Sign in to follow this  
nertskull

Two questions

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I'm pretty new to this, I looked around and couldn't find an answer though.  Two questions.

1. To connect to SimNation, do the cities have to be next to each other?  Do the roads actually have to connect.  If I have a city four tiles/blocks away from another city, do I have to build a road through the empty tiles between in the region.  Does the game actually follow the roads exactly?  Or once it "connects" to SimNation am I good?

2. Out of curiosity, is there any way to see what growth stage a particular plot is at?  Not a huge deal, but I've just been curious to see.

Thanks.

To connect to SimNation, do the cities have to be next to each other?

Actually, SimNation is not existed. Connected to SimNation means you are connected to an empty city next to your city. And yeah, you can only connect your city to the city next to your city. You can't jump from one city to another.

Do the roads actually have to connect.

If the road is not connected to the neighbor city or you don't want to make the road to be connected to your neighbor city, no neighbor connection will be built.

If I have a city four tiles/blocks away from another city, do I have to build a road through the empty tiles between in the region.  Does the game actually follow the roads exactly?

You can't simply connecting roads from an empty tile to another. First, you must create a city so you can use the Mayor mode. Only then, you can connect the road from one edge to another. However, what you mean with the game follow the roads exactly?

Or once it "connects" to SimNation am I good?

Look at my explanation above.

2. Out of curiosity, is there any way to see what growth stage a particular plot is at?  Not a huge deal, but I've just been curious to see.

Without LE, you can't do that. Once you have this tool, you can check the lot that you want and see the stage of the building.

If you want to connect a remote city, you need to open each intervening tile and run the road/highway through them.  You will also need to activate the city so that it will appear to have jobs to attract traffic.  The easiest thing to do is a small plaza with a bus stop.  After it becomes active, you don't have to play this city but can just leave it in suspended animation.