349 posts in this topic Last Reply

Wow, that's a formidable work to do!! I'm particularly digging the preferential parking, nicely isolated from the environment.

Can I suggest something? If you keep the modular approach, mod the different pieces with different wealths; that would be great to have a huge sponge of cs$ jobs...

• Original Poster
  • 8 hours ago, matias93 said:

Can I suggest something? If you keep the modular approach, mod the different pieces with different wealths; that would be great to have a huge sponge of cs$ jobs...

Love that idea! I'm keeping the modular approach - all of the lot sizes are also the same as Heblem's original. That leaves us with 4 lots. The smallest one would be CS$$$, and the next three could be broken up to two CS$$ and a CS$ or one CS$$ and two CS$. I'm leaning towards the latter. Thoughts?

Me too. If we are talking about jobs, retail is clearly characterised by low wages, so is the logical answer, and also the most convenient in terms of patching the simulation

Some impressive lotting to be seen here! I love how you played with the different areas and used a varied pattern of parking lots and driveways, open plazas and some lush green areas... and, for example, the task of placing all those bollards alone must have taken quite some time!

I almost feel like a jerk pointing it out, but there's some clipping going on again: check the palms in the third picture (towards bottom right corner) and one of those dining tables on the fourth picture (in the snack area towards the right). Speaking of the fourth picture, some of those chains to separate the sidewalk from the driveway seem to be pushed into the buildings - could the props simply be flipped the wrong way? (IIRC, porkie rendered them off center.) The front in general looks a bit cramped and noisy with that huge fountain right in front of the main entrance and the swirly sidewalk pattern. Maybe a smaller fountain and a simpler base texture for that narrow sidewalk (the swirly Copacabana style looks absolutely superb on the wider open areas around Dillard's, though - definitely keep it there! *:golly: )

It seems impossible that you made such richly decorated lots without running into the object limit, kudos for that! I guess illuminating the parking lots might push the prop count beyond that limit?

• Original Poster
  • 13 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

I almost feel like a jerk pointing it out, but there's some clipping going on again: check the palms in the third picture (towards bottom right corner) and one of those dining tables on the fourth picture (in the snack area towards the right). Speaking of the fourth picture, some of those chains to separate the sidewalk from the driveway seem to be pushed into the buildings - could the props simply be flipped the wrong way? (IIRC, porkie rendered them off center.) The front in general looks a bit cramped and noisy with that huge fountain right in front of the main entrance and the swirly sidewalk pattern. Maybe a smaller fountain and a simpler base texture for that narrow sidewalk

Cool. I'll change those. I do take your point about the "main" entrance being too cramped, but I do like the size of the fountain there. I'll see what I can do redesigning the front. As for the benches, they're actually part of the LBT prop pack, but now that you pointed it out, I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't change anything at that front entrance. All of the props are duplicates of Heblem's lot. That will have to change.

I usually try my best with clipping, but when things look ok from three angles, I usually call it quits. I will see if I can finagle the palms around a little because it bothers me too. I think I just need someone to point it out to motivate me to go back and change things. *:P

13 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

It seems impossible that you made such richly decorated lots without running into the object limit, kudos for that! I guess illuminating the parking lots might push the prop count beyond that limit?

To be honest I was kind of surprised too. Many of the lots are not close. I did split up one of the lots into two - there's a large diagonal parking area I didn't show (you can see the edge in the fourth image) that ate up close to 400 props, but most are well below 900 props, so lighting will be done. However, one lot, the 12x23 one, is probably about 30 objects from the limit, so, unfortunately, it will not be lit.

One last thing, keep up the critique! :thumb:It really helps me to improve and keep the quality up. I really do keep a list of things people tell me and improve on them in the future.

Wow, this has sure done the trick! The entrance looks far more spacious and inviting now, and the more subtle base texture there ensures that the area looks busy, but not cluttered or "noisy".

