Sign in to follow this  
joaorodriguez

Red Cross is on the way

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

post-639472-0-77822400-1377228388_thumb.

RED CROSS IS ON THE WAY

This last update (the 7th, so far) came with a few things included.

First of all, is nice to see that the Worship Houses came for free. This was unexpected.

Following, soon we will get another dlc from SimCity: The Red Cross!

It looks like the Red Cross will help the people when disasters occours.

"When a natural disaster occurs, the Red Cross is here. With Help Center Red Cross in your city, the Red Cross vehicles ensure the preparation of the city and the tents of support will help to all the needy."

Sorry to not bring the original text, this is translated from portuguese.

Altough is not any news that the red cross will be implemented someday, This is the first time the game files have some images of it:

post-639472-0-18608100-1377228378_thumb.
This is supossed to be the Main Building

post-639472-0-31894000-1377228380_thumb.

This should be the icon to build it. This icon will be on the "Health" tab.

post-639472-0-16107700-1377228379.png

This is the icon to build the tents, or to dispatch the redcross trucks, or whatever.

post-639472-0-86537100-1377228386.png

The icon, or marker, or whatever they call these things.

I believe strongly that this dlc will be launched with next update, or before the end of September.

I also belive that this DLC will be free too.

Let's wait to see!
By the way: FIRST!

I was pleasantly surprised by the free House of Worships. I'm all for more free DLC content. Although I'm not a big fan of having too many plopables in my Simcity (I prefer being surprised by the game) I do like how all the cities in the region can support each other in some way with services and hope this one adds to that. I'm not sure how it's suppose to work though. My guess would be that it replaces destroyed houses with tents so sims who are still alive can stay there (and hopefully pay taxes) until a new building has grown underneath. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the free House of Worships. I'm all for more free DLC content. Although I'm not a big fan of having too many plopables in my Simcity (I prefer being surprised by the game) I do like how all the cities in the region can support each other in some way with services and hope this one adds to that. I'm not sure how it's suppose to work though. My guess would be that it replaces destroyed houses with tents so sims who are still alive can stay there (and hopefully pay taxes) until a new building has grown underneath. 

Hopefully it also cuts down on the number of homeless generated. I wish that the disasters actually affected your injury and death stats, so that having a good hospital and EMS system actually meant something in that context. This would also create another niche for the Red Cross; dealing with the overflow of injured Sims during a major disaster, or perhaps providing a refuge for survivors in the case of something like a zombie outbreak or nuclear disaster.

Although I'm not a big fan of having too many plopables in my Simcity

At least they could make them smaller.  How many cities have one massive interdenominational church?  I can only imagine the debate over pomp and liturgy.