Sign in to follow this  
pkdust

SC4 Freezing i think?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

So basicly i found my old copy of sc4 and i wanted to see if there were any mods for its, making it newer, i was happy to find there was.

After installing it and patching it i found i could start it up, get to region, but after starting to load a city, it would freeze up and i would have to task manager abort it. I'm really not sure whats causing the problem and have tried everything. I'm running w7 64bit. I have reinstalled it about 5 times and im looking for a solution that isnt compatiblity mode or crap like that.

Thanks for your help in advance

Well, a little more info is needed here.  What is the build version of your game after patching?  Get it by using windows explorer to find the file SimCity 4.exe, then hover your mouse over the file.  It should report your version.

Also, do you have any options added to your target line in the shortcut that starts the game?  You should have at least -CPUcount:1.