10 posts in this topic Last Reply

The simulation was botched, and the map sizes wouldn't support an unnecessary but realistic building... The simulation is crud on a lot of levels involving realistic cities. I always hate bashing Simcity, but this failure will not be tolerated! The kids that turn into students are always students, they just teach their parents? There is no realistic growth for population, and there is NOOOOO age demographic, otherwise the grade school and high school would do different things, and kids who attend the grade school wouldn't also attend a university. It's messed up.

Hey everyone! I was just wondering why there are no cemetery's in SimCity 2013 would someone mind making one?

It would be pretty easy by today's modding standards (Anyone see what Tobse made?), and if we had more mod producers, someone would have already finished and uploaded it to the STEX, like how SC4 modding worked. I wouldn't mind making one if I was part of the very very very few who actually knew how to do so.

The simulation was botched, and the map sizes wouldn't support an unnecessary but realistic building... The simulation is crud on a lot of levels involving realistic cities. I always hate bashing Simcity, but this failure will not be tolerated! The kids that turn into students are always students, they just teach their parents? There is no realistic growth for population, and there is NOOOOO age demographic, otherwise the grade school and high school would do different things, and kids who attend the grade school wouldn't also attend a university. It's messed up.

Yes, there are some things in the simulation which should have been added, but it was simply a design issue; did you know there were never supposed to be "shoppers" and "workers"? In development, they were the exact same agent: the Sim, but when it came down to simplicity, it would be hard to track, even with the charts and statistics; just think of the quantum mechanics at work: it's a shopper and a worker, but it's one at any given moment! (I'm not being serious, it would've actually taken quite a bit more work, though.)

The same situation would've applied to students; you wouldn't have been able to easily tell how educated any individual one was without getting a whole life bio of one, which is something most wouldn't even need for basic gameplay or even complex gameplay.

TL;DR: Much of the game's downfalls really relate to how much data each agent could store, and most people's computers literally could not handle the amount of stress and computation 200,000 real agents would put on their machine. Just do the math: If 200,000 agents with 200,000 bytes each were performing actions which involve 2,000 bytes of computer memory act at the same time, you're putting gigs of data on your processor, along with 2,000,000 bytes of graphics and another 20,000 bytes for this and another 200 for that and 2,000 for this, you've effectively used up 80% of your processor for a city simulator on an average computer.

On 2/23/2015 at 6:48 PM, swaty said:

mmm maybe incorporate this concept to the recycle process... export organs o ther material... should be interesting.....

Soylent Green!