Those lamps on the parking lots also contribute a lot to the overall appearance! I always feel it increases the impression of a three-dimensional structure when props and textures are not just lined up next to one another, but also overlap occasionally. It gives everything a sense of depth, and since parking lots are, by nature, not the most interesting things to look at, they profit all the more.

So, all in all I'd say we have a winner! *:thumb:

Hi!

Whops I ran into some error with the Street Side Parking lots of yours, and I don't know what changed. All the car props disappeared and don't show up after plopping and not even later. The bus props are OK, I have some older pictures about my city (sadly neither of them directly from your set in action) where the cars are there. I think the only change what I did, to upgrade your essential to v10, and due my flashdrive crash I lost all of my previously downloaded stuff, so I can't try if it's working with an older one. According to SC4 Tool one prop (0x5f85e124) is missing, which is I think a family, which would contains these cars. I emptied my plugin folder during the test, I put only the RHD version of the SSP set and the listed dependencies.

You can see the results the pictures below...

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks,

- Tyberius/Tibi

SSP error 1.jpg

SSP error 2.jpg

I just downloaded the essentials update.  I was reading through the file page and noticed a typo.  I was going to PM, but the typo is funny and I think worth sharing for good humor.  The second sentence of the second paragraph reads: " If you need to edit any of the attributes to fit your project, feel free to do do. "     *:rofl:

Thank you! 

It's working now! :) However I have to replop those pieces, but it's not a problem! :) 

EDIT: Sorry it's me again! :( I found 2 missing texture dependency (at least) in the... 

The issue is appearing on the Shell Multi-Island Gas Marts. With empty plugin folder and using just the listed dependencies I found missing overlays (if you see your picture on the download page about the 3x3 Shell Multi-Islands by the back fence there is a dark green/gray-ish overlay (0x4da44210) and the same under the service station sing at the front, that texture does not belong to any of the listed dependencies  (which is apparently belongs to the BSC Textures 1).  Also there is a missing texture dependency (0x1da447b0) on the 3x2 Multi-Island lot as well, but even using your picture I couldn't recognize, what is missing, I just saw the error in the PIM-X dependency scanner and the SC4Tool scanner aswell. After I put back my main dependency folder I found this one as well: it belongs to the PEG-MTP SuperTexture Pack. I don't know how relevant this one, because I can't see on the picture... Chacked in PIM-X, it's under the back fence in a thin line...

Thanks in advance! 

- Tyberius

• Original Poster
  • Working on a new product concept: Creator Packs. I think from here I would like to go in the direction of @RRetail and release larger packs of content with many lots. However, I would like to take a different route and visit my favorite uploads from specific creators. I like the idea of large packs of related content - from only one download I can get a bunch of new content. To me, it's a lot easier and more efficient than a bunch of individual downloads. I'd love to know what yall think of this...

The first one is for @Ceafus 88 :

c88-11_orig.jpg

c88-15_orig.jpg

c88-13-1_orig.jpg

Glad to be of inspiration! Packing things in one download together wasn't my original idea, but after requests to have Zip folders, I guess you can say I took it a step further. 

I'm amazed at how much of a difference each of us lotters has when it comes to surrounding these wonderful BATs with props. I try to realisticlly size lots according to the BATs itself as having a super big parking lot for one tiny shop makes no sense. I also try to stick with the same props to make it easier for users, but you and others aren't afraid to experiment like this. And that is why having multiple lots from different users is always nice!

Each of us has our own style too, so sometimes even the same BAT can get twice the love and can have a different look if users decide to use both lot varations. So, I for one am happy to see you visit some lots that I've already relotted. More options equals better cities. 

As for a little critique though, I'm not so sure that cars (in the top left McDonald's pic) can make 45 degree turn like that in real life. :D

• Original Poster
  • On 9/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, RRetail said:

As for a little critique though, I'm not so sure that cars (in the top left McDonald's pic) can make 45 degree turn like that in real life. :D

It looks possible to me, and regardless, the sims in this city are expert drivers. ^_^