Sign in to follow this  
boddole

Trying to Sort Out Latest NAM Package

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello everyone, I've recently downloaded the latest NAM package, the "monolith" download, and.......I'm just kind of overwhelmed. I've looked through the docs that came with the install, the faqs on this site, and their site but I'm still confused on the basics (like how to change the "traffic simulator options (basic-ultra)". I see files in the docs that I can't find, lists of notes about version differences and conflicts and I get confused as to what programs come in what packages and if I even have them.

Is there a readme that goes over the very basics? (like how to operate the fore mentioned traffic sim options? and not just what it is) or something to that effect?

Sounds like you downloaded an older version of NAM.  I would download NAM 31.2 off of SC4Devotion.com on the LEX file exchange.  After you download NAM 31.2 there should be 5 PDF files in the included folder that have readme's for the various components of the NAM.  I would start first though by getting the latest release.

I agree I think we need a bit more information before we can help further with this issue.  If you downloaded the NAM 31.2 there should be 5 PDF files in the folder that answers your readme question.  As to the crashes specify when they are occuring what is being done when it happens and if there have been any other recent changes to your plugins folder such as a tree controller or mod that may cause a region to crash on load.

I am in a rather unique situation with a few others.  I am on Linux, so in preparation for NAM 31, I carefully removed any older traffic things from my plugins.  31.2 went in with no problems and I was able to sort out the traffic controller using TSCT (the provided Java program), after adding the JRE to my pseudo-windows environment (wine, the WINdows Executive).  Since I am not a user of neither RHW nor GLR at the moment, I used the custom install option to omit them for now.  I also cherry picked some other options.  This is a picture of my selections:

z2XBp23.jpg

I hope this is helpful. Be aware that not everyone would choose this set up.

• Original Poster
  • To Mandlesoft: it really freezes/crashes (mouse pointer changes to other modes for no reason, game locks up, screen goes black, never comes back on). May happen when doing anything, or doing nothing (in game or in region view). I have no other plugins or mods besides NAM - going to clear it out and see what happens.