Sign in to follow this  
bippukt

Any way to start a city over?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I bought Simcity yesterday and started a private region which has 7 city slots. My first city is getting $1000/hr at 1k pop, so I started a 2nd city to make use of the garbage, water and power trading. But I messed things up and now the 2nd city has $0 with -300/hr.

Is there any way to get rid of that city and start a new one in its place? It has a lot of oil and I think ultimately it has great potential, but I need another chance to build it from scratch and I can't find any way to do so.

I can't remember if I have posted here before, so a hearty hello in case this is my first post :)

Transfer some funds from your first city and demolish everything in your second city and just start over again. I have heard that the transfer funds feature can be a little bit buggy at times, however.

There is no way to start a city over from scratch.  Maxis said such a feature was removed because it would cause massive continuity problems if it was ever exercised.

What you can do is turn off all the services that are costing you money, take out some bonds, and use that money to start an oil business.  $75,000 in money should be sufficient to get you into the oil exporting business, which should help get your finances turned around.  Once you're fiscally stable again, you can start turning on services and turning the city into what you want it to become.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for clarifying, but I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to revive with some money from other cities and a bond. The only thing it requires is a bond, and well, I am a bit short on it because I got the game just a day ago :D

This happened to me yesterday without actually wanting to do it. Six hours into working on a city, a message popped up saying your city couldn't be synced, and then it deleted it. Maybe just unplug your internet and see if you get the same error message ;-)