Sign in to follow this  
ccecill

My copy of sc4 is acting very wierd

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm having these wierd issues all at once, and I have no idea why they're happening.

the lots in my cities look like either grass or concrete, with no fences or light poles or plants or anything.. just the buildings on top of a square of whatever texture comes with it. My graphic settings are all high and I have a nice computer, so this is unusual.

despite having installed the night lighting update the bats i've installed won't light up. The simfox day n night mod isn't registering with the game for some reason, even though I physically have it in the documents/sc4/plugins/mods folder.

any suggestions? Much appreciated.

A good starting point. The game patches do tend to reset the graphics settings.

Otherwise, it might be a case of the Prop Pox, in which case there's no straightforward solution. A screenshot may help us to narrow this down.

By the way, what's the extent of the problem? If it's self-contained in one city, then Prop Pox is the likely cause. But if it consistently occurs in other cities, it might be more of a wide scale plugins issue.

-------------------

For the nightlights update, what's the version number of your SimCity 4.exe file? If the patch was applied successfully, it should read version 1.1.640.0 when mouse hovered. If it doesn't, try running the patch again. But this time, close any open programs, and run straight from (copy to) your Desktop.

• Original Poster
  • hey guys its not the graphics settings because they're still all on high.

problem_zpsb71f6333.png

there's a picture of the lots. I'm also having a crash to desktop whenever I use the godmode trees. I'm using the pacific northwest tree controller and nothing else. 

problem2_zpsca1e4e90.png

also, the text in game is all gibberish, leading me to believe it may be whats in my program files folder, not my plugins folder.

I have the uk version of the game with the right hand registry change in it. I also downloaded the ep1 update for the north america region, followed by the bat one.. should I go and do the region 2 (europe) instead of region 1? would I have to re-install the game before doing this?

also, whenever I try and place trees the game crashes. I have ONLY the pacific northwest tree controller and the dependencies for that... nothing else.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with my game here and it sucks.

Looks like your game residency has been stepped on.  Have you tried a reinstall?  When the LTEXT stuff is lost, some file has been corrupted or deleted.

How was your virus check?  Malware?

From the pictures that you have posted it doesn't appear that you have Prop Pox.  That problem is usually confined to parts of and not the whole city.  Besides, it doesn't look like Prop Pox in your pics.  If you do have Prop Pox, your city is gone essentially.  Try to recover a previous version of the city file before it got infected.