Sign in to follow this  

West Virginia

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hurricane West Virginia!

A small metropolis nestled in southern West Virginia, Hurricane is located in Putnam county. In 2010 the population was recorded at 6,284 residents. This DD is not based on the realism for the city of Hurricane other then it is located on the Kanwha river!

Spanning the Kanawha River two bridges lead into the city of Hurricane, a four lane avenue and a railroad bridge to carry freight. On one side of the might Kanawha the industrial side of Hurricane is located, with a massive power plant burning raw oil to produce power for the 90,000 residents. Many industries call this place home, as 1,000 people live on the "Dirty" side of the river and work.

On the other side of the river a mighty metropolis is growing, with the smaller town of Nitro less then 15 miles away.

Nitro is an industry based town with many chemical plants that import into manufactures in Hurricane!

Anyway, back to the clean side, a passenger train runs across the river to the "Clean" side and goes right into the heart of downtown with skyscrappers towering above the small rail line.

A 6 lane route makes an L which was the basis for the layout of the city, after years of expansion it was decided a 6 lane avenue with a turn lane was needed to continue any further expansion of the city. The 7 lane runs right past Hurricane University! The university was opened only 15 years ago but has already has 10,000 students graduate making it the most popular university in the region!  

The business district has many sky scrappers that tower over the rest of the surrounding land, with the only thing that comes near their massive height is apartment buildings only mere 15 stories tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PiZq27kowo

Plans for the future of Hurricane!

Plans include to start I-1 (interstate one) East bound into nearby Charleston ( Charleston has not been started yet)

I-1 will be made using "Real High Way" or RHW which adds much more functionality, style, and realism to a interstate system!

Also planning on naming all major routes so I have names other then... "6 Lane route south"

• Original Poster
  • I have several mods installed which are listed in the description of the video, but no the shore is not modded unless meadowshire (terrain mod) changes it.

Thanks for the reply! :)

• Original Poster
  • Hey guys just want to give a little sneak preview of what is soon to be coming to a thread near you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG083NBvg6o

• Original Poster
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlf4AArrIE

[align=center]Welcome to wild and wonderful West Virginia - SimCity 4 style![/align]

Before you guys have seen only sneak previews of two Cities in this vast region! Hurricane and Nitro, both of which are real cities, as all towns I name will be named after real life towns located in West Virginia, now weather they will be correctly portrayed is a different story as i am adding my own little twist.

So I don't confuse you guys too much I will tell you my plan... I am going to make video's as I develop all the cities until either all the tiles are filled or I think I no longer need any more cities. After we have made all the cities and they are fully developed its going to be story time! I am a writer in my past time and we will be telling a story using screenshots taken once the region is done, maybe I'll even learn some photoshop to spice it up! :)

Now that everyone knows the drift of this I can now say any comments or suggestions are welcome, after all, I'm doing this for the entertainment of others even though this part is boring, once the story gets going it will not be!

If I can get enough views on the two CJ threads I have (same thread, two different sites) I may even start the story line on the next update!

Until then everyone!

that's actually cool I've never seen a Video City Journal. Make sure not to get mixed up on your north south east west directions that's treading on thin ice once you start designating directions you may get disoriented in your city view and have to zoom to your region again. Cool! I know absolutely nothing about West Virginia other than the Hatfields and McCoys T.V. shows I look forward to learning a bit good job good luck.

• Original Poster
  • [align=center]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPVXL3pm5ZY

[/align]

Hey guys! Going over the advances in the region and focusing on the growth of the capitol city of Charleston.

A major baseball stadium has made its home in Charleston along with two new airports and a disease research center! How exciting! Now just ask your selves, how can these major places be used in a major story line? :)
    Stay tuned to find out.

Good job keep it up very dense though I would have thought West Virginia was more suburban. But good job i'm liking West Virginia more and more compared to those damned East Virginians.

• Original Poster
  • This isn't BASED off of West Virginia I live in the state and chose to use cities from there as names for my region.

But Charleston is very dense.