Sign in to follow this  
robdragon

HSR intersection?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey all

I'm putting in a HSR and want to run a north. south and east, west run intersecting. But not sure if an intersection would be realistic. Also I'm guessing here is that you need a overpass/fly-over instead of an actual intersection,.

My problem is I seem to be able to put in the intersection but it reverts to monorail track at the 4-way intersection. Also I don't see a way of building a fly-over/overpass. I can do this with the mix of roads and the such but don't see it using HSR pieces.

Am I missing something?

I have the latest NAM and HSR add-on.

TIA

Brad

Hey all

I'm putting in a HSR and want to run a north. south and east, west run intersecting. But not sure if an intersection would be realistic. Also I'm guessing here is that you need a overpass/fly-over instead of an actual intersection,.

My problem is I seem to be able to put in the intersection but it reverts to monorail track at the 4-way intersection. Also I don't see a way of building a fly-over/overpass. I can do this with the mix of roads and the such but don't see it using HSR pieces.

Am I missing something?

No, you're not.  I even tried running a GHSR line under HSR and got the same problem.  I've issued a bug report on this.

Check the GHSR Puzzle Pieces button.  There's an HSR-over-GHSR piece under there.  HSRP was released back in 2008, in the days before we had figured out draggable intersections between two override networks.  It's changed very little since.  The first instance of override networks intersecting other override networks is the Elevated (now L2) RHW-4 over Ground RHW-4 setup in the 2009 RHW 3.0 release, and it wasn't stable until RHW 3.2 a few months later.

-Tarkus

Slightly after I made my post, I realized that there could be a puzzle piece for this.  I was going to check, but you've made this unnecessary, Tarkus.  So that would seem to be the proper approach here - much better than having two HSR lines intersecting.