Sign in to follow this  
sirdanilot

No traffic using Diagonal Bridge

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey guys ! This time a bit of a less drastic, but still annoying problem.

I downloaded the Diagonal Bridge Mod (wonderful mod by the way !!!), and succesfully - as far as I can judge - I built a beautiful diagonal avenue bridge the way the readme shows - with parallel 'shared tile' RHW-2s and the undertruss avenue bridge puzzel pieces. The bridge looks great, but nobody is using it ! I am positive that this is not just because the bridge is a detour (in fact it's not really because there's a stretch of highway leading to it) because when I remove a parallel existing bridge (so that the new bridge would be the only available route) they still don't use it. It's also not a RHW problem as the sims do use other stretches of RHW in this city.

When I drive over it in u drive it mode, it works fine, and the Draw Paths cheat also shows no problems. I will post a screenshot with and without draw paths enabled to show you. I have also given you pictures of the leading on and off ramps with the draw paths cheat on. I am pretty positive that I constructed those well so they should not be the problem. I use the avenue A-ramp puzzle piece.

What can I do to get my sims to use the bridge?

BSUMyMel.jpg

BkDbNhSl.jpg

GesDH3Fl.jpg

Z01qGVvl.jpg

If you haven't got it, download the Extra Cheats DLL and install it directly into your Plugins folder with no sub-folder.  Start the game and open that city.  With a good view of both ends of your bridge type in CTRL+xDrawPathsCTRL+m and wait a few minutes.  You should see the pathfinder's connections to your bridge, and if any of them look wrong, please post a snap here.

To turn off the paths, the reverse is HidePaths.

This will either verify or deny that you are correctly connected to your network.