Sign in to follow this  
Dimon101

Would like some assistance to implement command into a shortcut of SC4 Delux Edition - Solved! Thanks to all who helped!

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am aware of the multi processor problem im having. I usually just turn off one of them in the taskbar while loading up the game. That's not the problem. The problem is that i am trying to make a shortcut to do this, but i cannot figure out how to do this. I know this method works because ive done it in the past, but it would be easier if i knew how to make the shortcut. I know the command is -cpucount:1.

I am using an older system, basically a Windows xp, but it has good stuff on it even though it is obsolete system. It runs this game, except for the drop out of games instantly to desktop. As i said above, i know the problem is due to multi-processors.

Could somone write how i implement this into the shortcut i need to make? I do not even know where to put it, and everytime i try to put it on the shortcut, it says file names cannot have special symbols or folder not found. Please help me! Thanks!

Version of Game: Simcity 4 Delux with rush hour. This game has been updated to most recent version. It does not have any mods installed, such as NAT. Once i fix this issue i will install that great mod.

Welcome to Simtropolis...

You can find the command line by right clicking on the your game's shortcut icon and open the Properties window. In that window, you add the -CPUcount:1 to the Target line. Be sure to leave a space after whatever is all ready there. Here's with an example Target line.

By way of explanation, the short cut is a set of data that tells the task launcher where to find the program.  It uses the "Target" box which actually contains a script command to start the game.  Usually a command is the complete path name of the program's executable.

Now, because the complete path name contains spaces, the path name must be enclosed in quotes or the scan cuts off at the first space.

Options can be added after the path name, but must be separated from it by white space (spaces, or tab characters).  Each option begins with a hyphen (-) followed immediately by a mnemonic for the option.  If there is a value associated with the option, it is separated from the mnemonic by a colon (:).  You can think of the whole expression as a single word, if you like.  So the use one core only option is:

<space>-CPUcount:1

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for the assistance! It worked this time. I guess i was doing it without the spaces..which was my problem. I really appreciate the help! Now my sims 4 game won't shut off after every ten minutes.

Nevertheless, take internal saves every time you think you don't want to repeat some sequence.  Use CTRL+s for full save and region update or CTRL+ALT+s to skip the region snapshot.