Sign in to follow this  
Srafty

Population Question

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

okay so i have a total of  24,156 at a ratio of:

work force of 12,158

shoppers of 8,451

students 3,547

how is it that my city has 125,969 population?

i am playing in a fresh private region and have only started on the one city, there is zero tourists and zero commuting workers, shoppers or kids. so i think im right in saying that the population isnt coming from out side my city...

from what i know utilitys, shops, factorys and parks do not produce population, but instead require workers to make them run etc

can anyone please explain to me where the extra 100k+ people are coming from?

oh and as i just realised the region and city pop is the exact same so defiantly not from outside my city >.<

Yes, always go by the numbers in your population panel.  Be wary that it's been reported by some that these don't give the full picture.  Regardless of what the "unfilled jobs" numbers are, they may be more than that because residents may not actually be getting to work and in turn not earning money to earn happiness.  If this happens enough they will run out of money (despite jobs being available).

• Original Poster
  • hmm, i read about the "fudged code description" the other day, i simply assumed it was reflected in how every sim seems to have 5 clones following him didn't think it would be in the reported pop...

just had me a little confused i guess, since it has been reported that the population is already inflated (my city has more like 25 sims not 25k) i didn't expect the pop count would add more inflation yet again...

12% cpu usage running simcity full screen windowed, while web surfing and watching a TV series (2 monitors), really its not like my computer couldn't handle at leased a few more real sims... did maxxis forget how powerful even moderate computers have become since the last simcity release?

anyway thx for clearing up that its simply inflation

Forgot to mention that the inflation isn't linear, so the higher that number goes (say from 150k-250k) the gains in actual work force will be smaller than say 15k-30k.  These are getfudgedpopulation numbers we're talking about of course.

hmm, i read about the "fudged code description" the other day, i simply assumed it was reflected in how every sim seems to have 5 clones following him didn't think it would be in the reported pop...

just had me a little confused i guess, since it has been reported that the population is already inflated (my city has more like 25 sims not 25k) i didn't expect the pop count would add more inflation yet again...

12% cpu usage running simcity full screen windowed, while web surfing and watching a TV series (2 monitors), really its not like my computer couldn't handle at leased a few more real sims... did maxxis forget how powerful even moderate computers have become since the last simcity release?

anyway thx for clearing up that its simply inflation

The hilarious ramification of this population fudging is when you get into really high numbers. One of my cities, which sits around 750k or so is approximately 90-92% zoned for residential with just TINY zones for high tech high dense industry and commercial. Because so much of the population is fudged I only need a few extra jobs to support my workforce when I went from 150K to 750K. This is really helpful to know when you start to really expand a city vertically because if you zone C and I as much as you are zoning R you'll have a lot of unfilled jobs in your city.