Sign in to follow this  
larryparadise

Rock for Shorelines

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

hopefully i'm not in the wrong thread for this but i was checking out some CJs and saw some rock that someone used along their shorelines, and i want to do the same.

the problem is, i'm not finding anything when i search the STEX, probably because i'm using the wrong keywords.

anways...could someone point me in the right direction if possible?  i could also post a pic of what i'm referring to in case anyone wants to see it beforehand.

thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and i'm also looking for a dark water modd too, couldn't find it earlier when i looked.

Hey there are a few different rock shorelines...if you don't mind, can you post a pic so I know which one you're referring to and I'll be glad to email you the plugin for it if you'd like...?  That's if you wanna private msg me the pic and your email and I can send you what you need...

• Original Poster
  • @MCD - i tried to PM you but couldn't see where to attach files so i went this route instead.  circled are the shore rocks i'm talking about.  the pic is from Blunder's Ring of Fire CJ...which is awesome if you haven't checked it out yet.

List of mayor ploppables:  :uhm:

Coast/shore mod: http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/rivit_coastal.html

Coral: 

thanks xonedl...exactly the water modd i was looking for.

• Original Poster
  • That's actually a seawall. Should be this one:

thank you.  so i was looking more into the coastal/shore modds you sent the links for and was a little confused by what constitutes the foreshore, inshore, offshore.  could you clarify for me?  i don't want to have to go back in and out with these modds if i can get it right the first time.

thanks again.

That's actually a seawall. Should be this one:

thank you.  so i was looking more into the coastal/shore modds you sent the links for and was a little confused by what constitutes the foreshore, inshore, offshore.  could you clarify for me?  i don't want to have to go back in and out with these modds if i can get it right the first time.

thanks again.

I have that same exact water/coastal mod, and I LOVE it.  You pretty much have to play around with the different colors to see which combination you like best.  I know the offshore is the color you choose for your deep water areas...such as the middle of the ocean and rivers.  But my memory is a little fuzzy about the inshore and foreshore.  I might be wrong, but I think the inshore is the color you choose for the shallow water areas close to your shore, and the foreshore is the texture for the area right where the water meets the land.

No problem.  I will say this, however:  I realize you would rather get it right the first time so you don't have to go in and out with the mod, but I felt that way too - and the selections I thought would look nice together ended up looking stupid.  So it's really kinda hard to get an accurate idea of how they work together unless you simply test them out.  

• Original Poster
  • definitely took a few times but i think i found a decent combo.  weird thing is, i tried to delete the extracted files before importing the others and the destination folder doesn't show up in the directory, but does when i extract from the .zip file.  but it appears to be working, so whatever.

EDIT: nevermind, found out what the deal was.