting aother Lowes, I just wish I could play with them already, But great work you doing, Thanks nos.17, BTW is it true you form Ohio?

Glad you love it all. Yes, I am from Ohio...the heart of it all  :D .