Sign in to follow this  
sethisuwan

Creating 100% Specialization and Utility City without any Zones!

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

First of all, wait, that title idea just popped into my mind as I was about to write about another thing. I was building this city, naturally at first just planning the layout and putting down the Oil Wells and Refinery, etc. I haven't even zoned yet, but to my surprise those buildings suddenly started hiring and then actually started producing stuff!!! Turns out workers arrived from that huge Arcology next door (as advertised). Usually I would lay down all these buildings and zone, wait for them to be filled up with workers, but this is cool, ain't it? Now think about it, if your Arcology has enough workers supply, you could build a 100% Specialization City without need for ANY zones, build Power Stations, Water Stations, Trade Depots, etc., earn money from trade but no need for any zones at all? Think about it - no crime, fire and health issues too!!!! OK now I'm going to test this out now.

r8jo.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Very interesting! Let us know how u get on!! Are there any other cities in your region?

IT WORKS!!!

No population in city at all! Workers commute from the Arcology, work at the Specialization places and go back home to their Arcology. Be mindful, a LOT of traffic though, make sure you build plenty of (large avenue) roads in from the Arcology, let the traffic build up at the Arcology end, not ours, and have bus stops at he various Specialization sites so that people can use them. The Arcology has its OWN municipal bus stop, buses will come from the Arcology loaded with workers and go back every evening. The only other city I have in the region is a normal balanced 100K fully self-employed city though, I only use it to buy electricity, water and send sewage.

We could make $1M a month with this 0 population city.

ya5d.jpg

i9sf.jpg

79ti.jpg