Sign in to follow this  
Broadsword15

How to cross monorail and elevated rail?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

You could try the extra height elevated rail pieces.  Otherwise that kind of leaves me stuck as well.  I think the crossover texture doesn't exist.

• Original Poster
  • You could try the extra height elevated rail pieces.  Otherwise that kind of leaves me stuck as well.  I think the crossover texture doesn't exist.

is the extra height elevated rail piece a mod?

It's part of the NAM (network add-on mod). Select custom installation when you run the setup, you should see the option to add high elevated monorail and high elevated rail.

I been trying to find out how to cross them because they have the same height.

There is no way to drag either of those networks over the other in the base game, as you've discovered.

There are two possible ways to have them 'cross' without mods in the base game.

Easiest is to convert the elevated rail line to subway underneath the monorail. I don't think this works for diagonals.

More time consuming but possible is to create a hill, run one of the lines through a tunnel, then use the leveling tool to flatten most of the hill EXCEPT the tunnels, allowing the second network to run above ground.

• Original Poster
  • I been trying to find out how to cross them because they have the same height.

There is no way to drag either of those networks over the other in the base game, as you've discovered.

Easiest is to convert the elevated rail line to subway underneath the monorail. I don't think this works for diagonals.

More time consuming but possible is to create a hill, run one of the lines through a tunnel, then use the leveling tool to flatten most of the hill EXCEPT the tunnels, allowing the second network to run above ground.

how do you convert elevated rail line to subway?

I been trying to find out how to cross them because they have the same height.

There's an elevated rail to subway connector piece that comes default in the game in the same menu as the elevated rail. Just need to put them down facing the right directions and connect them underground with the subway.

In the transport menu there is an el-subway connector. It should snap to the end of the el or subway (in the underground view).

Hi!

You could lower down the el-rail by convert it into the GLR (Ground Light Rail) and when the monorail line is underpassed make the GLR elevated again. GLR is also a part of NAM and a transition puzzle piece is included. The transition piece is about 5 tiles long I think and it looks better than the el-rail to subway piece which is just 3 tiles long so the slope is quite steep.  :)

This could help too: http://homepage2.nifty.com/caribou/slope.htm