Sign in to follow this  
Bdub01

March madness!

24 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Sorry! I keep forgetting some peeps probably don't keep up with American college basketball. Here's a site that might help.

http://www.marchmadnessaction.com/

Basically it's a bracket of 64 teams that play each other to determine who the national champions are going to be. There are 4 sixteen team regions. So the #1 seed plays the #16 seed. #2 plays #15 and so on. It keeps dropping down to the sweet sixteen to the elite 8 till there are finally 4 left to determine the champs.

I admit I don't get into basketball as much as I love college football but its still fun to watch...

Interesting that there should be such a frenzy in the U.S. over a game developed in Canada.

So?

Many sports have huge followings overseas. European football has it's roots in China and England yet is popular in Latin America, cricket is English yet widely played in the other Commonwealth countries, and hockey has it's roots in the Low Countries yet is played in Canada.

I used to really like March Madness, but now I'm in Japan and have too much other stuff going on to pay much attention. Still, Izzo went to NMU so I always root for Sparty even when I'm not watching.

Final Four will be LOUISVILLE vs. DUKE  and MIAMI vs. FLORIDA

DUKE vs. FLORIDA for the National Championship...

FLORIDA WINS!

About the only part of my bracket still alive... atleast they are all there!

Final Four will be LOUISVILLE vs. DUKE  and MIAMI vs. FLORIDA

DUKE vs. FLORIDA for the National Championship...

FLORIDA WINS!

About the only part of my bracket still alive... atleast they are all there!

A swing and a miss. :rofl:

Thank heavens!  It is April.  Back to baseball.

yea almost saw a perfect game for Yu Darvish a couple days ago.

2 outs in the 9th and someone gets a single. :rage:

So, the Final Four is upon us.  I guess I'm rooting for Louisville first and Florida Syracuse second.  I was stunned when I saw Ware's injury, but his team rallied around him and won.  It's too bad about Florida Gulf Coast, though.

On the baseball front, I hope the Rangers can recover from losing some key players.  It was kind of cruel the way they were knocked out last year in that single-game wild card round.

• Original Poster
  • Louisville had a tough game but pulled it through to get to the national championship game. Way to go!!!

I was on the edge of my seat for the first ten minutes of the second half, and pretty much out of my seat entirely for the last ten.  It was hard-won for Louisville, but a win is a win.  Now I want to see Syracuse win tonight because I have more confindence that Louisville can beat them.  That Michigan team has been looking too tough lately to me. :lost:

I was glad to see Ware get to participate in the net-cutting, after all he's been through the last few weeks.  Congratulations, Louisville!

It was noted that the referees sort of "just let them play" and didn't call every little thing.  Both teams still committed their fair share of fouls, but at least these were legitimate fouls and not the extra ones that sometimes get thrown in.