Cyclone Boom

Index of Display Name Changes

97 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • The index has now been re-structured into the site's new table format.

Multiple changes are shown in orange, and pre ST 7.0 changes are now in pink (instead of in a separate table).

Also, an "Other Changes" column has been added, replacing the previous hover over text. This new column shows users who've changed their name more than once, and each link opens a document on Google Drive, displaying these details.

If you've recently changed your name, feel free to post in here and I'll add you in. :)

Reminder:   Due to the site upgrade, remember that display names are now the same as usernames! :read:

As Dirk explained here, this replaces the previous system, where your registration username was always used to login. If you've changed your display name, you should always login using the current one. This may explain if you're experiencing difficulty logging in.

7 hours ago, OcramsRzr said:

Ocram dropped the Seattle and made a subtle reference to Okham.

--Ocram

Not so subtle.  If you are going to cite William of Okham, remember to apply his principle.  Take the simplest alternative.

1 hour ago, A Nonny Moose said:

Not so subtle.  If you are going to cite William of Okham, remember to apply his principle.  Take the simplest alternative.

My signature explains everything. I brainstorm on my computer then try to revise before posting.

Looking at your sig, it is clear that you have forgotten the lessons in the Life of Brian.  "Look on the bright side of life." 

It is not worth spending too much time with the mythology of Christianity unless you also spend some time with the Norse Myths, the Greek and Roman myths, and for some spice, some of the things you can find in India, China and Japan.  You'll find most of these philosophical systems, shorn of their symbolism, coincide nicely.  In general, the whole thing tries to predict what happens when life ends.

"That unknown country from whose bourne no traveller returns" - Hamlet.

Ocram's Razor was first coined by Rohina, the Marchioness of English Grammar (elsewhere) to describe my posting style, out of sheer frustration. I dropped the "Seattle" part because the Palouse is my home now and I want to move to somewhere where Italian or Spanish is widely spoken, preferably somewhere warm with fish, fertile land, or oil. I will soon enough be able find jobs in aquaculture, agriculture, industry, and petroleum.

17 hours ago, Thin White Duke said:

Oh! Didn't know that. Sounds cool, now I have to see it! :D

Generally performed in Italian, so be prepared.  You might be able to find a Swedish Language performance.  It is about a royal assassination.  Wiki article.