Sign in to follow this  
CapTon

Update Regarding Building Something Awesome

33 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Here's part four!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X8hSSOIMB0

I state my goals for both the city and the region in general :) enjoy!

• Original Poster
  • Part five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzBiBBsWNPs

In this part, we encounter numerous problems :) enjoy!

• Original Poster
  • Part six:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7-3-1-Q5g

Another episode of the wondrous series :) enjoy!

• Original Poster
  • Part seven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWlChgm6zw

A lot of crazy and stupid stuff happens in this part :) watch the video to find out what I'm talkin' bout.

• Original Poster
  • Yes it is :)

Part nine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Maad1JMvs

We finally get some actual work done :) hoorah!

• Original Poster
  • We're finally back after over a month of waiting :) enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPum_SZZk6k

• Original Poster
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzRbkmxLeOE

These people... could everyone go three seconds without being stupid?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lost_Gecko
        I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
        So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
        The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
        Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
        New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By Avanya
        So I figured I might as well make a topic here, as this is most likely not gonna be the last time I ask for you guys' oppinion.  If I remember, I'll post WIP and releases of my buildings here.
        My current project is a bus depot that fits the european theme and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - but I've ended up with two sizes of it and I just can't decide which I like the best and could see myself using both. So I'd love some feedback - which you prefer or if it makes sense to upload both of them.
        The small one is about the same size as the default one and has the same stats. The large one has slightly higher stats, but as depots can spawn infinite busses there's no benefit to the bigger one. I purely made it this large as the ones I took inspiration from were this size or bigger.
        Picture time!  

• By jakis
        Hmm... first of all, i'll say, i've not played this game for appr. 1 month. Before it all worked well. Didn't load any new plugin for this 1 month. And today i've started to play. The game was keeping fly out to desktop like bullets from a Kalashnikov assault rifle. And once it happened...
        I played the game. Then I remembered that I forgot to load some plugin (which is good and trusted) to plugin folder. Therefore I had to save and exit the game to the desktop. I loaded this plugin. Then returned to the game, and my jaw fell out. Now the city I played with is a @#$%$#& green plain. Tried to load this green plain -> It's a green plain for realz. Oh yeaahh! This is exactly what I dreamed of! (Off cource, not really)
        What could I do? I checked the folder with the cities, and I did not find the file of this city at all. I downloaded the file recoverer, checked, nothing was found. I don't know what to do else.
        I'm confused and deeply shocked.
      • By ESP15
        The Socony-Mobil Building is a skyscraper at 150 East 42nd Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City that was built in 1956. The 42-story New York City Landmark building stands 572 feet (174 m) tall and is known for its exterior walls that are completely clad with stainless steel
        The building, designed by prominent New York architects Harrison & Abramovitz, was completed in 1956. Mobil Oil Corporation was the anchor tenant, occupying half of the building from 1956 to 1987. The company had their previous headquarters on 26 Broadway.
        In 2003 its facade was designated as a Landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission, considered as "one of New York City's most striking skyscrapers". It was first skyscraper to have its exterior wall completely clad with stainless steel. When opened, it was also the largest air-conditioned building in the world.
        The building was acquired in April 2016 by real state investor David Werner for $900 million. It was previously owned by Hiro Real Estate Co., a Japanese investment firm., who put it on the market two years ago
        Landmark Version. 
        ESP15

El Socony-Mobil Building es un rascacielos en 150 East 42nd Street en Midtown Manhattan, Nueva York, que fue construido en 1956. El edificio de 42 pisos New York City Landmark mide 572 pies (174 m) de altura y es conocido por sus paredes exteriores que están completamente revestidos con acero inoxidable
        El edificio, diseñado por los prominentes arquitectos de Nueva York Harrison & Abramovitz, se completó en 1956. Mobil Oil Corporation fue el inquilino principal, ocupando la mitad del edificio desde 1956 hasta 1987. La compañía tenía su sede anterior en 26 Broadway.
        En 2003, su fachada fue designada como un punto de referencia por la Comisión de Preservación de Monumentos, considerada como "uno de los rascacielos más llamativos de la ciudad de Nueva York". Fue el primer rascacielos en tener su pared exterior completamente revestida de acero inoxidable. Cuando se abrió, también fue el edificio con aire acondicionado más grande del mundo.
        El edificio fue adquirido en abril de 2016 por el inversor inmobiliario David Werner por $ 900 millones. Anteriormente era propiedad de Hiro Real Estate Co., una empresa de inversión japonesa., Que lo lanzó al mercado hace dos años.
        Versión Landmark.
        ESP15

• By Exurbanite
        Hey all, this is my first time posting on the C:S forum. Being an architecture student and urban design enthusiast, I have come to love this game and the fruits of its massive modding community. I've decided to dive into asset creation myself a couple weeks ago by learning Blender and model importation into C:S with the ultimate goal of creating a collection of "Main Street"-style American storefront assets.
        After a frustrating week and a half, I successfully uploaded a test model with a diffuse texture a couple days ago into the asset editor. Following tutorials on YouTube and elsewhere, I created a diffuse map via baking, but as you all can see (and I have later found out) this method should only be used for making LODs as the quality in game is pretty bad. Ideally, the model should be textured like this.
        Right now I'm kind of at a loss of what to do next in order to create an acceptable texture map for my first building. My question is how would I make a quality textured UV map in Blender that can be exported directly into the game? Another way to phrase this question is what is the procedure for creating finished UV maps such as these from the author Avanya? Or am I forced to export the UV layouts to gimp/photoshop and texture them there? I know there are many skilled authors with knowledge of Blender modeling and texturing that frequent here, so I ask if at least one could guide me through this rough patch; it would be massively appreciated. 
        Here's a pic of my model's untextured uv map in Blender. What should be my next move?
        Thanks in advance, If I can figure out how to remedy this issue I look forward to contributing to the C:S community.