Sign in to follow this  
Srafty

has anyone bothered to multibox?

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

so while regional play is appealing the griefing and fact that most players never return even if you have a good region going kind of ruins it. oh and the fact that even if the region is active if someone plays when you dont and they have criminal issues etc your city is basically ruined because you did nothing about it for so long (12 hours of not playing lol another city gone to the region) o.O

simcity would be very easy to play more than 1 city at a time and to successfully build a region all the players really do need to be online at the same time hence my curiosity of multiple simultaneous city play.

i have not read the tou\tos\eula ect but in no game to date. that i know of, is multiboxing disallowed so aslong as the player doesnt use automated programs to achieve it. (basically using  2 different computers kb, mouse inc)

Anyway, is there anyone out there who has had success in multiboxing simcity?

kinda just wanted to know if it was worth while before paying even more for an already broken game just to make it viable in some way... OMG almost sounds like id be buying rehashed DLC.

so while regional play is appealing the griefing and fact that most players never return even if you have a good region going kind of ruins it. oh and the fact that even if the region is active if someone plays when you dont and they have criminal issues etc your city is basically ruined because you did nothing about it for so long (12 hours of not playing lol another city gone to the region) o.O

simcity would be very easy to play more than 1 city at a time and to successfully build a region all the players really do need to be online at the same time hence my curiosity of multiple simultaneous city play.

i have not read the tou\tos\eula ect but in no game to date. that i know of, is multiboxing disallowed so aslong as the player doesnt use automated programs to achieve it. (basically using  2 different computers kb, mouse inc)

Anyway, is there anyone out there who has had success in multiboxing simcity?

kinda just wanted to know if it was worth while before paying even more for an already broken game just to make it viable in some way... OMG almost sounds like id be buying rehashed DLC.

I haven't multiboxed this game, but I have played it in a LAN setting. If you're looking to play in a region that doesn't get abused and abandoned try to play private regions with friends or join a region that some simtropolis members have going. It sounds like your complaint is more about the quality of the players in your region rather than some problem with multiplayer. A lot of the people here are awesome and I am sure they'd be more than happy to play with you!