Sign in to follow this  
jason leo

Unable to save any new setting with the TSCT

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recently, I do some experiments with the TSCT tool, and when I'm about to return it to the previous setting, this thing happens:

0xzQ5dp.png

Can someone tells me how to solve this?

First check the Task Manager to see if the SimCity 4.exe process is still running, and then end it.

Otherwise, this does sound similar to the problem described Right click the TSCT and choose "Run as administrator". Or try following the (more complex) suggestion made in post #11.

• Original Poster
  • SimCity is not running and I have done the steps in that post. Unfortunately, TSCT still says the same thing when I try to save the previous settings. Btw, thanks for the advices. Any other idea?

• Original Poster
  • I found the culprit, the file named "Traffic_Plugin_Z_Ultra_Custom.dat" cause it. The problem is the file can't simply override the experimental settings and it has to be done manually. I delete it and the problem is solved. I'd say thanks to Cyclone Boom for the helps, btw.

Running as administrator should always fix this problem.

This problem appears to have arisen in NAM 31.2, which is the first installer that insists on being run as administrator.  It needs to do this so that it can install the 4 GB patch if necessary.  However, this also means that the TSCT is installed and run in administrator mode.  If your normal account does not have administrator privileges, you can run into the problem described above.

I think the solution is to always have the TSCT run as administrator.  Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?