Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Can someone explain how exactly hours, days, and months work in SimCity? Because I don't understand it in this game. Its so different from SimCity 3000 and SimCity 4.

Thanks.

There are minutes, hours and days. The second speed pretty much makes 2 minutes tick away every second, or maybe a bit longer. Though things do develop quick than minutes. So a large building might take 2-5 minutes to actually form but in SC time that equates to maybe a few hours. After a day passes your coffers fill up (or empty depending on your budget). I hope this helps. Someone else might be able to explain it better than me.

Months and years pass on their own scale, independently of the daily clock. You can hover over the clock to see the month and the year of the city.

piece of mind that's what i'm thinking too.. anyway it's confusing cause it has t least 2 time scales not coherent to real world's time.. weird 

From what i calculated;

In normal speed;  sim hour: 2.5 mins, 

sim day: 1 hour, 

sim month:30 hrs, 

sim year:360 hrs.

In 2 x speed;  sim hour:35 secs,

sim day: 14 mins, 

sim month: 7 hrs,

sim year: 84 hrs.

In 3 x speed; sim hour: 17 secs,

sim day:6.8 mins

sim month:3.4 hrs

sim year:40.8 hrs

Method: Just stopwatched an hour in game while calculating the nuclear radioactivity period in a city, it seems it will never clear up. Over net it is said that a meltdown will clear up 20 sim years and over :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By matias93
      If you are wondering, yes, many of the stereotypes about punctuality are true (says a Chilean that's currently arriving late to his first class of the semester, along with many of the university students). But what's behind them? A field of research, sometimes called Sociology of Time attempts some explanations.
      Observing the overall pace of timed activities of different societies, they have developed the categories of time-oriented and time-relaxed societies. On a known experiment, Robert Levine et al. measured the speed of people walking on city centres, the time a postal clerk took to sell them a stamp and how precisely timed were several public clocks.
      What they found is that most Western European societies, along with the US and Japan are consistently time oriented societies, where people walk fast, work efficiently and care about keeping clocks working as intended; in counterpart, most Mediterranean, Latin American and Middle Eastern countries (those categories overlap) are time-relaxed, meaning that we focus less on punctuality, plan ahead for customary lateness and don't care about occupying other people's time.
      A clarifying example is shown by Levine and recognise by many other scholars that share his experience: while giving classes on time-oriented countries they could count on their students arriving in time, but were also frowned upon if they extended the class after the scheduled time ends, with students abandoning the hall. On time-relaxed cultures, arriving late is generally seen as admissible, even for the one giving the class, but leaving a classroom before ending is widely regarded as impolite, while extending it is took as a 'gift' from the scholar to their students.
      Further analysis has observed that time-oriented cultures tend to be richer, more individualistic, more stressed and to develop on colder climates, but there's no clarity on how this factors are related to time perception.
      Also, there are cultures that aren't fully time-oriented nor time-relaxed, as Korea, where lateness is considered very impolite, but end times are much more flexible. Similar phenomena occurs on developing countries, where most people retain a time-relaxed culture but economic and political elites have synchronised themselves with foreign time-oriented cultures, as in northern Mexico, where both hora inglesa and hora mexicana are selectively used depending on the situation.
    • By cmdp123789
      Hey guys.. I have a quick question. I've seen on some videos that instead of the regular date, some players have the time option set to monday, tuesday, and so on.. so how do I do that? how do I change the regular time to the one showing up as the days of the week?
      Thanks!
    • By Arnold J. Rimmer
      Hello best community on this planet!

Few days ago I was watching videos on YT, then I saw creativeDEX. He impressed me so much! I took his idea of highway reconstruction/works and I decided I make it functional if it would be possible. This version seems best what I tried.
      Hope you enjoy guys and let me know, what you think!
      (sorry for my English if I did mistake)
      UPDATED VERSION with two lanes on each direction:
      Version with one lane on each direction:

• By ImpactUHD
      Looks like the ND update broke the mod and the creator is not going to update it.
      I love that mod and it's very useful but it think we need a new and better one.
      Unfortunately, i don't know how to code at all, so i'm just throwing the idea. Maybe someone will accept the challenge.
    • By schokoladeneis 1
      Please view the picture in fullscreen.
      My Entry for the photoshop challenge. I made a custom interchange. You can see it at the bottom. Afterwards I changed the time of day. But I decided to undo the changes because you could not see the interchange anymore. Well, now you can see both, day'n'night
      I know. I have stupid one way street arrows. I'm too lazy...
      Hope I can show you some day even more of the city. But at this point only half of the big city tile is plopped.