Sign in to follow this  
lighting957

When is update 7 comming out?

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm especially looking forward to the traffic updates. I hate watching my recycle trucks not bring in valuable stuff because they follow each other in circles. 

I'm hoping update 7 brings some good stuff too. Being in the DevTest doesn't exactly mean I know what exact changes are going to be made in the game :)

Was just playing now and got an in-game message that the SimCity service would be going down in five minutes and to please exit the game. Hoping this means they're rolling the update out now.

We should probably expect the servers to be unplayable due to traffic until about the mac release, and then not playable again for a month. These guys have NO clue how to update servers, there should be no downtime at all. I don't know what business they have in the business of online services but they have a lot to learn in managing servers.

• A new tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw roads.
    • Press the N key/M key while drawing roads to lower/raise the road (creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels).
    • Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
  • New tree tools let you place individual trees along city roads. This tool is located at the end of the Nature Parks menu.
  • Traffic behavior improved to reduce traffic jams caused by all vehicles converging in one spot. This affects all vehicles.
  • Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, improving traffic flow.
  • Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
  • Airship passenger trips should now be correctly calculated over multiple days.
  • Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
  • When warranted, freight trucks now correctly go back to the factory instead of leaving the city
  • Improved instances where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.

• Press the N key/M key while drawing roads to lower/raise the road (creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels).
  • New tree tools let you place individual trees along city roads. This tool is located at the end of the Nature Parks menu.
  • Traffic behavior improved to reduce traffic jams caused by all vehicles converging in one spot. This affects all vehicles.
  • Airship passenger trips should now be correctly calculated over multiple days.
  • Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
  • When warranted, freight trucks now correctly go back to the factory instead of leaving the city
  • Improved instances where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.

I notice they removed the "gifting money should become more reliable."

We should probably expect the servers to be unplayable due to traffic until about the mac release, and then not playable again for a month. These guys have NO clue how to update servers, there should be no downtime at all. I don't know what business they have in the business of online services but they have a lot to learn in managing servers.

EA does this with all of their games. It's the same thing with Battlefield 3 whenever an update or something comes out; whole game goes down for an hour or so and the 50,000 players are forced to go do something else.

I notice they removed the "gifting money should become more reliable."

Ha! Good catch

what do the churches do?

from the layer options it seems they promote happyness, but of course theres no description

i placed one, and immediately noticed power issues, i was in the negative by 50megawats!

it also says not to bulldoze them, but i did anyway :P using so much power, that modern church must have holographic projectors, lazor light shows and gold leaf replicators.

edit: same with the sewage, a huge increase there too. i guess religious people like to poop a lot

i placed one, and immediately noticed power issues, i was in the negative by 50megawats!

it also says not to bulldoze them, but i did anyway :P using so much power, that modern church must have holographic projectors, lazor light shows and gold leaf replicators.

It takes a lot of power to hold the portal to the afterword open, and that's just one-way.

i just ran one of my cities for a few days to see if i could notice some changes.

as expected, more bugs and problems but quite a few good changes too

- tunnels absolutely rock. they require very little lead up / ending space so they can be placed very easily. have some crossing my city all over the place already. i cant wait to build a city from scratch with them

- careful bulldozing tho. it will be demolished before you lift your left mouse button, giving you no opportunity to cancel.

- power, sewage, water, garbage, recycling, crime & sickness values all seem to have been tweaked to use/cause more. my city was static and not growing and i was tightly managing all my resources (trying to save a few $). but now are all very negative... and they gradually got worse every day for the first few days of playing.

- had to add a whole 2nd recycling plant to cope with the city (250k pop), and its only just enough! its funny watching the trucks drive between the two tho, trying to offload.

- i found that i had to rebuild my garbage and recycling plants before vehicles would show up (i waited 3 days in game, now its very far behind in garbage and probably making the sickness i mentioned worse). i didnt have to rebuild anything else tho.

- garbage & recycling trucks that are full still go out and try to collect garbage :(

- often garbage trucks will return home after collecting only 1 house's garbage.

- they still all queue up behind each other, but now in several groups of only 4-5. better i guess, they now reach every house much quicker.

- the delivery trucks from the recycling plants dont remove the stuff very well. eg: it will sit at 100% aluminium for 24 hours before it finally gets emptied. but this isnt new, it was happening before patch.

- traffic in peak times seems actually worse, but it eases much more quickly. probably because the cars dont do as many stupid things. i get huge gridlocks at 6am and 8pm, that clear within a few hours. at other times its almost a ghost town. this seems a bit more real to me.

- my public transport usage has increased 3 fold.

- university and college popularity has increased quite a bit. while my highschool popularity has decreased. school now only teaches about 100 students (yes i know its not normally necessary, but i like the schoolbusses to cut some traffic)

cool garbage stats man :

33k926h.png

My two main cities were basically ruined with this patch. My traffic was managed well before so with 180k population I had no traffic issues, not so after the patch! My power all of a sudden was being used up and coal not delivered, recycle center stopped working as well. Oh well, time to start a new region from scratch.

Seems like with every update you need to start from scratch or you have to be super patient and wait/work with your current cities to get them integrated into their new way of life.  Scenario challenge from hell? haha.