Sign in to follow this  
ScottyDoesKnow

HazMat Fires

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

What factors affect hazmat fires? They're driving me crazy. I only have 4 high density industry buildings, and I've gotten a hazmat fire every day for the last week. Is this normal? I really don't feel like upgrading to a large fire station just for the hazmat trucks when I'm having no other problems with fires.

Edit: Just got another, that's more fires than days now. Also, it was one out of only two high density buildings, since one was rebuilding from the last hazmat fire and the other was rebuilding from not having a place to ship freight (despite the empty trade port just down the street).

Thats really odd. I tend to have no Hazmat Garages or neighbors to help put them out, but theyre usually extinguished. Any when they arent, the game is sure to say that Hazmat fires are "DESTROYING THE CITY!!".. even though that business is still up and running. 

I wouldnt worry about it.. just let the fires burn :)

• Original Poster
  • Regular fire trucks seem to go to hazmat fires if they were already out fighting a fire and pass the hazmat afterwards. But something's definitely up. 3 industry buildings now, first one on fire, regular fire truck on it putting it out. By the time it's done, there's a hazmat fire at another one too. Too far apart to spread to as well.

(despite the empty trade port just down the street).

Trade ports freight lots may be bugged - I have never seen one accept any deliveries whilst trade depots subsequently plopped right next to it work fine