Sign in to follow this  
rsoares

Ideias for region system for new citybuilding game

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

i started to work on a city building game myself.

my main focus is modding so the first thought i have is maps.

how would you like to see the region.

1> as simcity 4\5 limiting number of external maps we can add later.

2> as citiesXL increasing the number of external maps but still limited.

3> KISS version (keep it simple stupid). with just an map listing "dropdown" style with an map preview.

4> your idea is welcome and needed.

Best Regards.

I'd be happy with Simcity 4 size regions but with cities with expandable realistic borders, however they would be determined.

I certainly would prefer not to have to 'load' cities, but rather select a city and switch the simulation to that city and 'shut down' the others simulation

• Original Poster
  • the insane amount of data being processed makes it close to impossible.

not because of simulation porposes but for rendering display, and some scripts can only run after certain things are rendered/created, what can be done is faster loadings but cant get rid of then, or the only thing we will see is a black screen filling up and can't do anything anyway and would just slow down loading ^^

anymore ideas for an region view ?

I must admit that I don't understand why you would want to start working on a new SimCity clone, when there are at least two active projects currently being discussed on this site.  Surely we're more likely to get a good game if everyone with programming skills would combine their efforts on one game.

• Original Poster
  • If any of those shared the same vision as me i would try to join.

The 2 i would probably join,but dont wanna do game logic (game), they wanna leave that to end user beskoped mod's.

so in the end you have 2 simulator engines in progress. like i didnt test both but i think none of them adresses region trade or someting in that mater (regions).

but u are rigth, first project as the road system working and buildings, second one as RCI working, if we joint both we had simcity 2013 already :)

Obviously it would be more efficient if everypone joined the same project, although we may have different visions

I doubt I will ever succeed in creating my game... By the time I've enough skill I'll probably have a full time job anyway and no time to spend on it