Sign in to follow this  
infamousjbe

Removing Item Resource Key

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

If a Parks lot is needed for a dependency and I remove the "Item Resource Key" from the exemplar (to remove the lot from the game menu), will it create a malfunction with the content that needs it for a dep?

Content in case is Pegs Seasonal Woods. I don't actually use them in game, but pretty sure it was needed for a dependency at some point. Would like to remove at least the icons from the in game menu but still have them available for the content that needs them to work correctly.

• Original Poster
  • The simplest way to remove a lot from the menu without causing problems is to delete the Lot Resource Key from the Buildings exemplar.

yeah, that's what I meant. I got "Item" from the line above "lot".  lol

but cool that's what I was hoping. 

thanks Z1

:???:  Lots themselves cannot hold dependencies.

I'd like to see a link to the item you talk about, and the alleged dependency.

Now, it could be that a set is packed into a single DAT that contains models, textures and/or prop/building exemplars (all these can be dependencies!) AND lot exemplars (which cannot be dependencies) at the same time. In such a case, you could delete everything but the actual dependency from the DAT, or extract only the actual dependency files into a new DAT and throw away the old one - depending on what's less work.

Of course, making backups before is recommended as usual.

• Original Poster
  • :???:  Lots themselves cannot hold dependencies.

I'd like to see a link to the item you talk about, and the alleged dependency.

Now, it could be that a set is packed into a single DAT that contains models, textures and/or prop/building exemplars (all these can be dependencies!) AND lot exemplars (which cannot be dependencies) at the same time. In such a case, you could delete everything but the actual dependency from the DAT, or extract only the actual dependency files into a new DAT and throw away the old one - depending on what's less work.

Of course, making backups before is recommended as usual.

Think you might be reading a bit further into this than needed. Z1 has confirmed what I believed was the right procedure for my situation. But don't think I don't appreciate your help also. More is better than not enough.

I pretty much understand that some MMPs come complete with the props included (as in this case with Pegs Seasonal Woods) as a stand alone MMP, then others are just a controller .dat that utilized props from other dl'd dependencies. The ones that come as just the controller .dat, all I would have to do is remove that particular .dat file without losing the dep content.

In this case, pretty sure I have Pegs Seasonal Woods installed due to a custom residential lot that calls for them as a dep.

That's why I just want to remove the icons from in game, but can't lose their ability to be utilized by the particular lot that needs them to work correctly.

Prior to my question, I was familiar with removing the "lot resource key" to remove icons from the menu. But in this case with being part of dependency, figured it was wiser to ask before possibly funkin' some stuff up.

Here's the to the deps if you're still interested. I'll try and track down the particular R lot that calls for them, but it could take some time to sift through all my R content.

As neatly as my plugins are organized, knowing which one calls for which deps is not as easy without rereading through all the ReadMes. Which has started to motivate me to even micro manage the plugins and create my own list of depens and all the dl's content the calls for them. So if this situation ever rares it's head again, it won't be so difficult to find the content that's associated with the deps.

And trust, I have archives for all my bookmarks, zips., unzipped, and used content, along with my region, both on my main HDD and on an external. Not losing anything any time soon.